Topic Wiki

With so much happening on DDF, there are likely many gems that you missed because you weren't following that specific thread. Well I say, "no more!" If you come across a post that you feel deserves a wider audience, whether it was very informative, funny, or deserving of being highlighted for any other reason, post it here.

A few proposed rules:

1) You cannot submit your own posts.
2) Provide necessary context.
3) Quote properly and provide links. Don't say, "Yo, check out Dan's post about RC. It's friggin awesome."
4) Let the person know in the original thread they've been "Best Ofed"
5) This thread is only for DDF. One liners, articles, pictures and videos etc. from outside DDF all have their own threads already.

List of a few of them:
"May your flights depart on time, your apps get auto-approved, and your MS never backfire." -MMGFARB
"Please only reply if you can actually answer the question and not litter the forum with useless Sarcastic banter." -Shnozolla
"Even a broken clock is right twice a day. You're the broken clock." -Baruch
"Sorry. Look at the bright side I just "bump"ed you" -NafNaf12
"I bribed the Guard $1 at the Anti-Corruption Unit to let me into the building - Just for the novelty." -Suave

Author Topic: Best of DDF  (Read 34870 times)

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Best of DDF
« Reply #210 on: March 21, 2020, 09:33:22 PM »
It is very important, whenever faced with a character limit, to carefully plan what you want to write, lest you be cut o

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #211 on: March 31, 2020, 11:28:33 AM »
Considering his posting history, it's the least surprising thing ever that doodle would be willing to sacrifice as many people as it takes to maintain his personal perverted frumkeit.

I'm sure he doesn't actually daven with a minyan, as doing that would require friends to inform you where such minyanim are taking place.

Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 14, 2020, 03:43:11 PM »

Thank you to everyone who participated in this campaign, and especially to @aygart and @12HRS for matching!
There was no simple way to calculate it all, but we settled on a formula that recognized $1612 in donations, which all three of us matched (despite our original commitment of $1000). So that is a total of $6448 - in 2 days.
 ולא נשמע עוד שוד ושבר בגבולנו, ונזכה לקיים מצות צדקה בלי שום ערבוב צער ויגון

The whole thread is beautiful
Quote from: ExGingi
Yehuda57 needs to spew a certain amount of sarcasm in order to survive through the day.

Online myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 297
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #213 on: April 14, 2020, 06:41:07 PM »

The whole thread is beautiful
Beautiful is not the word! Real touching thread!
   In the zechus of that thread let's hope we shouldn't have to establish such a thread in the future!
 גוט יום טוב לכולם!
Don't try to be someone else , be who you are because everyone else is taken.

Offline grodnoking

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 14, 2020, 07:09:41 PM »
   In the zechus of that thread let's hope we shouldn't have to establish such a thread in the future!
 גוט יום טוב לכולם!
אמן!
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #215 on: April 14, 2020, 07:11:26 PM »
 גוט יום טוב לכולם!
Amen! Just amazing!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8015
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 05, 2020, 01:43:04 PM »
Quote from: ExGingi
Yehuda57 needs to spew a certain amount of sarcasm in order to survive through the day.

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #218 on: May 10, 2020, 11:24:21 AM »
As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math.

Wanted to make this my signature, but it's too long.

ETA: stole @jj1000's hack
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 12:34:41 PM by Lurker »
<--- See location

Offline etech0

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #219 on: May 10, 2020, 11:26:37 AM »
Or the lack of a Dislike buttton
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline justmeha

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 20, 2020, 05:43:48 AM »
How about PMing it to veterans only. And a "veteran" starts at +290 posts... ;D

On a different note, I don't think we have to go crazy about SD. Being a DD, or a FTaler, is not about landing on the right page, it's a mentality. How many friends did you talk to that gave you the looks when you told them what you do! The fact is that most people would not call again, or even call in the first place.
To spell it out even more, consider the following necessities to be a good DD:
1. Have good credit,
2. Be extremely organized,
3. Be able to spend thousands of dollars,
4. Not suffer from an overdose of superstitious'ness thereby being able to realize that accepting bonuses is not first degree murder,
5. Have the guts to call,
6. Have the guts to call again,
7. To be able to learn and retain lots of information
8. To not feel bad for credit card companies.

And the list goes on.
this
and especially these
4. Not suffer from an overdose of superstitious'ness thereby being able to realize that accepting bonuses is not first degree murder,
5. Have the guts to call,
6. Have the guts to call again,
8. To not feel bad for credit card companies.
instead of writing "+1" and clogging up the thread give a like!

Offline stooges44

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 259
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 11, 2020, 10:59:39 AM »
When you first open a bottle of soda or seltzer or pop, begin by slowly turning the cap one-quarter turn and wait about 10 seconds, watching for the small bubbles to slow down, and listening as the sssst of escaping gas gets quieter.  Then turn another 1/4 turn, and wait another 10 seconds till it quiets down.  Now open the cap the rest of the way, and look proudly around as you pour a perfect cup.  Don't expect a pat on the back, though, because nobody will realize what didn't happen.  But you'll know. 

Because one day, soon we hope, you'll be at a shul kiddush, balancing a full bowl of aromatic chulent or chili or Hungarian goulash in one hand, and an empty cup in the other, and someone will offer to pour you a drink, and he'll twist that cap quickly, in one fell swoop, and you'll watch as the bottle suddenly erupts, and fizzy, bubbly liquid streams downward, over his greasy hands into your still-untouched chulent or chili or Hungarian goulash, filling the bowl with what now looks like brown soup, which overflows the rim and drips downwards onto your Shabbos shoes, and you'll look up as he sheepishly mumbles "Sorry!  Someone must have shaken the bottle" and you'll think NO, YOU DOOFUS!!!  DON'T BLAME SOMEONE ELSE!  ADMIT THAT YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO OPEN A BOTTLE OF SODA! but you won't say that, of course, you'll just smile kindly and say "It's nothing, I'll get another bowl" and you'll return to the table, only to discover that the pan has now been totally emptied of its chulent or chili or Hungarian goulash, and you'll just sigh.  How could he know?  He's not a DDFer.
If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.