Author Topic: Comments That Leave Me Speechless...  (Read 667290 times)

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
Re: Comments That Leave Me Speechless...
« Reply #3261 on: November 29, 2018, 01:26:47 AM »
Looking through these, I'd say our standards are right on the money.
Your top deals are still top. But your small deals are much more frequent. Is there a way for subscribers to not get the small shopping deals? I think you’d make a lot of people happier ifthey could
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline good sam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: November 29, 2018, 01:27:05 AM »
Where in the world did we post smoking hot potato chips?

https://www.dansdeals.com/?s=smoking+hot
He was probably exaggerating, just pointing out that most deals on the site are amazon deals on household items instead of the more exciting hotels/flights/credit card deals of the past.
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3263 on: November 29, 2018, 01:27:36 AM »
Lol. I think he just meant that you’ve started posting much more ordinary shopping deals. You post the same amount of great deals as you used to, but now post way more regular deals, so some people think you don’t post good deals anymore.
And yet, traffic keeps hitting record high numbers, so somebody must like what's going on.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #3265 on: November 29, 2018, 01:28:19 AM »
To be fair, they're not really that hot. OP has a point.
Lol

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #3266 on: November 29, 2018, 01:30:09 AM »
And yet, traffic keeps hitting record high numbers, so somebody must like what's going on.
You’re now reaching a wider variety of consumers, and not ticking enough of the other people off. But if there were a way to keep both, that would be amazing. Don’t forget, the connected Jewish world is growing exponentially as well.

Btw, I like it now. But apparently some people don’t, from reading those comments,

Online Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #3267 on: November 29, 2018, 01:30:32 AM »

our standards are right on the money.

Someone please create a gif with Dan and JJ in gangsta gear sitting on piles of cash making it rain.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3268 on: November 29, 2018, 01:31:42 AM »
You’re now reaching a wider variety of consumers, and not ticking enough of the other people off. But if there were a way to keep both, that would be amazing. Don’t forget, the connected Jewish world is growing exponentially as well.

Btw, I like it now. But apparently some people don’t, from reading those comments,
Shouldn't be hard to make an IFTTT receipt to Telegram bot to get only what you want.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: November 29, 2018, 01:32:44 AM »
It's funny, because when I first started following the DDMS deals, they were a bit spammy to me as a young single guy (what the hell do people do with dishwasher pods?) but I stuck with it for the big glitches. I've evolved into a father of 2 who snags the diaper deals, which I used to hate, and the dishwasher pods are always a life saver. Guess it depends what you expect from the site and where you're holding in life, but for me personally I'll take 20 useless deals for the 1 that will help me out.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #3270 on: November 29, 2018, 01:33:09 AM »
Shouldn't be hard to make an IFTTT receipt to Telegram bot to get only what you want.
Ok, tbh that sentence flew right over my head lol. I need to brush up on the Tech Talk thread.

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: November 29, 2018, 01:34:14 AM »
There's no way to send alerts by category (like the tag you put on every post) and people can subscribe to each tag?

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #3272 on: November 29, 2018, 01:35:07 AM »
It's funny, because when I first started following the DDMS deals, they were a bit spammy to me as a young single guy (what the hell do people do with dishwasher pods?) but I stuck with it for the big glitches. I've evolved into a father of 2 who snags the diaper deals, which I used to hate, and the dishwasher pods are always a life saver. Guess it depends what you expect from the site and where you're holding in life, but for me personally I'll take 20 useless deals for the 1 that will help me out.
+1. As usual, everybody perceives the world from their perspective, and thinks everybody else has the same POV. Of course, that’s rarely the case. Clearly, Dan is reaching more people this way, but some of the customers who don’t appreciate them are getting ticked off (which I guess I can understand). Still, I don’t understand the mussar. If you don’t like it, leave. I’m sure there are alternative deal sites.

Offline Zevi16

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: November 29, 2018, 01:38:06 AM »
+1. As usual, everybody perceives the world from their perspective, and thinks everybody else has the same POV. Of course, that’s rarely the case. Clearly, Dan is reaching more people this way, but some of the customers who don’t appreciate them are getting ticked off (which I guess I can understand). Still, I don’t understand the mussar. If you don’t like it, leave. I’m sure there are alternative deal sites.
There sure are alternative sites. But they usually just take all deals from ddf and repost as their own. It’s not going to help them filtering it.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: November 29, 2018, 01:38:54 AM »
Millions of deal sites, though none are doing what I did 8 years ago with just a few curated posts per day because it's not really sustainable.

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: November 29, 2018, 01:39:38 AM »
Well, there's a reason they don't leave. There's more good here, than whatever is bothering them. Bottom line is, the deals here are far more filtered IMO than any other site. SD and TJB are full of random crap, so much so, that you often can't sift through it to pick out the good stuff. I guess some people expect everyone to know exactly what deals they want, and to only get those deals. SMH

Offline Zevi16

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: November 29, 2018, 01:41:13 AM »
Millions of deal sites, though none are doing what I did 8 years ago with just a few curated posts per day because it's not really sustainable.
I wonder if you were getting flack for not posting enough deals those days.
Paging @TimT

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: November 29, 2018, 01:42:50 AM »
I am still waiting for deals for me. Don't say it.  >:( >:( >:(
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: November 29, 2018, 01:43:02 AM »
I wonder if you were getting flack for not posting enough deals those days.
Paging @TimT
Sure, people would say if only I posted more.

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: November 29, 2018, 01:43:14 AM »
כן ירבו!
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD