Author Topic: Group Flights?  (Read 382 times)

Offline evang

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Group Flights?
« on: January 26, 2024, 10:45:07 AM »
I am trying to understand whether it makes sense to look into a group flight for a youth program activity. There are 12 of us traveling on June 27 to Denver from NYC and returning on July 11. At the moment, 6 of the seats are kids 14 years of age, the rest are older kids and adults, so I believe there is no issue with unaccompanied Minor status, but I know the rules vary by airline. JetBlue, United and Delta have nonstop flights, but they are rather pricey at this point. In addition, every passenger must check 1 bag (this is a high adventure backpacking trek), so I'm looking to understand options given the high cost of tickets.

Thank you and Shabbat Shalom.

Offline yochai

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
Re: Group Flights?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2024, 12:33:03 AM »
I am trying to understand whether it makes sense to look into a group flight for a youth program activity. There are 12 of us traveling on June 27 to Denver from NYC and returning on July 11. At the moment, 6 of the seats are kids 14 years of age, the rest are older kids and adults, so I believe there is no issue with unaccompanied Minor status, but I know the rules vary by airline. JetBlue, United and Delta have nonstop flights, but they are rather pricey at this point. In addition, every passenger must check 1 bag (this is a high adventure backpacking trek), so I'm looking to understand options given the high cost of tickets.

Thank you and Shabbat Shalom.
In my experience with group flights, there’s typically not cheaper than public fares. The main benefit of group bookings is the ability to change names after booking, and the possibility to hold the tickets before payment. If you want to book now so you secure the seats, I’d suggest you book flights that can be cancelled for credit (JetBlue for example), and reprice if the price goes down. Bags would need to be paid for separately either way.