Author Topic: Skiing 101  (Read 7221 times)

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Re: Skiing 101
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2017, 08:34:46 PM »
Never been to Mountain Creek but camelback is great for beginners lots of bunny hills and plenty of greens there are multiple rental shops off the mountain all in the 20 -25 dollar range.

One piece of advice though, if its your first time going you may want to rent on the mountain because you will probably need things adjusted or exchange sizes etc
How much more are we talking on the mountain? 10-20$ ?
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline am7734

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2017, 09:04:40 PM »
How much more are we talking on the mountain? 10-20$ ?
You can go onto their website.. I think most mountains (or at least hunter does) have a rental +lift ticket +lesson package...
One piece of advice though, if its your first time going you may want to rent on the mountain because you will probably need things adjusted or exchange sizes etc
Excellent point.

Offline grodnoking

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2017, 09:20:43 PM »

You can go onto their website.. I think most mountains (or at least hunter does) have a rental +lift ticket +lesson package...Excellent point.
Careful with the mountain Creek lessons package as I'd doesn't let you use most of the slopes.

I'm not who you think I am.

Offline grodnoking

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2017, 09:25:31 PM »

Going for the 1st time skiing, plan on staying for shabbos near  the poconoes, which mountain would be the best for me to go as a beginner?  Mountain creek, camel back?
I went to mountain Creek when I went skiing for the first time and enjoyed it.
Also any recommendations if there's rentals near these locations which I can pick up a pair of skies and poles? (I heard the rental for the skies are a few $ more at the ski resort, that true?
 Thanks...
It is true, we rented at a place near the mountain which was very helpful with getting the right size, I don't know the name thou. After the first day I went back and had them tighten the ski's to the boot a little because apparently they snapped off every time I tried stopping.
(am I suppose to take lessons, or can one pop on the mountain and learn from scratch and from watching other skiers? 
 How much can a lesson cost? Same as a lift package?

Take lessons.

I'm not who you think I am.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2017, 01:07:47 AM »
I went to mountain Creek when I went skiing for the first time and enjoyed it.It is true, we rented at a place near the mountain which was very helpful with getting the right size, I don't know the name thou. After the first day I went back and had them tighten the ski's to the boot a little because apparently they snapped off every time I tried stopping.Take lessons.
Thanks for the info, Only going for one day as of now friday so won't have much time to to back and forth with adjustments.
 Guess I will play it smart and buy at the resort, (or if I find a shop which will fit it and teach/show me the basics will stick with them.)

Do I have a choice whether I want a private lesson or a group lesson?
 Sounds like both mountains are ok to go to, but camelback being a bit better for starters!? (hope to pick it up Within 30min or so.)
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline Zalc

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2017, 01:13:08 AM »
You may save yourself lots of time if you learn the how to ski before you go, and when you are on the mounting you focus on putting it into practice.

If you want to do that, this YouTube playlist and channel is by far the best ski instruction resource I have used:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOOXcYMYNAJ3yqIHVTFMdjgZ_T91sT7GD

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2017, 01:15:28 AM »
You may save yourself lots of time if you learn the how to ski before you go, and when you are on the mounting you focus on putting it into practice.

If you want to do that, this YouTube playlist and channel is by far the best ski instruction resource I have used:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOOXcYMYNAJ3yqIHVTFMdjgZ_T91sT7GD
Seems good from t beggining of the video very clear, will take a look.
 Thanks a ton for your help all of you guys. #CaringAtDdf.