Author Topic: HELP ELAL DENIES BOARDING FOR NO REASON  (Read 30662 times)

Offline Myccrabbi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Re: HELP ELAL DENIES BOARDING FOR NO REASON
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2016, 09:24:15 AM »
Not sure if that actually matters. A quick google search for IDB comes up with If you have been denied a reserved seat on (name of air carrier), you are probably entitled to monetary compensation.

While I obviously don't know all ramifications of this, it does sound like not being able to access the seat that is reserved for you - in this case a seat in F - it would still be considered IDB. CMIIW.
Well,  even Ronnie said he has a seat reserved,  but only in Y that imho is not considered IDB
If u work for a living, why kill urself working?

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2016, 10:58:08 AM »

Also, denied cabin is not denied boarding.

Of course it is.
Well,  even Ronnie said he has a seat reserved,  but only in Y that imho is not considered IDB
Whoa.

I guess since Ronnei said so it is irrelevant what the actual facts were and what it showed on the BP and on elal.com  ::)
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline ar

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2016, 11:05:44 AM »
I wonder what's the real story here. Ronnie's a nice guy but what he did now is pretty bad..

Offline Myccrabbi

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2016, 11:09:26 AM »
Of course it is.Whoa.

I guess since Ronnei said so it is irrelevant what the actual facts were and what it showed on the BP and on elal.com  ::)

@ilherman I'm sorry that you had a hard time.
But we can get the facts straight?
Was the ua ticket I class or not?

Also @chff said before that BP is not a geruntee so that dosent prove anything concrete. And i really don't think the issue is specifically with Ronnie,(not that I know him or anything) but either way tell us what actually happened.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2016, 11:13:12 AM »
PM the LY rep on FT?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2016, 11:13:19 AM »

I had a pax in UA I class to LHR and UA canceled the flight. They only offered to rebook him in Y, as "BA" will reject if they rebook him on their metal because it was originally an award reservation.

Well, this, IMHO is complete BS. Its not as BA doing a favor for UA, it's UA actually paying for BA for selling them a ticket and UA pays whatever they take from BA, NOT what the original UA ticket was. In fact I my self had a UA mileage ticket in business class and they rebooked me on BA F! Since J was sold out and everything was perfectly fine.

The Lufthansa group wasn't on that list either

But they DID allow free changes  ::)

Printing a boarding pass doesn't always mean ok to Travel. I once had a story were a boarding pass was printed but they were denied boarding as they had skipped a segment a few "days" prior but the website still allowed a BP to be printed
Well, you know what the case there was, the pax had a BP and was good to go but when the airline realized that he skipped a segament they just suspended the ticket. That is a valid reason.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2016, 11:14:29 AM »
I once had UA endorse my ticket to CO, but they didn't do it right so I had to go back to UA.
Never heard of having a boarding pass and ticket number that had issues though.

I'd definitely write to LY and the DoT.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2016, 11:16:29 AM »
@ilherman I'm sorry that you had a hard time.
But we can get the facts straight?
Was the ua ticket I class or not?

Also @chff said before that BP is not a geruntee so that dosent prove anything concrete. And i really don't think the issue is specifically with Ronnie,(not that I know him or anything) but either way tell us what actually happened.
I said exactly what happened. Yes it was a mileage ticket. Which makes no difference.

Also @chff said before that BP is not a geruntee so that dosent prove anything concrete.

It does. See my reply to @chff. It proves what it needs to prove, LY wants to say now that it was not ticketed in F the reservation online and the BP show that it WAS.

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2016, 11:20:37 AM »
PM the LY rep on FT?
Did not know that LY had a FT rep. Either way I'll have to create a new FT username first  ;) ;)
I once had UA endorse my ticket to CO, but they didn't do it right so I had to go back to UA.
Never heard of having a boarding pass and ticket number that had issues though.

I'd definitely write to LY and the DoT.
Yup that happens. That is why I never accept the endorsing / re-validation crap. I always make sure I have a new ticket number and that it is visible to both, the ticketing and the operating carrier.

Will have to make time to write up the the DOT.

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2016, 11:21:36 AM »
I wonder what's the real story here.
Well, by now several member in this thread have seen it in documentation.

Offline Myccrabbi

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2016, 11:29:54 AM »

I said exactly what happened. Yes it was a mileage ticket. Which makes no difference.It does. See my reply to @chff. It proves what it needs to prove, LY wants to say now that it was not ticketed in F the reservation online and the BP show that it WAS.
Ok, so you are saying it's a mileage ticket,( because when previous people posted about how they would be mad if that happened to them with revenue revenue tickets you didn't say that you were different ) so now that we know that, plus chff expiriance with ua "officially" not rebooking I class to J only to Y so it's understandable to what has happend and perhaps it was a mistake on united end or clueless rep or whatever...

The point is that yes Ronnie might be a shmuk, but the facts of the story at least makes a person understand that it's not like you paid j and was not rebooked on j like you made it sound in the beginning, that's all.

Offline MeirS

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2016, 11:31:06 AM »
I once had a ticket from UA where the first leg was on UA and the second leg was on US. Because I changed the ticket twice, apparently UA didn't update US correctly and even though UA issued me BPes for both flights, when I got to the gate for my second flight they denied me boarding and sent me back to the main desk airside to "find" my ticket.
In the end, 10 minutes before departure they figured it out and sent me to the gate while she fixed it on her computer so I shouldn't miss the flight.

Offline Myccrabbi

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2016, 11:34:56 AM »

Well, this, IMHO is complete BS. Its not as BA doing a favor for UA, it's UA actually paying for BA for selling them a ticket and UA pays whatever they take from BA, NOT what the original UA ticket was. In fact I my self had a UA mileage ticket in business class and they rebooked me on BA F! Since J was sold out and everything was perfectly fine.But they DID allow free changes  ::)Well, you know what the case there was, the pax had a BP and was good to go but when the airline realized that he skipped a segament they just suspended the ticket. That is a valid reason.

If you claim that you had an expiriance were they rebooked you on f with ba then perhaps it is bs, I don't know.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2016, 11:39:39 AM »
Ok, so you are saying it's a mileage ticket,( because when previous people posted about how they would be mad if that happened to them with revenue revenue tickets you didn't say that you were different ) so now that we know that, plus chff expiriance with ua "officially" not rebooking I class to J only to Y so it's understandable to what has happend and perhaps it was a mistake on united end or clueless rep or whatever...
That's nonsense.
Officially no airlines will rebook business awards on another airline revenue, but if you push hard enough they will. Took many many reps, but I got AA to move us to UA in an irrops situation like that and UA had no issues taking AAs money.
Why would they??

Offline Myccrabbi

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2016, 11:45:36 AM »
That's nonsense.
Officially no airlines will rebook business awards on another airline revenue, but if you push hard enough they will. Took many many reps, but I got AA to move us to UA in an irrops situation like that and UA had no issues taking AAs money.
Why would they??
I agree to the fact of why should they care, but what you are saying is only confirming that officially this is the right thing to do.
meaning apperntly pushing from one side is not enough, it has to also not sustain opposition from the other end.

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2016, 11:49:27 AM »
I once had a ticket from UA where the first leg was on UA and the second leg was on US. Because I changed the ticket twice, apparently UA didn't update US correctly and even though UA issued me BPes for both flights, when I got to the gate for my second flight they denied me boarding and sent me back to the main desk airside to "find" my ticket.
In the end, 10 minutes before departure they figured it out and sent me to the gate while she fixed it on her computer so I shouldn't miss the flight.
UA issued you a BP for the US flight?

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2016, 11:55:11 AM »

The point is that yes Ronnie might be a shmuk, but the facts of the story at least makes a person understand that it's not like you paid j and was not rebooked on j like you made it sound in the beginning, that's all.
Ronnei, may or may not be a shmuk, but you definitely are ;)

You making it sound like I was hiding the main details of the story and NOW everything makes sense is idiocy. As mentioned above there is no OFFICIAL policy on the United website, its where it up to you how good you are in convincing the rep to reprotect you on a different carrier in a revenue class, but once you get the agent to do it AND the ticket IS visible to the other carrier, it is NOT a matter if the other carrier wants to accept it or not. They could decide before it's ticketed of they want to give the space or not but once its ticketed you are a regular revenue paying pax.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2016, 11:57:22 AM »
No idea what you're talking about. Just because an airline doesn't normally buy a rev J ticket on another airline when you're booked with miles doesn't mean they can't. That has nothing to do with the other airline, they get paid the same thing whether you originally paid for J or used an award.

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2016, 12:02:34 PM »
No idea what you're talking about. Just because an airline doesn't normally buy a rev J ticket on another airline when you're booked with miles doesn't mean they can't. That has nothing to do with the other airline, they get paid the same thing whether you originally paid for J or used an award.
+1000

People just don't understand how all these things work so it does not surprise me that Ronnei does not know either and he makes his own decisions based on that, when in fact as AJK mentioned above this is something that people way above his rank deal with.

Offline Myccrabbi

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2016, 12:10:54 PM »
Ronnei, may or may not be a shmuk, but you definitely are ;)

You making it sound like I was hiding the main details of the story and NOW everything makes sense is idiocy. As mentioned above there is no OFFICIAL policy on the United website, its where it up to you how good you are in convincing the rep to reprotect you on a different carrier in a revenue class, but once you get the agent to do it AND the ticket IS visible to the other carrier, it is NOT a matter if the other carrier wants to accept it or not. They could decide before it's ticketed of they want to give the space or not but once its ticketed you are a regular revenue paying pax.
Thanks for the feed back

I wasnt trying to call you out.

I just think it's interesting how when I first read this thread with caps and all I thought that it's ridiculous that they "denied bording" but now it's not SO ridiculous, you should have a good life.