Topic Wiki

Selling one hilton weekend night - gold status for 300 dollars. Exp. June 2019

Author Topic: Hilton Master Thread  (Read 356898 times)

Offline Denverite

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Hilton Master Thread
« Reply #800 on: February 02, 2016, 11:59:13 AM »
IME,yes.

remember that if you cancel those certs will also keep the exact same expiration date too.

Offline D93

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: February 04, 2016, 05:48:10 AM »
How long after completing a stay do the points post?

Offline AI-TRAVEL

• View Profile
« Reply #802 on: February 04, 2016, 11:59:42 AM »
How long after completing a stay do the points post?
mine posted a week later.

Offline rileywiles23

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: February 05, 2016, 09:59:28 AM »
Please cmiiw, Upgrades for diamond members is up to the hotels discretion, and they don't have to to do it if they don't want to ?
Life is as good as you make it...

Offline D93

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: February 06, 2016, 11:59:20 AM »
Please cmiiw, Upgrades for diamond members is up to the hotels discretion, and they don't have to to do it if they don't want to ?

Correct.

Offline CS91

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: February 13, 2016, 07:12:58 PM »
Just combined free night certificates with points and did pay 4 nights and get 5th night free. Question though – for those of you that have done it, did you pay the standard point rate for 2 nights and third was free, or averaged discounted rate for the 3 nights? I realize that isn't incredibly clear, so I'll say exactly what my situation is:

5 night stay, standard point rate is 95k per night. So if staying 5 nights, averages out to 76k per night. I was under the impression that certificates would apply to 2 nights, one night is free (5th night), and then I'd have to pay 95k*2 for a total of 190k points. Instead, rep told me that I needed to pay 76k*3 because once it's a 5 night stay, system breaks it down to avg rate, and certificates apply to 2 nights and then I have to pay the remaining nights in points.

Was the rep right? I made him call help desk and they confirmed that was he was saying is true...

Offline voldemort

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: February 13, 2016, 07:53:33 PM »

Was the rep right? I made him call help desk and they confirmed that was he was saying is true...
Yes. 5th night free means you pay the discounted rate (76k here) for all five nights.

Offline CS91

• View Profile
« Reply #807 on: February 13, 2016, 08:22:33 PM »
Yes. 5th night free means you pay the discounted rate (76k here) for all five nights.
Ah, ok. Thanks for answering.

Offline dovy2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: February 13, 2016, 08:39:26 PM »
Anyone have any tricks and how to cancel a nonrefundable night without penalty?

Offline 12HRS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: February 13, 2016, 08:40:31 PM »

problem with them doing it that way is now essentially the two free night awards are being used on 76k nights instead of 95k nights, really no reason that should be the case. sounds like a bad way of marketing 5th night free when its really 20% off a 5 night stay.

Offline CS91

• View Profile
« Reply #810 on: February 13, 2016, 09:06:03 PM »
problem with them doing it that way is now essentially the two free night awards are being used on 76k nights instead of 95k nights, really no reason that should be the case. sounds like a bad way of marketing 5th night free when its really 20% off a 5 night stay.
Ya, I think the policy is a bit ridiculous, which is why I thought the rep was definitely wrong when that's how he calculated it. I should have only had to pay 95k*2 instead of 76k*3.

Offline GettingReady

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: February 13, 2016, 09:24:57 PM »
I had 5 nights booked with a mix of points, (2) free nights via Reserve, and cash. I called to use points for a night. The CSR changed the reservation, I received a confirmation, and it showed a balance of 26,999 points. I then told her I wanted to change the last night from cash to "free" due to the 5th night policy. She said she had to cancel all 5 nights and start over. When she was done my account showed a balance of 999. Doesn't make sense plus they advertise 5th night FREE not 20% off when you book 5 nights.

Offline 12HRS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: February 13, 2016, 09:51:22 PM »
Ya, I think the policy is a bit ridiculous, which is why I thought the rep was definitely wrong when that's how he calculated it. I should have only had to pay 95k*2 instead of 76k*3.

problem is if enough people fight it, they probably just remove the ability to combine it with free nights.

Offline CS91

• View Profile
« Reply #813 on: February 13, 2016, 10:35:38 PM »
problem is if enough people fight it, they probably just remove the ability to combine it with free nights.
True. Ya I didn't really fight it. Once he came back from speaking to help desk, I just said fine. Worst case if he was wrong, I'd ask for the points back.

Side point - I know some people here mentioned that officially, free night certs can't be combined with points to count toward 4 night for 5 nights free. I don't think that's true because when I said I wanted to do that, the rep told me it's not allowed but once he called help desk, they told him it is. So seems like official policy is that it's allowed but that some reps are just misinformed.

Offline IsraelGuy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: February 14, 2016, 02:38:28 PM »
If a hotel's base room are closed for renovations, does the next level up take the spot of base rooms? They don't have any normally priced awards during the time period, but it seems unfair considering there are effectively no base rooms in the hotel then. Maybe a diamond rep can override and change the rate to the base award rate?

Anyone have experience with this?

Offline Lazegotit

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat.
« Reply #815 on: February 17, 2016, 02:55:44 AM »
Just spoke to the diamond desk and found out something interesting that I didn't know:

While booking with points or cash & points, you don't get the bonus points for the stay (500,750 or 1k, depending on property). There is a way around that though, the agent explained. If you buy anything in the hotel, it'll trigger the "paid stay status", and you'll receive the bonus points, even something small from room service.

Can anyone confirm this?

Offline Lazegotit

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat.
« Reply #816 on: February 17, 2016, 03:04:53 AM »

In my experience, the best way to get a definite upgrade (especially for diamond members), is to contact the hotel front office desk manager prior to the stay, email or phone. Most of the time, they will give you a solid upgrade prior to the stay and you don't risk losing that availability to someone who books the room closer to your arrival.

You're welcome.

Offline GettingReady

• View Profile
« Reply #817 on: February 17, 2016, 05:17:04 AM »
In my experience, the best way to get a definite upgrade (especially for diamond members), is to contact the hotel front office desk manager prior to the stay, email or phone. Most of the time, they will give you a solid upgrade prior to the stay and you don't risk losing that availability to someone who books the room closer to your arrival.

You're welcome.

Thanks for sharing! I'll be getting Diamond status soon and was wondering about that.

Offline E R K

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: February 17, 2016, 07:07:47 PM »
Just combined free night certificates with points and did pay 4 nights and get 5th night free.

Just want to thank you for giving me the gumption to call back Hilton. I called last night and she canceled original ressie but when she rebooked she was unable to use the certs and Help Desk was closed. Just got off the phone now and the very knowledgeable rep didn't think it can be done. I told her my "friend" (you ;)) was able to do it. She said she's not supposed to but asked me your name so she could see how it was done. I said I'm uncomfortable doing that w/o your permission. ::). Anyway, she experimented and it worked! 

Offline CS91

• View Profile
« Reply #819 on: February 17, 2016, 07:23:08 PM »
Just want to thank you for giving me the gumption to call back Hilton. I called last night and she canceled original ressie but when she rebooked she was unable to use the certs and Help Desk was closed. Just got off the phone now and the very knowledgeable rep didn't think it can be done. I told her my "friend" (you ;)) was able to do it. She said she's not supposed to but asked me your name so she could see how it was done. I said I'm uncomfortable doing that w/o your permission. ::). Anyway, she experimented and it worked!
Nice! For the future, you can just tell them to call their help desk. They'll be able to direct the rep. And that's really weird that they asked for my name.