Topic Wiki

IF YOUR OBI NEEDS UPDATES SEE HERE

See here for some good tutorials on setting up the Obi.

You can switch your current landline number into a Google Voice account to retain your phone number on a free Obi phone line.
To port your landline to GV:
  • Get ahold of an old Page Plus or Verizon cell phone that isn't being used. Port your existing landline to Page Plus for free through their website.
  • Fill out the port form and put in your landline number and the old PP cell phone's ESN or MEID number (from under the battery) and wait a couple of days for it to go through. You will know that the port is complete, when dialing your landline rings on the cell phone.
  • Once the account is active, buy $10 worth of minutes from PagePlus in order to receive the verification call from GV.
  • Now you can initiate the GV port. It's a good idea to open a new Gmail account. You can then setup all emails that come to that account (all the voicemails notifications) to be forwarded to your main Gmail account. Login to GV from the new account and port in your number. It will cost $20, and you will get an email when the port to GV is complete.
Using the above method will only have incoming Caller ID numbers, not names. If you want names as well, follow these steps:
  • Go to https://www.callcentric.com/, click Products, then click the yellow Get A Number button next to Free Phone Number.
  • Use the tool on the left to pick an area code, then order the number. It doesn’t have to be something memorable, because no one will ever have to dial it.
  • When it asks if you’re in US/Canada, either select Yes to use their E911 service, or No if you want to use something else. Callcentric setup is free, plus $1.50/mo if you want E911 services. See below for more details.
  • After you receive a confirmation email from Callcentric with your new account info, go to obitalk.com, and log into your Obi. Click SP2, scroll down to OBiTALK Compatible Service Providers, then click Next. Follow the prompts to link your Callcentric account. In the box that says Callcentric Number, enter the 1777 number you got in the email. Uncheck Primary Line for Outgoing Calls and 911.
  • Open Google Voice, go into Settings, and add a forwarding phone. Enter the real phone number you got in the email from Callcentric. Google will call it to confirm; it should ring on your Obi. Answer it and enter the code shown by GV.
  • Uncheck forward to Google Chat.
  • Log into your Callcentric account. Click Preferences. Under General, enable Caller ID with name (Inbound calls). (You can also change the maximum call duration, and unlist yourself from the directory).
or this for a $5 one time fee.
https://simonics.com/gw/?promo=nerdvittles

If you’re not using Callcentric, you have to set up SP3 in Obi settings to point to your E911 provider’s account.
E911 providers:
Callcentric$18/year ($1.50/mo) + $1.50 setup
Anveo$15/year
http://www.gv911.com/$12/year
http://www.bulkvs.com/e911.html$8.64/year ($0.72/mo)

If you want the SP2 to ring like the standard US ringtone:
go to obi expert config, then to voice service, select sp2, and change it to this:
X_ServProvProfile B
X_RingProfile   A
X_CodecProfile   A

You can add your CID http://www.listyourself.net/ListYourself/listing.jsp?ID=new
and check your CID http://who.scalling.com/411/

Author Topic: OBi Master Thread  (Read 355320 times)

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,

Offline Bp

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
If this report is true    Google voice sip: http://www.bgr.com/2011/03/08/google-may-finally-be-adding-voip-to-google-voice/    than no need for this fancy device a standard linksys PBX box will do the trick

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
@bp
if and when.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
Price is now $84.94...

Someone posted on another forums that the company posted this on FB:

"We expect new stock to be available at $49.99 tonight and tomorrow night. It is likely, there will be periods of Out Of Stock during the check-in period. Note that there is a possibility the stock we expect will be checked-in tonight could slip to tomorrow and Thursday - like what happened last Friday. Thank you for your patience! "
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 01:16:05 AM by David »

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
I got mine in the mail today. Took me about 10 min to set up using this step by step easy directions.

Call clarity seems to be pretty clear for me. That post above also has a way around the 911 issue although it looks like it will cost $1.50 a month using callcentric pay as you go

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
In for one, I'll try it out and report back.
So did you set yours up? What do you think?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
I bought the OBi for $49.99 and a Vtech Dect 6.0 cordless phone with caller ID and speakerphone for $19.54 last week.
Additional cordless phones are available for just $14.95

I opened up a new GV account and got a vanity number.
Charged the phone for 24 hours and then set it up yesterday.  Setup took less than 15 minutes and the call quality seems very good!
Free outgoing/incoming phone calls to the US/Canada with no monthly fee!
Thanks David!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 11:56:33 AM by Dan »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
I bought the OBi for $49.99 and a Vtech Dect 6.0 cordless phone with caller ID and speakerphone for $19.54 last week.
Additional cordless phones are available for just $14.95

I opened up a new GV account and got a vanity number.
Charged the phone for 24 hours and then set it up yesterday.  Setup took less than 15 minutes and the call quality seems very good!
Free outgoing/incoming phone calls to the US/Canada with no monthly fee!
Thanks David!

Now we just need to figure out 911 and i wont have to keep a charged cell phone available for the babysitter.
What do you think about using callcentric and paying $1.50 a month for the pay as you go plan? Its mentioned in this link amongst the other ways of using this box.

Offline Zeeeeks

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
I bought the OBi for $49.99

Dan, this is currently selling for $84.94 at Amazon, do you think it is worth it?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Obihai-Technology/112820825433817
March 11 at 11:30am:
The OBi110 at $49.99 will be replenished at Amazon in approximately two weeks. The OBi100 will also be available in that time frame. Do not buy an OBi110 from anyone other than "Obihai Technology." Obihai will not honor the warranty or provide technical support for OBi devices purchased from a third party. Thank you very much for your support.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
OBi110@$49.99 & the *New* OBi100@$43.99 will be available at Amazon this week.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
OBi110@$49.99 & the *New* OBi100@$43.99 will be available at Amazon this week!

I see 84.94...

Any announced better features of the new one?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I see 84.94...

Any announced better features of the new one?
The OBi100 is the OBi110 without the line port option.

It has to say sold by Obihai.

It will be in stock later today or tomorrow.

The OBi100 can be had for $43.99 with code: HELLOOBI
The OBi110 can be had for $49.99 with code: GREATBUY

Limit 4 discounted OBi100 and 4 discount OBi110 units per customer.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
From their Facebook page:

Later this evening and/or tomorrow, the OBi100 and OBi110 will be available at Amazon.com.

We have implemented a separate coupon code for each product, which will be required to arrive at the $43.99 & $49.99 price for the OBi100 and OBi110, respectively.  Up to four (4) units of each model may be purchased at a discount by an individual Amazon customer.  The coupon codes may be used one time and one time only by an individual Amazon customer.

Coupon codes and offer descriptions:
OBi100
OBi100 Coupon Code:  HELLOOBI
For a limited time, up to four (4) OBi100 units may be purchased at $43.99 or $16 off the Obihai Technology list price of $59.99.  The regular list price of $59.99 will apply to all subsequent purchases of the OBi100 by the same customer.

OBi110
OBi110
Coupon Code:  GREATBUY
For a limited time, up to four (4) OBi110 units may be purchased at $49.99 or $20 off the Obihai Technology list price of $69.99.  The regular list price of $69.99 will apply to all subsequent purchases of OBi110 by the same customer.

In summary, any single Amazon customer will be able to buy up to four (4) units of the OBi100 at $43.99 and four (4) units of the OBi110 at $49.99.   

As with any Amazon.com coupon code, customers will apply this to items in their shopping cart at checkout.

In the Amazon.com, "Review and submit your order" area you will see an area on the right titled, "Do you have any gift cards or promotional claim codes?"  There is a window below this, which allows you to apply the coupon code(s).

Should you have difficulty applying the coupon code, you may need to remove the item(s) from your shopping cart and shopping history, then add them and apply the coupon code(s) again.

Offline aaa

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
Ive been trying to add to cart for 10 minutes...what is wrong?!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Ive been trying to add to cart for 10 minutes...what is wrong?!
Worked for me.

Offline aaa

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
Ya I got it. At 11:30 the price changed, but it must have just been an error...I couldnt add it to cart. At 11:50 it worked fine. Thanks

Offline nis965

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Got one! I'm really curious to see how or even if the phone/cable companies try and compete with these! As VOIP become more common and easy to use, landlines are going to become extinct

Offline Zeeeeks

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Thanks Dan!

Offline miles

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Air Canada, UA PLT, ANA, Delta Platinum, AA, BA, Aerosvit, A/A by Chase closed all accounts
why we need a new GV account