Author Topic: Canada to US USD transfer?  (Read 1958 times)

Offline Yehudaa

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 74
    • View Profile
Re: Canada to US USD transfer?
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2021, 08:41:01 PM »
Is (Transfer) Wise still the best option?
I use Transferwise and I like it. I've heard from people who are also happy with Revolut. I think they're very similar.

Stack is very good if you have a USD ATM around to withdraw from (I.e. not useful if you're trying to move money electronically or if you're in canada) and if you'll stay below their limits. IIRC the limits are maybe $500/withdrawal, max 2x daily and max $2k monthly. No fees and IIRC they give you the mid market rate.

TD-TD is a pain in the neck IMHO and you have to have the money in USD in on the TD Canada side already. If you use TD to convert CAD-USD and then transfer that USD to TD US then you get ripped off with their rates.

“Stack credit card”?
https://www.getstack.ca/

Offline Yo ssi

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
  • Programs: @myi so list them as Dan does!
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2021, 10:53:04 PM »
Thanks, so I assume for one large transfer, transfer wise is the best bet, stack would be good for small here and there purchases.

I assume Revolut is also for here and there purchases?

Offline Yehudaa

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2021, 10:59:19 PM »
Thanks, so I assume for one large transfer, transfer wise is the best bet, stack would be good for small here and there purchases.
Yup. Stack is also good for withdrawing local currency from CAD in any county when travelling (not just USD).

I assume Revolut is also for here and there purchases?
I don't know much about Revolut but I think people use it for big transfers too.

Offline Yehudaa

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2021, 11:23:55 PM »
Stack is very good if you have a USD ATM around to withdraw from (I.e. not useful if you're trying to move money electronically or if you're in canada) and if you'll stay below their limits. IIRC the limits are maybe $500/withdrawal, max 2x daily and max $2k monthly.
Just to clarify, these are the ATM withdrawal limits. The limit for POS transactions is much higher, maybe $1k/day and $20k/month or something.