Author Topic: Rechnitz's Lakewood Speech  (Read 80905 times)

Offline Dawie

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Rechnitz's Lakewood Speech
« Reply #100 on: January 27, 2016, 06:21:55 PM »
Talk is nothing. He didn't mention the main issues of a) parents being too selective and b) lack of slots.
the former he mentioned by talking about the elites and the latter he;s trying to deal with by giving the schools money to open more slots (build more classrooms)

Offline meme

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 27, 2016, 06:55:13 PM »
And this is what someone wrote to TLS:

I was extremely disappointed to see that you pulled the response letter to Rechnitz's speech.

All of the sudden we are concerned about Lashon Hora?
What about posting and promoting the speech itself which went viral and found it's prominent place on every Jewish and not so Jewish site and forum, yielding countless hateful and derogatory comments about our wonderful community?
Where was the concern for causing untold amounts of Loshon Hora and Bizui Talmidei Chachomim then, all initiated by TLS posting and covering this speech?

While the floodgates of contempt and hatred have already been opened and the clock cannot be turned back, the least you can do is give the thousands of hurt and enraged yungeleit of our town a platform to save face and present the other side of the story, the true tale of our chashuva community, not the tale of some well-meaning, yet uninformed tycoon who swooped down from hundreds of miles away...

At the very least, let the world hear both sides of the argument, and let every person be their own judge and draw their own conclusions...

To freeze the topic at this point without presenting a very different perspective- in the name of good
speech when the haters out there are gleefully rubbing their hands as the City of Torah buries her head in shame is like walking by a Sefer Torah lying on the floor in disgrace c"v! Let us not be guilty of such a grave sin, and let the wounded voice of Torah be heard in her own defense...
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 06:58:26 PM by meme »

Offline yr

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2016, 07:26:35 PM »
I heard Reb SYR is going to print an apology In all the papers next week.

Source?

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2016, 07:34:33 PM »
Does anyone know if the phone lines are down in LA? I just tried calling Rechnitz's office 3 times to offer him advice on how to run his business, and all 3 times the line just clicked off. Strange.

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2016, 07:36:29 PM »
Does anyone know if the phone lines are down in LA? I just tried calling Rechnitz's office 3 times to offer him advice on how to run his business, and all 3 times the line just clicked off. Strange.
I don't know if I agree with his speech, but that's an unintelligent point to try making, IMO.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline yr

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2016, 07:37:49 PM »

Lol.

But the difference is TwinMed LLC and Brius Healthcare Services seem to operating just fine. The Lakewood school system on the other hand.....

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2016, 07:53:21 PM »
He has beds available so if you have Medicare Im positive he'd accept you in one of his 80+ homes.
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline snagger

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2016, 08:07:19 PM »
And this is what someone wrote to TLS:

I was extremely disappointed to see that you pulled the response letter to Rechnitz's speech.

All of the sudden we are concerned about Lashon Hora?
What about posting and promoting the speech itself which went viral and found it's prominent place on every Jewish and not so Jewish site and forum, yielding countless hateful and derogatory comments about our wonderful community?
Where was the concern for causing untold amounts of Loshon Hora and Bizui Talmidei Chachomim then, all initiated by TLS posting and covering this speech?

While the floodgates of contempt and hatred have already been opened and the clock cannot be turned back, the least you can do is give the thousands of hurt and enraged yungeleit of our town a platform to save face and present the other side of the story, the true tale of our chashuva community, not the tale of some well-meaning, yet uninformed tycoon who swooped down from hundreds of miles away...

At the very least, let the world hear both sides of the argument, and let every person be their own judge and draw their own conclusions...

To freeze the topic at this point without presenting a very different perspective- in the name of good
speech when the haters out there are gleefully rubbing their hands as the City of Torah buries her head in shame is like walking by a Sefer Torah lying on the floor in disgrace c"v! Let us not be guilty of such a grave sin, and let the wounded voice of Torah be heard in her own defense...
and where did you see this?

Offline David Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2016, 08:14:10 PM »
Lol.

But the difference is TwinMed LLC and Brius Healthcare Services seem to operating just fine. The Lakewood school system on the other hand.....
Wrong. The difference is that his businesses are none of your business, and he's entitled to screw it up royally and lose all his money if he so desires. Our children are the collective communities and klal yisroel's business, and the schools and community are not entitled to screw them up and lose them. Their welfare and fate is our business.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline meme

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2016, 08:21:22 PM »

and where did you see this?
Let's just say I know person who wrote it

Offline ya

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2016, 09:17:04 PM »
Is why the demand for an open door policy is ridiculous.

Lakewood is a mixed town. - It ranges from very modern to ultra spiritual.

Why can't the yeshiva families who choose not to live in flatbush/ 5 towns because they wanted to focus more on the spirituality, be allowed to be mechanech their children in which ever way they want? Without being forced to bring up their kids in "a big city".
I know an ultra extremely yeshvish (by anyone's standards) rebbe had a hard time getting his boy into a school. Yes he did ultimately get in but took months of phones calls etc.

Offline David Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2016, 09:19:47 PM »
I know an ultra extremely yeshvish (by anyone's standards) rebbe had a hard time getting his boy into a school. Yes he did ultimately get in but took months of phones calls etc.
He couldn't get his kid into any yeshiva, or the brand name place the rest of the rebbeim where he taught said they didn't have room, and he kept pushing there instead of going to one of the newer places?
JTZ

Offline ya

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 27, 2016, 09:22:06 PM »
The content was mostly wrong - we can discuss and aurgue about it...

But it is definitely wrong to just get up their and attack an entire community even if he's was right about the contents, k"s if he was wrong.
How else would u do it?  Behind closed doors?  Been tried for 15yrs. Not working.  This is about Ppl having hugh egos.  You need to bash the hugh egos in public. He should have named Ppl outright.

Offline ya

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 27, 2016, 09:25:35 PM »
He couldn't get his kid into any yeshiva, or the brand name place the rest of the rebbeim where he taught said they didn't have room, and he kept pushing there instead of going to one of the newer places?
I hear what ur saying. I don't know.  But if I was lived. In lkwd I wouldn't want to send my kids to a school with a bunch of families that have tvs . Or goto Florida every 2 sec. Or drive cool cars etc.

Offline ya

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 27, 2016, 09:27:33 PM »
Agreed that one shouldn't  normally go into a community event and bash a community your not part of, but he was invited to speak. I find it hard to believe that the organizers of the event had no clue what he was planning on saying.

Admittedly, that wouldn't explain everything though.
Just because he doesn't live ther doesn't mean he is not part of it. 

Offline meme

• View Profile
Rechnitz's Lakewood Speech
« Reply #115 on: January 27, 2016, 09:27:42 PM »
Or goto Florida every 2 sec. Or drive cool cars etc.
I love Florida and I think cool cars are kinda cool :)

Offline David Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 27, 2016, 09:28:24 PM »
I hear what ur saying. I don't know.  But if I was lived. In lkwd I wouldn't want to send my kids to a school with a bunch of families that have tvs . Or goto Florida every 2 sec. Or drive cool cars etc.
Not every school besides the Lakewood cheder is like that. There are plenty of schools meant for great families just like the rebbe you just mentioned, in a similar situation to the rebbe you just mentioned, but people won't go because it's pas nisht not to go to the place that's known to be hard to get into. There are plenty of egos and perceived images on the line here, both conscious and subconscious.
JTZ

Offline ya

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 27, 2016, 09:34:27 PM »
I love Florida and I think cool cars are kinda cool :)
Me too but I can see why a lot off Ppl in lkwd would  not want ther kids in school with mine.

Offline meme

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 27, 2016, 09:35:38 PM »

Me too but I can see why a lot off Ppl in lkwd would  not want ther kids in school with mine.
Ok, at least your being honest, btw which school do u send to?

Offline ya

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 27, 2016, 09:36:10 PM »
Ok, at least your being honest, btw which school do u send to?
Don't have kids yet.