Author Topic: transfer time in istanbul  (Read 864 times)

Offline thetoad

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
transfer time in istanbul
« on: January 31, 2016, 06:27:57 AM »
I'm looking at tickets to Israel for Pesach and the cheapest tickets are on Turkish Air.  I'm wondering how much time one should provide for transfering between the flights.  One itenerary gave me only 1 hour on the flight to Israel.  which seems too little?   Otherwise I'm looking at a 3 hour layover which seems like it should be more than enough.  I'm figuring the first itenerary isn't a good option but wanted to check in and see what others thought?

Offline D93

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
Re: transfer time in istanbul
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 06:55:21 AM »
I'm looking at tickets to Israel for Pesach and the cheapest tickets are on Turkish Air.  I'm wondering how much time one should provide for transfering between the flights.  One itenerary gave me only 1 hour on the flight to Israel.  which seems too little?   Otherwise I'm looking at a 3 hour layover which seems like it should be more than enough.  I'm figuring the first itenerary isn't a good option but wanted to check in and see what others thought?

If it's bookable, that means it's a legal connection so even if you're delayed and miss your connection, the airline will rebook you.

Offline Der Deutsche Jude

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA, CA, FAA, GA, NA, OA, WA
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 09:03:11 AM »
If it's bookable, that means it's a legal connection so even if you're delayed and miss your connection, the airline will rebook you.
Yes.  Plus there are eight flights a day from Ataturk to Tel Aviv, so you probably wouldn't have to wait very long if you miss your connecting flight.

Offline shauly

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 10:55:24 AM »
Obviously this isn't ideal, but one time when we flew through IST our first flight was delayed and we ended up having 20 minutes on the ground in IST. It was rushed but we made it, so an hour should be more than enough.