Author Topic: Comments That Leave Me Speechless...  (Read 672762 times)

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
Re: Comments That Leave Me Speechless...
« Reply #3560 on: December 05, 2022, 09:24:40 PM »
Wow, nasty soul.
This ugly person has some unresolved issues.
Don't ask what the horse was thinking, especially a hateful horse. He's hateful on the family size, can be due to more people = more gases emitted, or simply because more frum yidden produced.
I assume the comment was censored.
Yep.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline ari3

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: December 05, 2022, 09:45:25 PM »
On this post: https://www.dansdeals.com/advertisement/matchathon-tragedy-caribbean-help-federman-family-virgin-islands/

"Surely there was much thought before embarking on creating a family of ten children. May that thought process and solution provide the support they all need at this time!"

You want to ask what the money goes towards, while maybe not sensitive I understand it. But a comment like this. I don't understand what low life can talk like that.
I recently heard similar sentiments mentioned elsewhere. It might have been in a place called Sdom.....

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #3562 on: December 05, 2022, 10:24:44 PM »
I recently heard similar sentiments mentioned elsewhere. It might have been in a place called Sdom.....
TR?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: December 05, 2022, 10:58:07 PM »
TR?
Might be a long tale, but in short it was a fire trip.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #3564 on: December 05, 2022, 11:00:31 PM »
Might be a long tale, but in short it was a fire trip.
But tbh, when all was said and done it left a salty taste in his mouth.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: December 05, 2022, 11:06:04 PM »
TR?
https://navishiur.org/product/visitors-to-sidom-yirmiyahu-2313-y-71/

Great Shiur from Rabbi Reisman. Haven't heard it in years, but I remember clearly that he says something like: "Many in the past have dreamed about going back in time, like Shnooky Shapiro, The Twilight Zone, and H.G. Wells. In fact, in the Marvelous Middos Machine, Shnooky Shapiro goes back in time and runs out of gas, but there was no unleaded gas at the time, so he got stuck. Tonight, let's go back in time to Sedom..."  ;D

Offline dm123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: December 05, 2022, 11:06:23 PM »
TR?

How it started:
וַיִּשָּׂא־ל֣וֹט אֶת־עֵינָ֗יו וַיַּרְא֙ אֶת־כׇּל־כִּכַּ֣ר הַיַּרְדֵּ֔ן כִּ֥י כֻלָּ֖הּ מַשְׁקֶ֑ה לִפְנֵ֣י ׀ שַׁחֵ֣ת ה' אֶת־סְדֹם֙ וְאֶת־עֲמֹרָ֔ה כְּגַן־ה' כְּאֶ֣רֶץ מִצְרַ֔יִם בֹּאֲכָ֖ה צֹֽעַר׃
Lot raised his eyes and saw the entire Jordan Plain, that it was [an] abundantly watered [place]; before Hashem destroyed Sedom and Amorah, it was like Hashem’s garden, like the land of Egypt, going towards Zoar.

How it ended:
וַיַּשְׁקֵ֗ף עַל־פְּנֵ֤י סְדֹם֙ וַעֲמֹרָ֔ה וְעַֽל־כׇּל־פְּנֵ֖י אֶ֣רֶץ הַכִּכָּ֑ר וַיַּ֗רְא וְהִנֵּ֤ה עָלָה֙ קִיטֹ֣ר הָאָ֔רֶץ כְּקִיטֹ֖ר הַכִּבְשָֽׁן׃
He [Avraham] stared at Sedom and Amorah, and the whole land of the plain, and he saw the heavy smoke rising from the earth like the smoke of a furnace.

People say it was the riots that ruined it:
וְאַנְשֵׁ֨י הָעִ֜יר אַנְשֵׁ֤י סְדֹם֙ נָסַ֣בּוּ עַל־הַבַּ֔יִת מִנַּ֖עַר וְעַד־זָקֵ֑ן כׇּל־הָעָ֖ם מִקָּצֶֽה׃
The men of Sedom, surrounded the house—young and old alike—all the people from one end [of the city] to the other end.

Although the riots must have been symptomatic of a deeper moral decay that underlied the explosive turn of events.

Offline dm123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: December 05, 2022, 11:09:45 PM »
https://navishiur.org/product/visitors-to-sidom-yirmiyahu-2313-y-71/

Great Shiur from Rabbi Reisman. Haven't heard it in years, but I remember clearly that he says something like: "Many in the past have dreamed about going back in time, like Shnooky Shapiro, The Twilight Zone, and H.G. Wells. In fact, in the Marvelous Middos Machine, Shnooky Shapiro goes back in time and runs out of gas, but there was no unleaded gas at the time, so he got stuck. Tonight, let's go back in time to Sedom..."  ;D

Paywall...  :-\

Offline m65

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: December 06, 2022, 01:45:11 AM »
"Surely there was much thought before embarking on creating a family of ten children. May that thought process and solution provide the support they all need at this time!"
can whatever thought process involved in creating this hatefull mess of thoughtlessness provide the solution for erasing this mess from my thoughts?

Offline drosenberg88429

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: December 06, 2022, 01:58:36 AM »
I see this all the time, btw. It's generally not in this context, but when people are collecting money for weddings or medical expenses or other things for their large families, or when they are eligible for tuition subsidies, people complain that they should have thought about how they were going to raise them before having so many kids. Always bothers me.

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Comments That Leave Me Speechless...
« Reply #3570 on: December 06, 2022, 02:17:24 AM »
I see this all the time, btw. It's generally not in this context, but when people are collecting money for weddings or medical expenses or other things for their large families, or when they are eligible for tuition subsidies, people complain that they should have thought about how they were going to raise them before having so many kids. Always bothers me.
Slightly different though, because those expenses are predictable and need to be planned for (for those of us who don't have such high levels of bitachon). So it at least makes logical sense.

But saying it after a rare event occurs to a family just doesn't compute.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #3571 on: December 06, 2022, 10:14:01 AM »

Maybe not before, but immediately once they do they really should plan.

Slightly different though, because those expenses are predictable and need to be planned for (for those of us who don't have such high levels of bitachon). So it at least makes logical sense.

Planning for something that you know will come is not al tachkor achar asidos. Rav Meir Stern told me when I had 3 babies in the house "Right now you will be paying three tuitions in 5 years from now"
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #3572 on: December 06, 2022, 10:19:06 AM »

Let's just say that this event isn't even something that one could or would purchase insurance to protect against, and it goes far beyond financial issues.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline drosenberg88429

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: December 06, 2022, 10:41:19 AM »
Maybe not before, but immediately once they do they really should plan.

Planning for something that you know will come is not al tachkor achar asidos. Rav Meir Stern told me when I had 3 babies in the house "Right now you will be paying three tuitions in 5 years from now"

Would he extend that to say that one should desist on having additional children until the finances are assured or at least likely?

I do agree with you that it's not a fair subject to bring up in this thread. While needing to ensure financial arrangements before having children is debatable, both sides are defensible. This original comment is not, in the slightest. (If there was criminal neglect, how many children they had is irrelevant, and if there wasn't, their family size is equally irrelevant. Insinuating that they were related and effectively blaming the parents for being responsible for this tragedy with zero evidence to that effect is horrific and despicable.)

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: December 06, 2022, 12:47:27 PM »
Would he extend that to say that one should desist on having additional children until the finances are assured or at least likely?

I do agree with you that it's not a fair subject to bring up in this thread. While needing to ensure financial arrangements before having children is debatable, both sides are defensible. This original comment is not, in the slightest. (If there was criminal neglect, how many children they had is irrelevant, and if there wasn't, their family size is equally irrelevant. Insinuating that they were related and effectively blaming the parents for being responsible for this tragedy with zero evidence to that effect is horrific and despicable.)
I presume he would not. I agree that all of those shirts of comments are out of place especially in a one of case.

This thread is about comments not tzedaka.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: December 06, 2022, 12:47:35 PM »

I presume he would not. I agree that all of those shirts of comments are out of place especially in a one of case.

This thread is about comments not tzedaka.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3576 on: January 20, 2023, 10:39:20 AM »
Lovely place, the internet.

Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: January 20, 2023, 11:56:56 AM »

This guy is off the deep end, and hopefully, one in a million.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #3578 on: January 20, 2023, 11:59:12 AM »

This needs to be cross-posted in that other disaster of a thread I'm avoiding.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: January 20, 2023, 12:02:38 PM »
This needs to be cross-posted in that other disaster of a thread I'm avoiding.
If this is actually a one in a million bagcase, then there are people out there who hate everyone and everything.