Author Topic: HELP ELAL DENIES BOARDING FOR NO REASON  (Read 30918 times)

Offline joeb1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, CPA, Travel Agent
Re: HELP ELAL DENIES BOARDING FOR NO REASON
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2016, 08:11:06 PM »
Pax should sit down in F and refuse to get up...

The LY agent needs to be fired, anything else is completely unacceptable. It makes no difference how good he normally is, the pax is a regular, paying, revenue FIRST CLASS PASSENGER and this guy should be fired for even offending him, never mind downgrading him to economy

Speaking as somebody who has personally bought and flown full F LY tickets, I will think twice about it next time and especially out of JFK.

+1million

Offline creditor

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2016, 08:43:59 PM »
[quote author=ilherman link=topic=60242.msg1393872#msg1393872

People who know Ronnei say that he probably had a buddy who he wanted to upgrade to first class, so he did all this... Don't know.
[/quote]Exactly what I thought
I'm just say'in©®

Offline damaxer91

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2016, 08:49:41 PM »
Everyone here loves to put down El Al but when they need the rules bent a bit or have to get someone on an overbooked flight for a Levaya etc. they know that they can count on them. It goes both ways.....

Offline mgarfin

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2016, 09:09:12 PM »
Does the new Israeli law (tibi) give him rights in this case?

Offline mawmaw

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2016, 09:15:05 PM »
Everyone here loves to put down El Al but when they need the rules bent a bit or have to get someone on an overbooked flight for a Levaya etc. they know that they can count on them. It goes both ways.....
and pay $2500 :P

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2016, 09:25:10 PM »
To me he said that it was his decision and then he change his mind.

And if you wanna get the real picture, read below.

There was a passenger who got to the airport with the same exact story and he wanted to give him issues but when that TA who happens to be friends with Ronnei called him up he right away let him on!!! So typical El Al, not sure how they are still around as an airline.

People who know Ronnei say that he probably had a buddy who he wanted to upgrade to first class, so he did all this... Don't know.
Pulling back from this part since I can not verify the exact details.

Here is another cute LY story. Remember we had a snow storm? Remember dansdeals posted that just about every airline had waivers in place which waived change fee and fare differences at least for flights booked in the next few dates? Remember that El Al was not on that list?

Okay, so a friend of mine was booked on the Motzei Shabbos flight on a X class (mileage ticket) his flight was canceled and he called El Al to rebook him for Sunday and the agent just tells him, "there is no mileage availability we will not give you a seat on a plane which does not have mileage availability"  :o

After 6 hours on the phone back and forth he finally managed to convince him to just exchange the ticket.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2016, 10:19:44 PM »
Last time I took LY was 16 years ago to my father's levaya. The attitude I experienced earned ELAL a personal ban since then.

There's something in the DNA that is the opposite of a true service culture. I don't have high demands, but a little מענטשליכקייט would go a long way. I've taken many trips since then, including paid J, but LY hasn't been an option to consider.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2016, 02:51:37 AM »
Can I even file a DOT claim against El Al since it was a UA ticket and UA protected me on their own metal the same night? Or I can still file against El Al for denied boarding?

Offline shimino1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2016, 05:10:04 AM »
If you had a boarding pass and were denied boarding, why not?
If I'm mugged by a guy and my insurance covers it, can I still file a police report against the mugger?

Offline kangarruu

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2016, 06:48:09 AM »
Can I even file a DOT claim against El Al since it was a UA ticket and UA protected me on their own metal the same night? Or I can still file against El Al for denied boarding?

File with DOT. Let them decide whether the complaint is valid.

Offline mgarfin

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2016, 08:25:59 AM »

What's with israeli law, there was a dedicated law firm referred elsewhere on the forum's

Offline mgarfin

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2016, 08:28:34 AM »

Did it involve transferring from JFK to EWR, dose that add to the case?

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2016, 10:05:14 AM »
What's with israeli law, there was a dedicated law firm referred elsewhere on the forum's
I contacted them. They only deal with cases that involve 10+ people.
Did it involve transferring from JFK to EWR, dose that add to the case?
I would file for this cost as well.

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2016, 10:00:05 PM »
Okay, so I thought that this was over, boy was I wrong. It is just starting now.

So this is what I received from someone saying what Ronnei told him.

Hi I just spoke to ronnie, He has a copy of the ticket. UA did not revalidate the ticket in F class, he was on the phone with nyc city office and it was confrimed by them that it was not revlated in F class

Come again Ronnei; You think I am the same idiot as you are? I guess you don't know what every DDFer knows and it's Alef Beis that the way to know whether or not a ticket is good is to see if you can check in and get a boarding pass. I WAS ABLE TO PRINT A BOARDING PASS. On ElAl.com it came up the reservation with the ticket # in F. And moreover, what kind of BS is he trying to sell? It wasn't even a ticket re-validation, it was a ticket REISSUE. There was a whole brand new ticket which was visible to UA and to LY. Remember what the teacher in class used to say. When there are 4 different answers for the same question then you're clearly hiding something. This is already the fifth excuse they are giving. First they said that since UA does not have first class it's not possible for them to rebook on LY F  ::) then they just went on in saying that the passenger was never ticketed in business class in the first place and then they went back again that they were and the F class was there but UA didn't revalidate the ticket when in fact there was a full new ticket. And luckily I ahve screenshots from everything. Just mind boggling how someone could be such a moron.

I wonder, is this what every other airline would do? Just fight and fight without having ANY defence just not to have to say IM SORRY, I MADE A MISTAKE? Or is it just ElAl?

And Ronnei, you are welcome to see the attached screenshots from the Boarding Pass and from the confirmed reservation on YOUR (broken) 1996 website.

So sad.  :-X

Offline Hershelsdeals

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2016, 10:03:27 PM »
Okay, so I thought that this was over, boy was I wrong. It is just starting now.

So this is what I received from someone saying what Ronnei told him.

Come again Ronnei; You think I am the same idiot as you are? I guess you don't know what every DDFer knows and it's Alef Beis that the way to know whether or not a ticket is good is to see if you can check in and get a boarding pass. I WAS ABLE TO PRINT A BOARDING PASS. On ElAl.com it came up the reservation with the ticket # in F. And moreover, what kind of BS is he trying to sell? It wasn't even a ticket re-validation, it was a ticket REISSUE. There was a whole brand new ticket which was visible to UA and to LY. Remember what the teacher in class used to say. When there are 4 different answers for the same question then you're clearly hiding something. This is already the fifth excuse they are giving. First they said that since UA does not have first class it's not possible for them to rebook on LY F  ::) then they just went on in saying that the passenger was never ticketed in business class in the first place and then they went back again that they were and the F class was there but UA didn't revalidate the ticket when in fact there was a full new ticket. And luckily I ahve screenshots from everything. Just mind boggling how someone could be such a moron.

I wonder, is this what every other airline would do? Just fight and fight without having ANY defence just not to have to say IM SORRY, I MADE A MISTAKE? Or is it just ElAl?

And Ronnei, you are welcome to see the attached screenshots from the Boarding Pass and from the confirmed reservation on YOUR (broken) 1996 website.

So sad.  :-X

Offline cooljoe613

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Avis presidents Club, National Executive club,hyatt diamond
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2016, 01:49:55 AM »
 Are you busy with this all day instead o enjoying your trip? I feel for you however please enjoy your trip? Unless you where returning home?  8)

I only had great experience on elal love the service on board!

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2016, 04:05:26 AM »
Are you busy with this all day instead o enjoying your trip? I feel for you however please enjoy your trip? Unless you where returning home?  8)

I only had great experience on elal love the service on board!
It's not his ticket

Online chff

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2016, 07:21:57 AM »

Here is another cute LY story. Remember we had a snow storm? Remember dansdeals posted that just about every airline had waivers in place which waived change fee and fare differences at least for flights booked in the next few dates? Remember that El Al was not on that list?

The Lufthansa group wasn't on that list either

Not sure exactly what happened from both ends, but let me make a few points;

I had a pax in UA I class to LHR and UA canceled the flight. They only offered to rebook him in Y, as "BA" will reject if they rebook him on their metal because it was originally an award reservation.

I once had UA revalidate a ticket which caused the OAL to cancel the space. UA only offered then to rebook him on their metal which the timing's wasn't acceptable and the pax when then forced to pay again the change fee

Printing a boarding pass doesn't always mean ok to Travel. I once had a story were a boarding pass was printed but they were denied boarding as they had skipped a segment a few "days" prior but the website still allowed a BP to be printed

Offline Myccrabbi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2016, 08:22:25 AM »

Not sure exactly what happened from both ends, but let me make a few points;

I had a pax in UA I class to LHR and UA canceled the flight. They only offered to rebook him in Y, as "BA" will reject if they rebook him on their metal because it was originally an award reservation.

I once had UA revalidate a ticket which caused the OAL to cancel the space. UA only offered then to rebook him on their metal which the timing's wasn't acceptable and the pax when then forced to pay again the change fee

Printing a boarding pass doesn't always mean ok to Travel. I once had a story were a boarding pass was printed but they were denied boarding as they had skipped a segment a few "days" prior but the website still allowed a BP to be printed

This definitely sheds some light to the story.

Also, denied cabin is not denied boarding.

And finally, I don't belive that he acted on personal feelings, the fact that he sounded irritated is no different then (some of) AA reps that they get very impatient if they can't hang up after a minute etc...
I assume he acted upon the system prompted him to do so...
If u work for a living, why kill urself working?

Offline benjie1305

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2016, 09:21:02 AM »

Also, denied cabin is not denied boarding.

Not sure if that actually matters. A quick google search for IDB comes up with If you have been denied a reserved seat on (name of air carrier), you are probably entitled to monetary compensation.

While I obviously don't know all ramifications of this, it does sound like not being able to access the seat that is reserved for you - in this case a seat in F - it would still be considered IDB. CMIIW.
Work hard, Play harder!