Author Topic: problem with cheap ticket rebooked by Orbitz  (Read 714 times)

Offline hiya5150

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
problem with cheap ticket rebooked by Orbitz
« on: January 06, 2016, 08:37:04 PM »
Hi,

In October, there was a cheap ticket on Dansdeals from Toronto to Israel. The first leg of the trip was from Toronto to Amsterdam on KLM, then Amsterdam to Tel Aviv via El Al. I had a similar situation with my tickets, like the stories mentioned on that threat, and I too was re-booked on Air France, plus they added an extra city. So instead of Toronto-Amsterdam-Tel aviv, I got Toronto-Montreal-Paris-Tel-Aviv. I live in Montreal, which makes is super inconvenient to travel to Toronto, only to fly back to Montreal and then to Paris etc.
Why were some of people successful in getting a Delta flight from Toronto to JFK then Tel Aviv, while I was rebooked on Air France, and a stop was added. I prefer going through NY cuz a) it’s cheaper to fly there b) the food is better I think. I told Orbitz I wanted Delta and they just flat out refused.
My question to you, @Dan, and to other experienced travelers out there:
1)   Is there any recourse I have, other than cancelling the ticket altogether?
2)   What are the chances that they would let me board the flight in Montreal, even though Air France tells me it’s not an option

Offline MeirS

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: problem with cheap ticket rebooked by Orbitz
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 08:41:13 PM »
You should post in the appropriate thread and only after doing some reading to see if your question is already answered but one thing you would have seen of you would've spent a few minutes reading is that if you miss one leg of the flight you will forfeit anything after it.

Offline hiya5150

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 10:39:09 PM »
I did read the whole thread. twice. I didn't notice anything about forfeiting the flight. thanks for clarifying. I also posted my question there, but when there were no comments, I assumed it wouldn't be read since the thread was started in October and the last post was on November 11.

Offline Denverite

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 10:54:48 PM »
Hi,

In October, there was a cheap ticket on Dansdeals from Toronto to Israel. The first leg of the trip was from Toronto to Amsterdam on KLM, then Amsterdam to Tel Aviv via El Al. I had a similar situation with my tickets, like the stories mentioned on that threat, and I too was re-booked on Air France, plus they added an extra city. So instead of Toronto-Amsterdam-Tel aviv, I got Toronto-Montreal-Paris-Tel-Aviv. I live in Montreal, which makes is super inconvenient to travel to Toronto, only to fly back to Montreal and then to Paris etc.
Why were some of people successful in getting a Delta flight from Toronto to JFK then Tel Aviv, while I was rebooked on Air France, and a stop was added. I prefer going through NY cuz a) it’s cheaper to fly there b) the food is better I think. I told Orbitz I wanted Delta and they just flat out refused.
My question to you, @Dan, and to other experienced travelers out there:
1)   Is there any recourse I have, other than cancelling the ticket altogether?
2)   What are the chances that they would let me board the flight in Montreal, even though Air France tells me it’s not an option

You may not want the refund but you should for sure be able to get one since they added an extra leg.  Since flights from Toronto are so cheap right now, why not get the refund and rebook something more convenient?