Author Topic: HOT! Enjoy life chocolate chips $3.83 for 5#  (Read 24246 times)

Offline CS1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • California Gourmet Premium Chocolate
  • Programs: DDSLA, DDSCLE, Bonvoy Titanium Feb 2025
Re: HOT! Enjoy life chocolate chips $3.83 for 5#
« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2016, 06:21:13 PM »
As you would expect.
The 5lb bag is very good for the price, easily beating most heimishe brands, and without any shady ingredients.
CG 51% > Enjoy life, by quite a bit, but the price difference makes it a unfair test.
72% doesn't really have competition that I know of, but it is very good. (Like a bar)

true -- it's a 5 lb bag listed as a price mistake for the price of one bag. In the stores, Enjoy Life is over $5-$6 per 9 oz. bag. Very expensive on the retail shelves and not so great tasting... 
California Gourmet Belgian Nut-Free Chocolate Chips https://bit.ly/CaliforniaGourmetDirect

Offline Zalc

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2016, 06:26:20 PM »
true -- it's a 5 lb bag listed as a price mistake for the price of one bag. In the stores, Enjoy Life is over $5-$6 per 9 oz. bag. Very expensive on the retail shelves and not so great tasting...
Yes, at retail price yours is the best bang for the buck as well, but that is a bit irrelevant in the context of this thread.

Offline wayfe

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2016, 06:38:45 PM »
Not related to the deal, but I find the highest quality chocolate chips brand to be Pascha.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned."
— Richard Feynman

Offline CS1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • California Gourmet Premium Chocolate
  • Programs: DDSLA, DDSCLE, Bonvoy Titanium Feb 2025
California Gourmet Belgian Nut-Free Chocolate Chips https://bit.ly/CaliforniaGourmetDirect

Offline wayfe

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2016, 08:26:51 PM »

yes, they look great and also $5-$6+ per 9 oz. bag -- I'm not familiar with that hechsher. Is that the Peruvian hechsher?
I think it's OU or star K
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned."
— Richard Feynman

Offline incendia

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2016, 08:36:18 PM »
yes, they look great and also $5-$6+ per 9 oz. bag -- I'm not familiar with that hechsher. Is that the Peruvian hechsher?
No its Earth Kosher and KLBD

http://paschachocolate.com/kosher/

Offline auntiemus

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 02, 2016, 03:32:58 AM »
My friend had a horrid experience (below), anyone know what we can do about this? anyone else got charged extra?

Follow up to the choc chip Amazon discussion earlier. just had a very surprising and frustrating Amazon experience. Sharing to raise ure awareness! Purchased choc chunks on lightening deal on Feb 14 via subscribe and save, 30 lbs for $24.01. Got my order today. Offered 3 Shluchos  a 5 lb bag each. Figured why not. They wanted to pay for it so I happened to look up to see how much I paid remembering it was very little but not knowing exact amount...
----
only to find out I was charged more than 10x the amount - 248$.
----
Called Amazon. They said the order was canceled  on May 17 (just before shipping)  and reordered at full price. I certainly didn't do that. They confirmed that it could have been them bec price was way too low. They apologized for not informing me but said they cannot do anything about it. No refunds bec no returns on food items. And they would absolutely not adjust price. Says it was most likely system error and they don't have to match it. Never mind that this deal has happened at least twice already and was advertised as lightening deal. Spoke to supervisor and team manager. No help. No more subscribe and save for me. Lost my trust. It's known that prices fluctuate after your first order but your first order should be guaranteed. Disputed with Amex. Will see what happens.

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 02, 2016, 04:07:31 AM »
My friend had a horrid experience (below), anyone know what we can do about this? anyone else got charged extra?

Follow up to the choc chip Amazon discussion earlier. just had a very surprising and frustrating Amazon experience. Sharing to raise ure awareness! Purchased choc chunks on lightening deal on Feb 14 via subscribe and save, 30 lbs for $24.01. Got my order today. Offered 3 Shluchos  a 5 lb bag each. Figured why not. They wanted to pay for it so I happened to look up to see how much I paid remembering it was very little but not knowing exact amount...
----
----
Called Amazon. They said the order was canceled  on May 17 (just before shipping)  and reordered at full price. I certainly didn't do that. They confirmed that it could have been them bec price was way too low. They apologized for not informing me but said they cannot do anything about it. No refunds bec no returns on food items. And they would absolutely not adjust price. Says it was most likely system error and they don't have to match it. Never mind that this deal has happened at least twice already and was advertised as lightening deal. Spoke to supervisor and team manager. No help. No more subscribe and save for me. Lost my trust. It's known that prices fluctuate after your first order but your first order should be guaranteed. Disputed with Amex. Will see what happens.
What price was on the shipping confirmation?

Offline ben89

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 02, 2016, 07:12:31 AM »

----
----
i had the same thing happen but i saw the price change once i changed the shipping date so I cancelled the order before it shipped bh. Did you change the shipping date more than once?

Offline peroneustertius

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 02, 2016, 08:10:58 AM »
i had the same thing happen but i saw the price change once i changed the shipping date so I cancelled the order before it shipped bh. Did you change the shipping date more than once?
same thing happened to me as well. I argued with several reps but they all gave me the run around so I as well canceled my order before it shipped. I was frustrated as well but I didn't feel like it was worth fighting with them further about chocolate chips.

Offline ben89

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 02, 2016, 08:36:45 AM »
same thing happened to me as well. I argued with several reps but they all gave me the run around so I as well canceled my order before it shipped. I was frustrated as well but I didn't feel like it was worth fighting with them further about chocolate chips.
+1 but i got them to give me a $5 credit to my account  ;)

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #111 on: June 02, 2016, 08:46:38 AM »
If you select to skip this delivery you also skip the price and choose to purchase it for whatever the price is next month.

Or so I think. Have to have it in front of me to be sure. But in short that's likely what happened and whether you like it or not is technically not Amazon's fault for you skipping a delivery.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline donedeal12

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle
« Reply #112 on: June 02, 2016, 08:47:43 AM »
If You don't cancel the first one you lock in the price for future orders?

Offline Geshmak25

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 02, 2016, 08:49:21 AM »
If you select to skip this delivery you also skip the price and choose to purchase it for whatever the price is next month.

Or so I think. Have to have it in front of me to be sure. But in short that's likely what happened and whether you like it or not is technically not Amazon's fault for you skipping a delivery.
I believe that this is correct. Also if you change the shipping name/address. But if you change the delivery date for your whole order then the original price should still be in place.
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline emak

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 02, 2016, 08:53:56 AM »
How can i confirm the price before it ships out?

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #115 on: June 02, 2016, 08:57:07 AM »
If You don't cancel the first one you lock in the price for future orders?
No. When you subscribe you get that price for the first order, if you skip it you lose it, and it will go by the current price on the date of shipping your later order.

Offline 3yummyboys

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 02, 2016, 09:11:18 AM »
No. When you subscribe you get that price for the first order, if you skip it you lose it, and it will go by the current price on the date of shipping your later order.

From above posts, it looks like Amazon canceled some orders and reordered at new price without informing customer.

How can they do that?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #117 on: June 02, 2016, 09:19:27 AM »
If you ordered in February it would have shipped by March at the latest unless you opted to skip an order.

Tons of these were ordered and I didn't hear of any amazon cancellations.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 02, 2016, 09:19:44 AM »

From above posts, it looks like Amazon canceled some orders and reordered at new price without informing customer.

How can they do that?
I don't mean to tell people what happened and being charged $250 is a nightmare situation. But in all likelihood I call BS.

They didn't realize you have to change delivery date so instead they skipped the first delivery and assumed the next delivery would be the same price, and thinking they did nothing wrong they complained to Amazon reps that don't know how their website works and told them it seems we cancelled and reordered it right before shipping, which is exactly what is supposed to happen with S&S items for their subsequent deliveries after the first one...

Offline donedeal12

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle
« Reply #119 on: June 02, 2016, 09:22:29 AM »
Does it automatically go by the price on the date it ships?