Author Topic: The Future of Lakewood  (Read 521612 times)

Offline imayid2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: The Future of Lakewood
« Reply #2020 on: July 12, 2022, 05:03:29 PM »
I believe they can, but I'm not certain. At Friday's hearing, the prosecutor made some objections for the record, which would indicate that he can appeal it.
Who calls the shots on this? Does it come from the top? AG himself?

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: July 12, 2022, 05:09:39 PM »
He was only charged because of the APP?
They have been hammering him for years, and it definitely makes pressure to investigate. I don't think it's "only because" of APP, but it's likely a contributing factor.

In 2017, they wrote "SCHI has been the subject of an ongoing Asbury Park Press investigation for more than a decade"

I don't know the answer to this, but I've heard different things from different people.

Offline Dawie

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: July 12, 2022, 05:29:12 PM »
Posted without comment

Offline imayid2

• View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: July 12, 2022, 07:09:50 PM »

Offline ari3

• View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: July 13, 2022, 12:35:44 AM »
Any indications if the prosecution will go for a retrial?
What's in it for them to start all over. Don't the prosecutors have anything better to do with their time and with our taxpayer dollars? By now they must be looking pretty foolish and whoever initiated this whole thing must have moved on a long time ago.

Which leads to the question?
Iinm we are on the third AG since this started, Although I thought this came from the OC prosecutors office.

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #2025 on: July 13, 2022, 12:45:28 AM »
Iinm we are on the third AG since this started
I think the 4th. Porrino, Grewal, Bruck, Platkin.

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: July 13, 2022, 12:55:14 AM »
What's in it for them to start all over. Don't the prosecutors have anything better to do with their time and with our taxpayer dollars? By now they must be looking pretty foolish and whoever initiated this whole thing must have moved on a long time ago.

Which leads to the question?Iinm we are on the third AG since this started, Although I thought this came from the OC prosecutors office.

The court filings mention the deputy AG, and they fall under the NJ AG supervision. The NJ AG is appointed by the governor, and can be removed at any point. So it all comes down to the great friend of our local askanim, no pardons necessary.
Visibly Jewish

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: July 13, 2022, 07:36:10 AM »

- Lakewood youngeleit will now receive their kolell check in one monthly payment instead of bi weekly
["-"]

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: July 13, 2022, 07:53:04 AM »
- Lakewood youngeleit will now receive their kolell check in one monthly payment instead of bi weekly
Also, no part of it will come from CARES funds anymore, meaning it will now be fully taxable.

Offline imayid2

• View Profile

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #2030 on: July 13, 2022, 08:47:14 AM »
The court filings mention the deputy AG, and they fall under the NJ AG supervision. The NJ AG is appointed by the governor, and can be removed at any point. So it all comes down to the great friend of our local askanim, no pardons necessary.
The executive is not supposed to get involved in prosecutions.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: July 13, 2022, 09:24:00 AM »
State went after Rabbi Eisemann claiming he stole money from the government that was meant for his special needs school. Jury acquitted him in trial, but convicted of two secondary charges. The convictions of those two counts were only possible after the judge change the rules mid-trial, and were not really possible without a conviction on one of the primary charges, but the judge allowed the convictions to stand.

Being that the judge realized that Rabbi Eisemann was essentially innocent, he sentenced him to 60 days in jail. The prosecutor however appealed the sentence, and the appeals court (which completely misunderstood the basic facts of the case) ruled that he should be resentenced by a new judge.

Before the case went for resentencing, the defense filled a motion for a retrial after a new witness came forward to say that she was the bookkeeper that made the entry at the center of the case, and it was not Rabbi Eisemann. Furthermore, she said that it was a basic accounting error, and the entry was not backed by actual money, and was therefore not a criminal act. During the briefing exchanges on this motion, the prosecutors revealed that they knew BEFORE the trial that this bookkeeper was the responsible party. The defense then filed a second request for a retrial saying that the prosecutor withheld crucial evidence.

Today, the judge granted the motion for both reasons, thus vacating the convictions and allowing a new trial on those two counts.

In slightly simpler terms (though perhaps less accurate):

He was charged with stealing state money and with taking action to hide the stealing.

He was acquitted of the charge that he stole, but was convicted on the hiding. (Hiding what you ask? Good question...)

Now the judge vacated the convictions for two reasons;
1 - New evidence surfaced.
2 - the prosecution had that evidence before the first trial and didn't disclose it to the defense.

If the prosecution wants to try him again they can't bring in the charged he was acquitted of. I imagine it will be a lot harder to convince the jury to convict when they can't confuse them by throwing around claims of stolen money.

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: July 13, 2022, 09:45:34 AM »
The executive is not supposed to get involved in prosecutions.

Blatant prosecutorial misconduct is a fireable offense, irregardless of R' Eisemann innocence.
Visibly Jewish

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #2033 on: July 13, 2022, 10:26:12 AM »
Blatant prosecutorial misconduct is a fireable offense, irregardless of R' Eisemann innocence.
There is no way that would happen while there is a conviction on the books. Even now it is not clear that it reaches that level.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: July 13, 2022, 01:09:06 PM »
In slightly simpler terms (though perhaps less accurate):

He was charged with stealing state money and with taking action to hide the stealing.

He was acquitted of the charge that he stole, but was convicted on the hiding. (Hiding what you ask? Good question...)

1 - New evidence surfaced.
2 - the prosecution had that evidence before the first trial and didn't disclose it to the defense.

If the prosecution wants to try him again they can't bring in the charged he was acquitted of. I imagine it will be a lot harder to convince the jury to convict when they can't confuse them by throwing around claims of stolen money.
Not entirely accurate.

Financial Facilitation (also called money laundering) is when you use one crime to hide OR promote another crime. They claimed he did the latter.

Here's more accurate (albeit more confusing) synopsis:

He was charged with stealing state money and using that crime as a smokescreen to do a second crime - allegedly erasing a debt they claim he owed.

He was acquitted of the charge that he stole, but was convicted on the promotion. (What crime did he use to promote you ask? Good question...)

1 - New evidence surfaced (that no loan ever existed, thus there never was a second crime to promote).

Offline Sam 77

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: July 13, 2022, 02:36:24 PM »
Please forward this to people in NJ or any one using the NJ Highways, and let them know of this latest Police Initiative.

Here's the latest NJ State Police Initiative (Radio Station 101.5 confirmed this info).
Starting July 28, New Jersey will launch a 30-day speeding ticket frenzy. The state estimates that 9 million dollars will be generated in speeding tickets. One million dollars will go to pay state troopers over-time.
There will be 50 state troopers on duty at all times patrolling the 9 main intersections and highways as follows:
I-295 North and South,
I-95 Jersey Turnpike North and South,
I-80 East and West,
I-287 North and South,
I-78 East and West,
I-195 East and West,
I-280 East and West,
Route 130 - North and South,
Garden State Parkway - North and South
5 MPH above the limit can justify a ticket and every state trooper is supposed to pull a car over and write a ticket every 10 to 20 minutes.
They have issued 30 brand new unmarked Crown Victoria cruisers and are bringing in all of their part-timers on full time. If you work in NJ, NY, DE or CT, you will probably be on one of these highways. So, please be on guard and drive safely!
Starting August 15, the price of a violation to show your driver's license, registration or insurance card at the time you are stopped, increased from $44.00 to $173.00. (Keep these documents in your car). And the fine for not having all three documents is $519.00!
The fine for hand-held cell phone use while driving will be going up....
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 02:40:26 PM by Sam 77 »

Offline smart man

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: July 13, 2022, 02:40:03 PM »
Please forward this to people in NJ or any one using the NJ Highways, and let them know of this latest Police Initiative.

Here's the latest NJ State Police Initiative (Radio Station 101.5 confirmed this info).
Starting July 28, New Jersey will launch a 30-day speeding ticket frenzy. The state estimates that 9 million dollars will be generated in speeding tickets. One million dollars will go to pay state troopers over-time.
There will be 50 state troopers on duty at all times patrolling the 9 main intersections and highways as follows:
I-295 North and South,
I-80 East and West,
I-287 North and South,
I-78 East and West,
I-195 East and West,
I-280 East and West,
5 MPH above the limit can justify a ticket and every state trooper is supposed to pull a car over and write a ticket every 10 to 20 minutes.
They have issued 30 brand new unmarked Crown Victoria cruisers and are bringing in all of their part-timers on full time. If you work in NJ, NY, DE or CT, you will probably be on one of these highways. So, please be on guard and drive safely!
Starting August 15, the price of a violation to show your driver's license, registration or insurance card at the time you are stopped, increased from $44.00 to $173.00. (Keep these documents in your car). And the fine for not having all three documents is $519.00!

I-295 North and South,
I-80 East and West,
I-287 North and South,
I-78 East and West,
I-195 East and West,
I-280 East and West,
The fine for hand-held cell phone use while driving will be going up....
It’s all kinda believable, except that the last time Crown Victoria’s were made was 2011.

Offline Sam 77

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: July 13, 2022, 02:42:08 PM »
It’s all kinda believable, except that the last time Crown Victoria’s were made was 2011.
It can be that the crown Victoria there talking about is really the tinted out dodge chargers

Offline MarkS

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: July 13, 2022, 02:45:35 PM »
This goes around every year. Fake

Offline smart man

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: July 13, 2022, 02:47:30 PM »
It can be that the crown Victoria there talking about is really the tinted out dodge chargers
Or it can be shtusim. Someone that knows so much about this should know that they don’t drive Crown Victoria’s.