Author Topic: Reticketing  (Read 705 times)

Offline iderdik

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Reticketing
« on: January 23, 2016, 09:21:40 PM »
I was scheduled to leave tonight on Delta but when my flight was canceled, we were put on a Monday night flight. I asked the Delta agent on the phone to make the return trip later so we'd have more time on vacation. She made the change and transferred me to someone else for "reticketing". The new flights show on the website and I'm still waiting on hold for reticketing. What is reticketing? Do I need to stay on hold if the Delta website shows the new flights?

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Re: Reticketing
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 09:48:00 PM »
I was scheduled to leave tonight on Delta but when my flight was canceled, we were put on a Monday night flight. I asked the Delta agent on the phone to make the return trip later so we'd have more time on vacation. She made the change and transferred me to someone else for "reticketing". The new flights show on the website and I'm still waiting on hold for reticketing. What is reticketing? Do I need to stay on hold if the Delta website shows the new flights?
No need to stay on the phone. You will get an email when the new ticket is issued. You can click on "show receipt" to see if the new flight is there. Once the new flight shows on the receipt you have been reticketed.
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
Re: Reticketing
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 10:00:10 PM »
No need to stay on the phone. You will get an email when the new ticket is issued. You can click on "show receipt" to see if the new flight is there. Once the new flight shows on the receipt you have been reticketed.

Some agents are not ticketing agents and can only put in segments but not reissue. You have to wait for the agent in the reissue dept to pick up and reissue the ticket. Otherwise you're not flying. If you already hung up, call again and when the automatic system asks what you want say "ticket reissue" and have them reissue the tkt.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.