Author Topic: Comments That Leave Me Speechless...  (Read 660947 times)

Offline dirah

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Comments That Leave Me Speechless...
« Reply #940 on: May 07, 2013, 06:57:12 PM »
טוחוס as in טוחוס בקרקע (see third perek in brachos, can't remember daf)
טוחות בקרקע

Offline Achas Veachas

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #941 on: May 08, 2013, 07:51:57 AM »

Offline Shreknit

• View Profile
« Reply #942 on: May 08, 2013, 08:04:17 AM »
Take that Moishebatchy :P

Wow that's alot coming from a guy who's afraid to be seen at a dansdeals seminar!
That guy is nuts

Offline Moishebatchy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #943 on: May 08, 2013, 09:27:23 AM »
I'm debating how much ammo to unload on that loser. I'm wondering if I should blow him to smithereens, or if he's not worth the effort. >:D

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: May 08, 2013, 09:35:18 AM »
I'm debating how much ammo to unload on that loser. I'm wondering if I should blow him to smithereens, or if he's not worth the effort. >:D

I'd say invite him to the forums to have a nice friendly conversation and see where it goes from there...
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline Moishebatchy

• View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #945 on: May 08, 2013, 09:53:16 AM »
I'd say invite him to the forums to have a nice friendly conversation and see where it goes from there...

Why here?

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #946 on: May 08, 2013, 09:57:44 AM »
Why here?

As opposed to the main site? Just easier to "talk" here.

Offline judahk88

• View Profile
« Reply #947 on: May 08, 2013, 10:14:03 AM »
Why here?
Because Your a nothing and a nobody!  :P

Offline sguitarist18

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: May 08, 2013, 11:11:19 AM »
To be honest, while I don't fully understand his point of view (and he definitely seems to be a little towards the wild-eyed shrieking variety of person), I'm also not sure I fully agree with MB's perspective, on several levels.

For starters, not everyone wants to be seen as a "deal" guy, or someone who's involved with that kind of thing. I personally fall on the oposite ends of the spectrum. On the bus yesterday, heard a guy talking to his girlfriend about Mass Effect - me: "btw, that's on sale for FAR on newegg.com." But not everyone is like that.

More importantly, the fact that someone does something they don't want others to know about is not necessarily cowardice. Even if it's nothing wrong, there are lots of things that we choose not to share with others. And if it is something that's wrong, well - we all do things that are wrong, on various levels, and we're hopefully working on it.

Again, not saying I agree with the OP (does that term apply when referring to someone in the middle of the comments on a post from Dan? Well, you know what I mean), but not sure where the vehemence on your side is coming from.

Offline mmermss

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: May 08, 2013, 11:11:47 AM »
Where is the popcorn emoticon?  :D

Paging @Red
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 11:22:56 AM by mmermss »
It's not about the quantity of your posts.  It's about the quality.

Offline mmermss

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: May 08, 2013, 11:12:45 AM »
I'm debating how much ammo to unload on that loser. I'm wondering if I should blow him to smithereens
+1  ;D
It's not about the quantity of your posts.  It's about the quality.

Offline judahk88

• View Profile
« Reply #951 on: May 08, 2013, 11:21:45 AM »
Where is the popcorn emoticon?  :D
+10000

Offline YSP

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: May 08, 2013, 11:34:20 AM »
That's sweet. Never imagined? In your wildest dreams?

http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/30595#comment-261728

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #953 on: May 08, 2013, 11:38:10 AM »
That's sweet. Never imagined? In your wildest dreams?

http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/30595#comment-261728

He was just giving a compliment. Came out sounding funny, that's all.

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #954 on: May 08, 2013, 11:40:56 AM »
In general it looks like lakewood has much more positive comments...

Offline Moishebatchy

• View Profile
« Reply #955 on: May 08, 2013, 12:00:07 PM »
To be honest, while I don't fully understand his point of view (and he definitely seems to be a little towards the wild-eyed shrieking variety of person), I'm also not sure I fully agree with MB's perspective, on several levels.

For starters, not everyone wants to be seen as a "deal" guy, or someone who's involved with that kind of thing. I personally fall on the oposite ends of the spectrum. On the bus yesterday, heard a guy talking to his girlfriend about Mass Effect - me: "btw, that's on sale for FAR on newegg.com." But not everyone is like that.

More importantly, the fact that someone does something they don't want others to know about is not necessarily cowardice. Even if it's nothing wrong, there are lots of things that we choose not to share with others. And if it is something that's wrong, well - we all do things that are wrong, on various levels, and we're hopefully working on it.

Again, not saying I agree with the OP (does that term apply when referring to someone in the middle of the comments on a post from Dan? Well, you know what I mean), but not sure where the vehemence on your side is coming from.

What I plan on answering him (if I ever get around to it) is quite simple: everyone is entitled to their likes and dislikes, and furthermore, you can keep them private if you wish. But... let's say you make a living selling cigarettes in your basement, but publicly you vehemently condemn them and those that smoke them, carrying on and on about the dangers of smoking... does that not make you a world-class hypocrite?

The Internet (and to a lesser extent, DansDeals/churning) is something that has its lovers and its haters. If you wish to abstain from it, or partake quietly without making a fuss, that's fine. But secretly making a living off of it while publicly deriding it as "phooey, shmutzig Internet" or "bittul zman", or better yet "it doesn't pas for me to bee seen condoning its existence in public" - THAT is unacceptable to me. To put on your "tzaddik face" in public, and to actively say "this is why I want a webinar - so I can continue hiding"... OH EM EFF GEE. You have some nerve.

And another thing: IMO, it's a personal insult to Dan, and a slap in his face. Imagine I went to an artist and said "I really enjoy your paintings, I have tons of them at home! But when polite company comes by, I make sure to hide all the paintings, because I don't think it "pas"es for them to see that I like your work" - how do you think that artist would feel?! If I then said to him "so I'd like to have more paintings delivered to me concealed in a hollow broomstick, because I'm embarrassed for my neighbors to know I follow you" - do you think he's worthy of having the artist provide such a service?! Personally, if I were the artist, I would shove said broomstick "where the sun don't shine"...

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #956 on: May 08, 2013, 12:03:03 PM »
What I plan on answering him (if I ever get around to it) is quite simple: everyone is entitled to their likes and dislikes, and furthermore, you can keep them private if you wish. But... let's say you make a living selling cigarettes in your basement, but publicly you vehemently condemn them and those that smoke them, carrying on and on about the dangers of smoking... does that not make you a world-class hypocrite? The Internet (and to a lesser extent, DansDeals/churning) is something that has its lovers and its haters. If you wish to abstain from it, or partake quietly without making a fuss, that's fine. But secretly making a living off of it while publicly deriding it as "phooey, shmutzig Internet" or "bittul zman", or better yet "it doesn't pas for me to bee seen condoning its existence in public" - THAT is unacceptable to me. To put on your "tzaddik face" in public, and to actively say "this is why I want a webinar - so I can continue hiding"... OH EM EFF GEE. You have some nerve.

And another thing: IMO, it's a personal insult to Dan, and a slap in his face. Imagine I went to an artist and said "I really enjoy your paintings, I have tons of them at home! But when polite company comes by, I make sure to hide all the paintings, because I don't think it "pas"es for them to see that I like your work" - how do you think that artist would feel?! If I then said to him "so I'd like to have more paintings delivered to me concealed in a hollow broomstick, because I'm embarrassed for my neighbors to know I follow your work" - do you think he's worthy of having the artist provide such a service?! Personally, if I were the artist, I would shove said broomstick "where the sun don't shine"...

+1

I hear what you're saying. I don't think he meant any disrespect to Dan. I would guess he thinks it's fine what Dan is doing but just feels pressured from whatever circles he is traveling in at the moment.

I feel like you read a lot into this comment and just responded to an idea of what kind of guy you thought he was. And there's a good chance you basically have a general idea from his comment. But perhaps not.

Meanwhile I don't feel his comment warranted an "attack" like that. I hear your 'anger' and see you are bothered by what you wrote and I even agree with you. But I don't know that those feelings were really directed at him.
That's why I feel like you should talk to the guy first before letting out those feelings TOWARDS him.

And like I said on the main page, I think we can all understand the idea of feeling pressured to hide something especially in the religious circles. It's wrong. It's not good. It shouldn't be that way. But someone like that just needs more self esteem and belief in who they are and what they are doing.

Offline Moishebatchy

• View Profile
« Reply #957 on: May 08, 2013, 12:25:53 PM »
Meanwhile I don't feel his comment warranted an "attack" like that. I hear your 'anger' and see you are bothered by what you wrote and I even agree with you. But I don't know that those feelings were really directed at him.
That's why I feel like you should talk to the guy first before letting out those feelings TOWARDS him.

See, now this is where things get lost when putting words into text. I'm not angry, I'm just being very firm and assertive. :)

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #958 on: May 08, 2013, 12:36:54 PM »
See, now this is where things get lost when putting words into text. I'm not angry, I'm just being very firm and assertive. :)

Good to know. I suppose it could have been conveyed a bit nicer. :)

Offline rots5

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Custom Cakes for Every Occassion
« Reply #959 on: May 08, 2013, 12:46:36 PM »

no offense. I hate ppl that do that. Unless you print money a deal is a deal! I know a bit OT, but i don't get ppl who are "not into deals" or the connotation that its a 'frum/jewish' thing and that ppl are embarrassed about a deal. Im proud to say i flew a 27k flight for 75k points. Why should it be looked down upon?! Im appalled at ppl who think that its ok to spend full price rather then look for the deal.

Disclaimer: of course if its needed for any reason then its ok. But if one is being supported or even not, and has the time but says its a FFb thing...sickening.
If you have any questions please search and then ask. PM me for detailed help.