Author Topic: The Future of Lakewood  (Read 580268 times)

Offline WayBackMachine

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: The Future of Lakewood
« Reply #3680 on: October 05, 2023, 11:56:50 AM »
How do these gvirim SBH work? They're open to the public? It's free?
yes event was made for the buchorim in Lakewood that need to release their steam

( once said a Bucher is like a seltzer bottle you shake and shake it if you don't open it from time to time it can explode and be very dangerous for the surroundings )

Offline chevron

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: October 05, 2023, 12:30:22 PM »

Big gvirim don't charge. Besides you can probably expense most parties

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #3682 on: October 06, 2023, 10:58:45 AM »
They invite a certain amount of friends and relatives, word gets out, hordes of bochurim show up, and they let in as many as they can until it reaches capacity (it’s in his/their home) before they stop allowing people in without an invite or a “hookup”.

There’s usually a party outside with just as many people schmoozing and screaming including the people who couldn’t get in as well as others who were inside and left.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline chevron

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile

Online YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: October 10, 2023, 08:16:42 AM »
https://www.app.com/story/news/local/2023/10/09/lakewood-board-of-education-attorney-njs-highest-paid-public-employee/71055626007/

Crazy
I didn't read this piece, because I have already read 10 pieces they printed that had the same idea.

IMO this is unfair reporting against him. I know (first-hand) that the APP hates Inzelbuch, and they use every opportunity to shmear him. And while I may not be a fan of everything that goes on in the BOE, Inzelbuch's salary is one thing that I actually think is perfectly fine.

Lakewood is a unique district. Due to its high amount of private school students, it's in a perpetual budget shortfall. Inzelbuch is not just the BOE's legal counsel, but he is their spokesman, strategist, and most importantly, the driving force behind securing Lakewood funding to operate over the past bunch of year. (Yes, I think Lang's approach is needed long-term, but for now, it's only Inzelbuch's advocacy that is keeping the place running.) His salary may be very high, but it's small potatoes compared to how much the district needs him.

We are not a regular district, and he is not a regular lawyer. But the APP hates him and will keep shmearing him.

The MOST important point to note about this whole conversation is that the State Monitor, who works for the state of NJ, has full veto power over Inzelbuch's contract. Yet, every single year, he signs off on it. This should shut down every argument about it, but don't let facts get in the way of a passionate news piece.

Offline Deal Guy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: October 10, 2023, 11:17:48 AM »
I didn't read this piece, because I have already read 10 pieces they printed that had the same idea.

IMO this is unfair reporting against him. I know (first-hand) that the APP hates Inzelbuch, and they use every opportunity to shmear him. And while I may not be a fan of everything that goes on in the BOE, Inzelbuch's salary is one thing that I actually think is perfectly fine.

Lakewood is a unique district. Due to its high amount of private school students, it's in a perpetual budget shortfall. Inzelbuch is not just the BOE's legal counsel, but he is their spokesman, strategist, and most importantly, the driving force behind securing Lakewood funding to operate over the past bunch of year. (Yes, I think Lang's approach is needed long-term, but for now, it's only Inzelbuch's advocacy that is keeping the place running.) His salary may be very high, but it's small potatoes compared to how much the district needs him.

We are not a regular district, and he is not a regular lawyer. But the APP hates him and will keep shmearing him.

The MOST important point to note about this whole conversation is that the State Monitor, who works for the state of NJ, has full veto power over Inzelbuch's contract. Yet, every single year, he signs off on it. This should shut down every argument about it, but don't let facts get in the way of a passionate news piece.

The fact that he keeps fighting Lang, (which we need Lang to win desperately), what kind of spokesman is he?  Kindly explain to me, when we need a spokesman to say that Lakewood is NOT providing a proper education, so that they can see to rush over funding, what good does it serve Lakewood for him or his team to keep fighting Lang, and saying that Lakewood IS providing a proper education?

(I'm not looking for a pro or con inzelbuch bashing conversation, I just would like someone to address my above point, and to explain how it even begins to make sense when they put out statements that Lakewood IS able to provide a proper education.)

Online YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: October 10, 2023, 03:42:41 PM »
The fact that he keeps fighting Lang, (which we need Lang to win desperately), what kind of spokesman is he?  Kindly explain to me, when we need a spokesman to say that Lakewood is NOT providing a proper education, so that they can see to rush over funding, what good does it serve Lakewood for him or his team to keep fighting Lang, and saying that Lakewood IS providing a proper education?

(I'm not looking for a pro or con inzelbuch bashing conversation, I just would like someone to address my above point, and to explain how it even begins to make sense when they put out statements that Lakewood IS able to provide a proper education.)
They are both trying to win, but there is a machlokes how to get to that goal. I've spoken to both of them and have a clear grasp on their opinions.

Lang holds that the only way to get additional state funding is to prove that Lakewood is giving a terrible education, because we can't afford better.

Inzelbuch holds that you don't need to prove that, and proving that only makes a chillul Hashem. He holds that we can get additional state funding by proving that Lakewood is giving a good education, but only because of the state loans its getting. He says that it's only legal for the state to loan money to a district if it would not be able to supply adequate education otherwise - so the very fact that we were given state loans is proof enough that we cannot afford to educate without it and the funding formula needs to be changed.

That is the basic differences of their opinions, and they manifest themselves in a lot of differing wider arguments.

Offline WayBackMachine

• View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: October 19, 2023, 11:29:44 PM »
https://savejersey.com/2023/10/ld30-thomson-warns-democrats-dont-remotely-align-with-lakewoods-jewish-voters/

LD30: Thomson warns Democrats don’t “remotely align” with Lakewood’s Jewish voters

Online YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: October 19, 2023, 11:41:07 PM »
My personal take on this race:

I find it abhorrent that some of the frum media outlets I respect have come out so strongly against Avi Schnall. You may not agree with his idea to run, but bottom line is that he has the backing of the vast majority of Lakewood's rabbonim, as well as from the Moetzes (I verified this myself). If someone doesn't want to vote for him or they want to hock about it in the coffee room, I can understand. But two big media outlets, who generally echo the ideas of the Torah community, have actively taken a clear stance against him, and are publishing/posting every dumb "statement" from his opponent, who by the way, never said a word to the frum community until he was challenged.

Avi Schnall is a frum Yid trying to do something, with the backing of Gedolim. It boggles my mind how these news outlets are trying to undermine him.

Offline WayBackMachine

• View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: October 19, 2023, 11:45:29 PM »
I usually vote down republican, I like avi schnal,
running as a candidate he put me on a spot,
after seeing this about his alternative, avi gets my vote hands down

Online Definitions2

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3690 on: October 19, 2023, 11:45:53 PM »
I found it amusing that gourmet glatt had rainbow challahs for parshas noach.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #3691 on: October 19, 2023, 11:48:24 PM »

Are they from the West Orange Bake Shop?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline WayBackMachine

• View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: October 19, 2023, 11:48:26 PM »

what did you expect water challah?

Online Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: October 19, 2023, 11:55:26 PM »

Ironically noach was required to bring the genders required for reproduction. Quite the opposite of what the rainbow is now used for.

Online Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 44
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #3694 on: October 19, 2023, 11:57:33 PM »
Wow these look disgusting
Check out my site for epic kosher adventures: Kosher Horizons

Online Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 44
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #3695 on: October 19, 2023, 11:57:53 PM »
what did you expect water challah?

Mahbul cake, of course
Check out my site for epic kosher adventures: Kosher Horizons

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 25K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: October 19, 2023, 11:58:24 PM »
Ironically noach was required to bring the genders required for reproduction. Quite the opposite of what the rainbow is now used for.

Or maybe it’s to remind us that despite the actions of the people waving those flags being reminiscent of human behavior before the mabul, Hashem sticks to his covenant and doesn’t destroy the world.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Online yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: October 20, 2023, 08:52:33 AM »
My personal take on this race:

I find it abhorrent that some of the frum media outlets I respect have come out so strongly against Avi Schnall.

Name names and post receipts
Visibly Jewish

Online Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: October 20, 2023, 08:59:43 AM »
I assume hefkervelt because he always sides with FAA who obviously has an ax to grind with AS.

Offline imayid2

• View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: October 20, 2023, 09:28:56 AM »
See back page of The Shopper