Author Topic: LY looking into purchasing new planes  (Read 4332 times)

Offline Drago

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
Re: LY looking into purchasing new planes
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2015, 11:12:24 AM »
The lack of competition in MIA does not make up for the fact that the large majority of MIA<>TLV traffic would be O/D.

Better to have a 100 lb pie (of connecting and O/D traffic) divided four ways, then to have a 10 lb piece all to yourself.
W/ Miami being an AA hub with a great network to S. America, why would you assume it'll be mainly O/D?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2015, 11:50:14 AM »
W/ Miami being an AA hub with a great network to S. America, why would you assume it'll be mainly O/D?

I'm not saying MIA<>TLV won't be there first TLV route, nor am I saying there would be NO connecting traffic via MIA to SA. I'm simply saying my hunch is that the majority on the TLV<>MIA route will be O/D.

And even from an O/D perspective, not including the connecting traffic, NYC dwarfs MIA.

2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2015, 11:54:15 AM »
Further, the only advantage to AA of a MIA<>TLV route for connecting pax is only to the secondary SA cities. For cities like GRU and EZE, AA will have to compete against all the EU carriers, LH, TK, LX, BA, AF.

A person flying TLV-???-GRU has no benefit to flying via MIA, especially since connecting in the US is more of a pain.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline jaywhy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2015, 12:43:33 PM »
I know plenty of people of people in SA who would rather connect in USA, rather than EU. Don't ask me why though.