Author Topic: Bank Direct AAdvantage Mileage Checking Account  (Read 39755 times)

Offline Emily

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Re: best bank for checking account?
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2010, 09:46:17 PM »
Why is Bank Direct better than ING?  Also do you have any good offers if I open an ING accout?   I want cash :) maybe lilke $200 or so... thanks in advance lol

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2011, 10:26:05 AM »
Worth noting that effective 03/01 Bank Direct is limiting people to 20,000 AA miles per month.
Still a lot considering it takes $200,000 on deposit to get 20,000 miles per month.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline azhoopsfan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2011, 12:38:41 PM »
Just curious if anyone else is still using a BBVA Compass account to earn AA miles (under a grandfathered account from the old Guaranty Bank).  I'd like to know if there are other people who might report changes to this board in case I miss something. 

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2011, 01:01:16 PM »
I guess the million milers were coming in too fast!!

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2011, 01:02:37 PM »
Worth noting that effective 03/01 Bank Direct is limiting people to 20,000 AA miles per month.
Still a lot considering it takes $200,000 on deposit to get 20,000 miles per month.

Per person, or per account?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2011, 01:12:01 PM »
Still unclear.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline MLM

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT PLAT, UA LT PP, FPC LT PLAT, HH DIAMOND,
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2011, 11:23:19 PM »

According to the Rep I spoke with these new rules are not for sure going to be effective 3/01 possibly a later date though. Also it seems that the 20,000 limit is per AA account. Therefore you can credit to two or more AA accounts.(even your own then merge later)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2011, 11:44:31 PM »
According to the Rep I spoke with these new rules are not for sure going to be effective 3/01 possibly a later date though. Also it seems that the 20,000 limit is per AA account. Therefore you can credit to two or more AA accounts.(even your own then merge later)
It's not per AA account, it's per checking account.  You are allowed to have 2 checking accounts under their current rules.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2011, 06:32:32 AM »
It's not per AA account, it's per checking account.  You are allowed to have 2 checking accounts under their current rules.

Per SSN. If you want FDIC insurance you need to keep your balance under $250k per account anyway.

We should all have this problem (too much money) :)
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2011, 11:33:40 AM »
Per SSN. If you want FDIC insurance you need to keep your balance under $250k per account anyway.

We should all have this problem (too much money) :)
Amen!

Offline MLM

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2011, 01:00:25 PM »

Btw as a side note if it will ever be nogea there are many ways to have  more than $250,000 FDIC insurance. You are eligible $250,000 per account type Joints get 250k per person and single gets 250 so a couple would automatically get $500k for their joint and $250k each in other individual accounts. for a total of 1 million. Also if beneficiaries are added to accounts then there is another additional $250k per beneficiary and there is no limit to how many can be placed on the account.

Offline MLM

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2011, 02:26:28 PM »

I just spoke to a rep and he said the limit applies to the AA account. You can have as many mileage checking accounts as you want just you can only be crediting miles to your AA account from maximum of two mileage checking accounts.

According to FT this might change along with the other changes being discussed.

Offline MLM

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2011, 02:41:26 PM »
Just spoke to Bank Direct supervisor ans she said that they are having a meeting this afternoon regarding the changes that will take place. It will be effective April 1, 2011.  She said she will call me back with info on the changes after the meeting. She said she doesn't think there will be cap per se just once you reach a certain threshold $250,000 the earning will be lower so I would not worry too much about it. But Ill keep everyone posted. Also interestingly enough another big guy at Texas Capital Bank the owners of Bank Direct told me that they pay 1.8 cpm to AA. And they are really losing alot of money off the program and therefore eventually there  will have to be a change in the future, but he didn't say that this change will be soon.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2011, 02:45:52 PM »
Just spoke to Bank Direct supervisor ans she said that they are having a meeting this afternoon regarding the changes that will take place. It will be effective April 1, 2011.  She said she will call me back with info on the changes after the meeting. She said she doesn't think there will be cap per se just once you reach a certain threshold $250,000 the earning will be lower so I would not worry too much about it. But Ill keep everyone posted. Also interestingly enough another big guy at Texas Capital Bank the owners of Bank Direct told me that they pay 1.8 cpm to AA. And they are really losing alot of money off the program and therefore eventually there  will have to be a change in the future, but he didn't say that this change will be soon.

1.8cpm, that's hard to believe. Why would they be paying that if they can borrow from the Fed for less?

Offline MLM

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2011, 02:47:16 PM »
1.8cpm, that's hard to believe. Why would they be paying that if they can borrow from the Fed for less?

Its from when interest rates were much higher and that is exactly why they are losing money.

Offline mancunian

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2011, 03:50:21 PM »
i've mentioned before:

On the original topic, i'm very happy banking with chase.

A business account gets you a free premier account.
The premier account gives free checks and four withdrawals from other banks' atms, although they dont refund the other bank's fee.
And i'm convinced the customer service is better. I don't think theres anything they haven't been able to do for me, happily, since i switched.
And in general chase has good customer service, in the branch and on the phone, and are open quite late, and i like their online banking

Business accounts are free with 5 purchases a month, otherwise they charge you whatever balance is in the account, up to $15 per month.

Offline BAHayman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2011, 05:53:42 PM »
i've mentioned before:

On the original topic, i'm very happy banking with chase.

A business account gets you a free premier account.
The premier account gives free checks and four withdrawals from other banks' atms, although they dont refund the other bank's fee.
And i'm convinced the customer service is better. I don't think theres anything they haven't been able to do for me, happily, since i switched.
And in general chase has good customer service, in the branch and on the phone, and are open quite late, and i like their online banking

Business accounts are free with 5 purchases a month, otherwise they charge you whatever balance is in the account, up to $15 per month.

I can't seem to find where it says that a business account will be free with 5 purchases a month..

Offline mancunian

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2011, 10:11:04 PM »
screenshot

if i find the site again i'll tell you
to be honest, chase had trouble finding it too. some agents were aware, some not. i knew about it from mailings i got

edit - here:
https://www.chase.com/index.jsp?pg_name=ccpmapp/shared/marketing/page/chase_exclusives
https://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?pg_name=ccpmapp/smallbusiness/business_banking/page/mp_premier_checking
https://www.chase.com/ccpmweb/shared/document/business_exclusives.pdf

edit 2 -
guess i didnt read well. it is tho try it
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 10:15:15 PM by mancunian »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bank Direct AAdvantage Mileage Checking Account
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2011, 05:02:45 PM »
Effective 04/01 you will get the AA miles at the same rate 1 mile per $10 per month (12 miles per $10 per year) for balances up to $200,000.  For anything over $200,000 you will only get 1 mile per $40 per month.

Currently you can have 2 mileage checking accounts per person but soon (April 1st maybe?) they will only allow 1 mileage checking account per household to be opened!  Accounts that are open before will be allowed to stay open and each grandfathered account will be allowed to earn miles at the higher rate for up to $200K per account.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bank Direct AAdvantage Mileage Checking Account
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2011, 05:03:30 PM »
May all of us be zoche to have those worries very soon :)