Poll

Are you in favor of banning Muslims from entering the U.S. (at least temporarily)?

Absolutely not. It's unconstitutional and a slippery slope. If it's OK to ban Muslims today, then why can't Jews be banned tomorrow? We must not give in to fear!
15 (39.5%)
Absolutely. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Even if 95% of Muslims seeking to enter the U.S. mean well, we can't risk the 5% that may be compromised. The only "irrational fear" is believing that this will lead to Jews being ban
23 (60.5%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Banning Muslims from entering the U.S.  (Read 5431 times)

Offline stbaum

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Banning Muslims from entering the U.S.
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2016, 02:40:30 PM »
Because im in the persons class in a libreal arts college and not me or any other jews her, her relatives shouldent be allowed to come to the country and she should be screened more.

what?
My greatest achievement? I am fluent in FRIENDS quotes

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2016, 02:45:14 PM »
Because im in the persons class in a libreal arts college and not me or any other jews her, her relatives shouldent be allowed to come to the country and she should be screened more.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum 

Offline Emkay

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2016, 02:45:22 PM »
Im not gona respond to this
Not sure why

Offline stbaum

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2016, 03:07:20 PM »
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet , consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod and vitality, tempor ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Over the years come , who nostrud aliquip advantage from it , but for to work , exercise, school district . Duis cillum , however, want to be a pain in the pleasure of football irure flee from pain to find produces no resultant . Excepteur blinds are not cupidatat proident , it is soothing to the soul, that is my toil, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt

#thankyougoogle
My greatest achievement? I am fluent in FRIENDS quotes

Offline zale

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2016, 04:51:01 PM »
My Muslim college "friend" who follows this blog - asked me to explain this and thought we were more 'accepting' than this - thanks for the awkward convos - maybe some topics are better not posted.

This thread is a follow up to the NH GOP voter's favoring Trump's idea of Banning Muslims from entering the U.S. This thread is merely asking forum members what they thought about this idea. I summed up the poll options very clearly.

I'm sorry that your friend is offended, but your friend should take notice that many members actually do believe that this is indeed foolhardy, and that enacting laws against a specific race or religion is unconstitutional.

Offline good sam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2016, 06:13:10 PM »
Banning Muslims - no.
Putting an immigration 'filter'  on certain war torn regions, not by religion but by country, where immigration is not blocked, but made dependent on clearance by DoD/fbi etc.  Is a lot closer to an acceptable compromise.
(perhaps visa applications from  certain countries would bear a fee to help recoup the cost of vetting)
Do non-Muslims from those regions pose a threat?
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline mrprez27

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2016, 06:25:51 PM »
what?
here* -- i go to a college in the tri-state area with a huge jewish pop. -- shes a 'she'

Offline mrprez27

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2016, 06:27:03 PM »
As if he doesn't know what's going on...
Oh, as in shes not reading this thread...wow she probably is, as she referenced it to me.. - Wow i didnt think this through haha

Offline mrprez27

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2016, 06:27:47 PM »
This thread is a follow up to the NH GOP voter's favoring Trump's idea of Banning Muslims from entering the U.S. This thread is merely asking forum members what they thought about this idea. I summed up the poll options very clearly.

I'm sorry that your friend is offended, but your friend should take notice that many members actually do believe that this is indeed foolhardy, and that enacting laws against a specific race or religion is unconstitutional.

I think your right -- no one here is spewing "lets kill them all" -- Im gona mention that.

Online gozalim

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2016, 08:53:51 PM »
Do non-Muslims from those regions pose a threat?
let the vetting process vet them as well

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2016, 10:48:52 PM »
There should absolutely be a temporary ban. And the reason is very simple. Would there be such a ban in effect 2 years ago then there would be 14 happy families instead of 14 heart broken families who lost the lives of their parent / brother / sister by some ugly Muslims in San Bernardino. The above is a fact. Whoever is against this idea is effectively responsible for the San Bernardino shooting. So think if you wanna be politically correct or logically correct.

I know that there are a lot of nice Muslims out there and it IS very sad to put such a ban in place and I do feel bad for the normal Muslims but I am sorry, the United States is not a garbage pail.  I know it sound bad and rude but the safety of the US citizens is before accepting refugees.

And we all know that it is impossible to use a filter here.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 12:16:36 AM by ilherman »
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline pixi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2016, 11:37:31 PM »
There should absolutely be a temporary ban. And the reason is very simple. Would there be such a ban in effect 2 years ago then there would be 14 happy families instead of 14 heart broken families who lost the lives of their parent / brother / sister by some ugly Muslims in San Bernardino. The above is a fact. Whoever is against this idea is effectively responsible for the San Bernardino shooting. So think if you wanna be politically correct or logically correct.

I know that there are a lot of nice Muslims out there and it IS very sad to put such a ban in place and I do feel bad for the normal Muslims but I am sorry, the United States is not a garbage pail.  I know it sound bad and rude but the safety of the US citizens is before accepting refugees.

And we all know that a it i impossible to use a filter here.
+1.
Unfortunately the nice people had to suffer because those animals.
money doesn't talk......      it SCREAMS !

Offline Centro

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2016, 02:06:56 AM »

The issue is that the constitution doesn't have its פונפטן שלחן ערוך...

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2016, 06:21:12 AM »
This is exactly what ISIS wants - unify all muslims against us
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Venilla

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Mothering
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2016, 07:36:05 AM »

So in other words. Why should the US citizens suffer from those terrorists, rather should their own brothers.
I like vanilla but my name is Venilla.

Offline Venilla

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Mothering
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2016, 07:39:45 AM »
...and because of that?
What's a bigger threat, having 50% Muslims against us and in the US or 90% outside?
I like vanilla but my name is Venilla.

Offline yos9694

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2016, 07:41:43 AM »

And what we want is to unify all muslims against ISIS.... but I don't see that one happening.