Author Topic: Rechnitz's Lakewood Speech  (Read 81123 times)

Offline ya

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Rechnitz's Lakewood Speech
« Reply #240 on: January 28, 2016, 11:54:21 AM »
"As I have clearly gotten too emotionally involved, I don’t think I’m the person to deal with the schooling issue. I have therefore decided to remove myself from this Parsha. In terms of financial support, I will continue to support this beautiful Makom Torah, and hopefully with Hashem’s help, and your Tefillos, I’ll be able to increase my support"

I hope he reconsiders, what does a bad speech have to do with not using his immense power to make sure there are no more children crying themselves to sleep?

he should stop giving money to lkwd as well. All these shnooks laughing at SYR "who does he think he is" etc. Lets see if you would  be in his shoes if you would even give and do close to what he gives/does

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 28, 2016, 11:55:42 AM »
So now he says he only meant the minority. Ok.

Offline meme

• View Profile
Rechnitz's Lakewood Speech
« Reply #242 on: January 28, 2016, 11:56:03 AM »
He clearly said its not a working vs learning issue
You must listen again. He said he's not getting involved in that debate if u should work or learn, but on that note he was suggesting that ppl that decide to learn developed an elitist attitude to working folks, hence the school problem. Which again as everyone here noted, the problem is for learning ppl too who have no clout, which proves again that SYR was simply misinformed  at best

" but if you don’t want your child in a class that has children who’s fathers work to provide Parnasah for their family, then you are an elitist! The working father can be ehrlich, Kovea Ittim, have all the right Hashkofos, but that’s not good enough for you, because you consider yourself on a much higher Madreigah."

Apparently I understood him correctly

Offline luckyluck

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 28, 2016, 11:56:47 AM »
How about you give us a real life example so we should understand what you are talking about.

How about not rejecting a kid just because his father is working?

Offline ya

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 28, 2016, 11:57:46 AM »
My father, a respected and accomplished musmach of Reb Shneur Kotler and a longtime acquaintance of the roshei yehsiva, was told directly by Rav Malkiel and the Mashgiach that they had no say. A board member from one school told me that other board members threatened to resign if they accepted my niece. Its was the day before school began and she had nowhere to go. We spoke to other principals in the neighborhood directly, all of whom adamantly refused because the 4 year-old was “not the right fit”.

This is exactly the issue lkwd has.

Offline ya

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 28, 2016, 11:59:26 AM »
My father, a respected and accomplished musmach of Reb Shneur Kotler and a longtime acquaintance of the roshei yehsiva, was told directly by Rav Malkiel and the Mashgiach that they had no say. A board member from one school told me that other board members threatened to resign if they accepted my niece. Its was the day before school began and she had nowhere to go. We spoke to other principals in the neighborhood directly, all of whom adamantly refused because the 4 year-old was “not the right fit”.

This is exactly the issue lkwd has.
and im not sure why a school would want a board member like that. Every parent should threaten to pull out if he does NOT resign.

Offline Baruch

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 28, 2016, 12:16:06 PM »
How about not rejecting a kid just because his father is working?
Why is that father trying to get into that school? Because they reject 95% of applicants! So both parties are Baalei Ga'avah!

There are schools that have thousands of applicants, and very little space, why shouldn't they accept who they want to?

There are many schools that are great schools, that don't have the "chasuv" name that they can get into.

As for a child from a divorced home not getting into a school - that is a true churban!

Offline luckyluck

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 28, 2016, 12:18:29 PM »
Why is that father trying to get into that school? Because they reject 95% of applicants! So both parties are Baalei Ga'avah!

There are schools that have thousands of applicants, and very little space, why shouldn't they accept who they want to?

There are many schools that are great schools, that don't have the "chasuv" name that they can get into.

I was careful to say "just because his father is working", and not because there is no space. Yes it does happen

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 28, 2016, 12:19:21 PM »
So now he says he only meant the minority. Ok.
He should have admitted that he meant everybody, and now he's changing his view that it's only a minority.

He said "I and other people feel like we're being judged by a sanhedrin of 50,000 people in Lakewood".
That's not referring to a "miuta shebimiuta"

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 28, 2016, 12:20:27 PM »
I was careful to say "just because his father is working", and not because there is no space. Yes it does happen
If someone is working and he's an ehrliche yid and his wife's knees are covered - he'll get into a school.

Offline skyguy918

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 28, 2016, 12:21:07 PM »
As for a child from a divorced home not getting into a school - that is a true churban!
Here's what I don't get. There are schools with working fathers, right? Those schools rejected a girl because her parents are divorced? The school with the Lacoste father (see upthread if that confuses you) rejected a girl because her parents are divorced?

Offline yochiek93

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 28, 2016, 12:22:08 PM »
If someone is working and he's an ehrliche yid and his wife's knees are covered - he'll get into a school.
I know two cases personally not like that and one family the administration said pay 10k a year and then we will accept because you work

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #252 on: January 28, 2016, 12:24:09 PM »

As I have clearly gotten too emotionally involved, I don’t think I’m the person to deal with the schooling issue. I have therefore decided to remove myself from this Parsha. In terms of financial support, I will continue to support this beautiful Makom Torah, and hopefully with Hashem’s help, and your Tefillos, I’ll be able to increase my support.

As the Seforim Hakdoshim write: We’ll never know who is supporting who.
Advertise On TLS »

Ha’Aron Nosei Es Noisov. (Yalkut Shimoni)

B’Chavod Rav,

Shlomo Yehuda
- See more at: http://www.thelakewoodscoop.com/news/2016/01/clarification-letter-from-r-shlomo-yehuda-rechnitz.html#sthash.TxSqdCiA.dpuf
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline luckyluck

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 28, 2016, 12:28:21 PM »
He should have admitted that he meant everybody, and now he's changing his view that it's only a minority.

He said "I and other people feel like we're being judged by a sanhedrin of 50,000 people in Lakewood".
That's not referring to a "miuta shebimiuta"

He said "feel like" and he said the miuta demiuta is running the show.

Offline luckyluck

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 28, 2016, 12:29:15 PM »
I know two cases personally not like that and one family the administration said pay 10k a year and then we will accept because you work

+1

People just don't want to believe it

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
« Reply #255 on: January 28, 2016, 12:32:44 PM »
+1

People just don't want to believe it
If only this was recorded

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 28, 2016, 12:40:23 PM »
I said he'll get into a school. Maybe not his choice of school. But the funny thing is, the reason why it's his choice of school is because the admin is selective.

Offline luckyluck

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 28, 2016, 12:41:51 PM »
Here's what I don't get. There are schools with working fathers, right? Those schools rejected a girl because her parents are divorced? The school with the Lacoste father (see upthread if that confuses you) rejected a girl because her parents are divorced?

Because the principal believes divorced parents = unstable daughter = trouble in class = unhappy parents.

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 28, 2016, 12:42:53 PM »
He said "feel like" and he said the miuta demiuta is running the show.
Watch the video he was talking about everybody. He now realizes that he made a fool out of himself making immature generalizations.

I personally respect him immensley for owning up so fast. He never stops impressing me, he's a very well meaning individual. He made one (massive) mistake.

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 28, 2016, 12:43:15 PM »
I said he'll get into a school. Maybe not his choice of school. But the funny thing is, the reason why it's his choice of school is because the admin is selective.
Really? I never understood that he will get into "a" school maybe he doesn't want the school that allows Internet... He is a normal frum person who went to work after a few years he deserves better