Author Topic: Gourmet Glatt, Lakewood NJ  (Read 43726 times)

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: Gourmet Glatt, Lakewood NJ
« Reply #160 on: February 19, 2016, 12:11:12 PM »
Wow, now I know what they mean that competition is good for the consumer.

I just went to Kosher west, (haven't been in a couple of weeks). I never saw the place so immaculately clean, organized, fully stocked and fully staffed. - Its like a new store!

I just hope they all are able to survive.
Yup. Some new groceries opened up in BP over the last few years & everyone redid their stores.

Offline Jkhein

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 19, 2016, 02:50:08 PM »
Wow, now I know what they mean that competition is good for the consumer.

I just went to Kosher west, (haven't been in a couple of weeks). I never saw the place so immaculately clean, organized, fully stocked and fully staffed. - Its like a new store!

I just hope they all are able to survive.
Yup, shloimys has been empty ever since this opening, I hope he finds away to do something good so he can survive

Online Tuna Baygel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 20, 2016, 08:19:21 PM »
I disagree a store like Shloimys has people who will shop there no matter what..

I am sure that before GG opened you walked in and it was empty

Offline marktrump

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 23, 2016, 11:08:03 AM »
wow was just in gg cool to see this in lkwd!

Offline yzj

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 04, 2016, 03:40:32 PM »
After having been to Gormet Glatt and Seasons several times and looking at the pricing on the vast majority of REGULAR priced items, not the loss leaders it is clear to me that NPGS is significantly cheaper almost across the board with the exception of meat where NPGS can't compete with the  lower priced hechsheirim the others carry, and fresh fish, which the other stores have the better pricing . So for all the talk of the New York stores being cheaper than NPGS, that doesn't seem to be the case. You are getting better quality/service/presentation but that is going to be fully priced in to your shopping bill. Fishsticks that are priced at $9.99 at one store as oppsed to $7.29 at NPGS or aarons salami @ $6.49 as opposed to  under $5 at NPGS or frozen Pizza @ 10.99 vs. 8.99  is more than just a rounding error. the same is largely true with a host of products I have compared. I fully understand why someone would want a better shopping experience and is willing to pay for it but my tentative experience has been that you will indeed pay for it. It is possible that the new stores haven't yet matched their priced to the Lakewood market and they will come more in line with NPGS over time..... I guess time will tell.....
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 03:43:48 PM by yzj »

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 04, 2016, 03:47:18 PM »
On that note, was in npgs on Wed night. Was just as full as regular  (with the less balabatish crowd.)

Offline Eliyohu

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 04, 2016, 03:56:38 PM »
After having been to Gormet Glatt and Seasons several times and looking at the pricing on the vast majority of REGULAR priced items, not the loss leaders it is clear to me that NPGS is significantly cheaper almost across the board with the exception of meat where NPGS can't compete with the  lower priced hechsheirim the others carry, and fresh fish, which the other stores have the better pricing . So for all the talk of the New York stores being cheaper than NPGS, that doesn't seem to be the case. You are getting better quality/service/presentation but that is going to be fully priced in to your shopping bill. Fishsticks that are priced at $9.99 at one store as oppsed to $7.29 at NPGS or aarons salami @ $6.49 as opposed to  under $5 at NPGS or frozen Pizza @ 10.99 vs. 8.99  is more than just a rounding error. the same is largely true with a host of products I have compared. I fully understand why someone would want a better shopping experience and is willing to pay for it but my tentative experience has been that you will indeed pay for it. It is possible that the new stores haven't yet matched their priced to the Lakewood market and they will come more in line with NPGS over time..... I guess time will tell.....
Im not a maven in NY pricing but from what I've heard (seasons and) GG prices here are more expensive then in NY due to competition ex. GG in boro park has to somewhat compare to krm (which btw is way cheaper than NPGS ...no excuse why not).

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 04, 2016, 04:17:49 PM »

Sorry for being skeptical but this reads like an advertisement. (Seriously you walked into seasons several times already? Unless your just checking out the competition...)
IME the good prices in NPGS always have a catch...like expired Coke for a buck.
Visibly Jewish

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 04, 2016, 04:39:43 PM »
How about paper goods ?

Offline yzj

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 05, 2016, 08:13:16 PM »
Sorry for being skeptical but this reads like an advertisement. (Seriously you walked into seasons several times already? Unless your just checking out the competition...)
IME the good prices in NPGS always have a catch...like expired Coke for a buck.

I live next door to Seasons so went there for the loss leaders and again for the general shopping, once more on Friday to pick up a last minute item. I agree with you about the specials in NPGS but I'm reffering to the regular products. I happen to love that three people wait on you in seasons- one who actually unlods your cart onto the checkout counter, another to scan, and a third to load the bags into your wagon. Its a great feeling just dojt know if I'm willing to pay more for it.....

Offline CS1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • California Gourmet Premium Chocolate
  • Programs: DDSLA, DDSCLE, Bonvoy Titanium Feb 2025
« Reply #170 on: March 05, 2016, 08:50:21 PM »
I live next door to Seasons so went there for the loss leaders and again for the general shopping, once more on Friday to pick up a last minute item. I agree with you about the specials in NPGS but I'm reffering to the regular products. I happen to love that three people wait on you in seasons- one who actually unlods your cart onto the checkout counter, another to scan, and a third to load the bags into your wagon. Its a great feeling just dojt know if I'm willing to pay more for it.....

it's also worth it if you live next door. Save travel time to and from store.
California Gourmet Belgian Nut-Free Chocolate Chips https://bit.ly/CaliforniaGourmetDirect

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 05, 2016, 11:09:15 PM »
it's also worth it if you live next door. Save travel time to and from store.
It's worth it for anyone who doesn't want to go thru Lakewood to get to a store because it's a PITA to drive. So they have the whole east of Lakewood.
I'm not who you think I am.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #172 on: March 06, 2016, 12:23:29 AM »
It's worth it for anyone who doesn't want to go thru Lakewood to get to a store because it's a PITA to drive. So they have the whole east of Lakewood.
for anyone who lives north of the lake it is a bigger pain to get to seasons than gg
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline CS1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • California Gourmet Premium Chocolate
  • Programs: DDSLA, DDSCLE, Bonvoy Titanium Feb 2025
« Reply #173 on: March 06, 2016, 12:25:16 AM »
for anyone who lives north of the lake it is a bigger pain to get to seasons than gg

perhaps, however if someone needs to be east anyway for another reason, then Seasons may be a good stop on the way back.
California Gourmet Belgian Nut-Free Chocolate Chips https://bit.ly/CaliforniaGourmetDirect

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #174 on: March 06, 2016, 12:28:03 AM »
perhaps, however if someone needs to be east anyway for another reason, then Seasons may be a good stop on the way back.
I assume you mean southeast. Any grocery is convenient for those who happen to be in the area for some random reason.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline yudamaan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 10, 2016, 12:38:53 AM »
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 12:42:35 AM by yudamaan »

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 11, 2016, 11:42:24 AM »
And now seasons has valet!

Get those organic rasperries!

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile

Offline Eliyohu

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 07, 2016, 11:15:59 PM »

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 24, 2016, 05:57:00 PM »
Lemaaseh GG is successful beyond anyone's wildest imaginations.