Author Topic: SIZZLING! Delta Cardholders Can Book First Class Award Tickets From Canada To The US For 250 Miles+$  (Read 26350 times)

Offline eliteflyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Our YYZ-JFK flight was cancelled tonight. Though there was a weather travel advisory in effect since Saturday night, they refused to rebook me on Westjet earlier today excuse it wasn't "pay with miles eligible". Go figure that they ended up rebooking me on the first available flight tomorrow with is Westjet at 4:30 pm. Gave each of the four of us a $50 travel voucher, which I thought was generous.

Offline D93

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
Our YYZ-JFK flight was cancelled tonight. Though there was a weather travel advisory in effect since Saturday night, they refused to rebook me on Westjet earlier today excuse it wasn't "pay with miles eligible". Go figure that they ended up rebooking me on the first available flight tomorrow with is Westjet at 4:30 pm. Gave each of the four of us a $50 travel voucher, which I thought was generous.

That's more than the flight cost itself :)

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Is there any such deals from NYC to toronto still going on? When I need there is never, but when I don't need a flight there is always to be found..if anyone hears about a deal or so...please post back here thanks a million.....need it for around March 22-29 area.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Is there any such deals from NYC to toronto still going on? When I need there is never, but when I don't need a flight there is always to be found..if anyone hears about a deal or so...please post back here thanks a million.....need it for around March 22-29 area.
Follow DDMS. Sometimes you just gotta take what's available.

Offline eliteflyer

• View Profile
now today's flight is cancelled too!  Getting rebooked SYR-LGA and rented a car.

Offline eliteflyer

• View Profile
now today's flight is cancelled too!  Getting rebooked SYR-LGA and rented a car.
can only comment that they were willing to rebook me on three separate occasions for this reservations. Will be driving to Brooklyn instead as the flight out of SYR was just cancelled too.

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
can only comment that they were willing to rebook me on three separate occasions for this reservations. Will be driving to Brooklyn instead as the flight out of SYR was just cancelled too.
ouch Good luck getting them to cover your car rental.

Offline eliteflyer

• View Profile
ouch Good luck getting them to cover your car rental.
I don't expect any compensation from delta for the rental car (reserved full size at Avis for $84 USD one way and was upgraded to BMW 5 as President's Circle) because the cancellations were all weather related. However, instead of asking for a straight up refund on the phone just now (because who needs 1000 sky miles (250x4)), the rep was kind enough to hold each ticket open for a year with no change fees and ability to change routes entirely ($256.94CAD x4).

Offline dovy2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
I don't expect any compensation from delta for the rental car (reserved full size at Avis for $84 USD one way and was upgraded to BMW 5 as President's Circle) because the cancellations were all weather related. However, instead of asking for a straight up refund on the phone just now (because who needs 1000 sky miles (250x4)), the rep was kind enough to hold each ticket open for a year with no change fees and ability to change routes entirely ($256.94CAD x4).
As I mentioned earlier, that's how much it comes up on their system

Offline dovy2

• View Profile
In actually planning on "missing" my flights, then asking for the value for the next year.
Done than with delta on the past..

Offline eliteflyer

• View Profile
As I mentioned earlier, that's how much it comes up on their system
has anyone actually been refunded that amount to a credit card? Would be very surprised if that got through the refunds/audit dept.

Offline dovy2

• View Profile
has anyone actually been refunded that amount to a credit card? Would be very surprised if that got through the refunds/audit dept.
That for sure won't work

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Awesome.
How was the drive?
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline eliteflyer

• View Profile
Awesome.
How was the drive?
Was a little slow through Syracuse due to the snowy weather, then all clear to New York. We got notification that the alternative flight from SYR was cancelled about 30 miles west of SYR and made it home at about the same time that the flight from SYR would have landed in any event had it been on time. Paid $27 for fuel for the entire trip.

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
Was a little slow through Syracuse due to the snowy weather, then all clear to New York. We got notification that the alternative flight from SYR was cancelled about 30 miles west of SYR and made it home at about the same time that the flight from SYR would have landed in any event had it been on time. Paid $27 for fuel for the entire trip.
No way that it could ever be worth it to fly from Syracuse

Offline eliteflyer

• View Profile
No way that it could ever be worth it to fly from Syracuse
Agree, though all flights out of YYZ, BUF and ROC were cancelled or sold out. Just figured I'd keep the option open in case the driving got rough.

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
Have a ticket for the summer which had a small change and want to change the origin from YYZ to ORD (and change the date a few days). Any chance I can pull this off?

Offline eliteflyer

• View Profile
Have a ticket for the summer which had a small change and want to change the origin from YYZ to ORD (and change the date a few days). Any chance I can pull this off?
Just did this today. One of my many YYZ-JFK flights was moved up by 10 minutes. I politely told the rep that I didn't care for the new time and was able to move the reservation up by three weeks to a flight in a different class of service with a negotiated change fee of $100 CAD (vs the usual $200CAD) and even pocket the residual $50 as a voucher for future use. The rep was initially nervous that he would get in trouble, so I suggested he loop in one of his colleagues with a more "supervisory role", who made the offer.

What's the change in your reservation?

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
What's the change in your reservation?

Moved back 20 minutes

Did you pay the change fee or they just deducted it from the value of the ticket?

Offline eliteflyer

• View Profile

Moved back 20 minutes

Did you pay the change fee or they just deducted it from the value of the ticket?
I think it's worth a try, but I was sure to be extra polite and acknowledge that it wasn't an entitlement. They deducted the change fee from the value of the ticket. Since my be ticket was more than $100 cheaper than the old, I netted a refund voucher too.