Author Topic: Energy Plus Master Thread  (Read 42793 times)

Offline Zalmy2

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Os this churnable?

Offline Fan of Dan

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
I signed up for Energy plus in 2011 and got the 15K miles to then Continenal. I switched right after and recently signed up again with a link for american for 15k. The miles did not post so I called up and was told that I already got the Continental miles. I logged into my UA account and saw that I got 72 miles for the energy portion of my bill, so I guess since they still have me on file, it is not churnable.

Offline Fan of Dan

• View Profile
Os this churnable?
As a follow up if it is the same account number as the first you will not get it. I signed up under my wife's name the 2nd time and did not get the bonus.

Offline skyguy918

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Just received a class action settlement notice for Energy Plus, related to deceptive marketing practices. Looks like I'll be getting an extra $75 for my 2 months with them. Anyone else get this in the mail?

Offline SBS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 27
    • View Profile
I was suckered into them two years ago and switched. I didn't get any postcard in the mail. How can I claim?
Available for Sha'alos

Offline Shreknit

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Stay away from these things most of them like the famous ambit lower you for a month or 2 then raise you even higher than original rates without you paying attention and they're usually not easy to cancel!

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Stay away from these things most of them like the famous ambit lower you for a month or 2 then raise you even higher than original rates without you paying attention and they're usually not easy to cancel!
In NY their rate is a guaranteed 1 cent lower than ConEd/O&R/whoever your provider is.

Offline Shreknit

• View Profile
In NY their rate is a guaranteed 1 cent lower than ConEd/O&R/whoever your provider is.

Are you talking about ambit?

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile

Offline jl6647

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile

all of them including Ambit will end up being pricier then Con Ed, with or without their so called guaranties, (speaking from experience...)  save yourself time and money and stay with con Ed 

Offline eliteflyer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Class Action Settlement For EnergyPlus Customers
« Reply #170 on: April 20, 2013, 11:12:49 PM »
I received a post card in the mail regarding a class-action settlement involving EnergyPlus relating to its allegedly deceptive marketing practices. Check your mail for the card. You can complete the required info online using the code on the post card. According to the webpage, I will be receiving a check for $75. As I recall, I was only a customer for 2-3 months. If you were with them longer, your settlement amount might be more.

Offline Shreknit

• View Profile
 all of them including Ambit will end up being pricier then Con Ed, with or without their so called guaranties, (speaking from experience...)  save yourself time and money and stay with con Ed
+1 trust me from personal experience

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
Correction: 1 percent,  not 1 cent.

What was your experience?  If they mistakenly bill you at a higher rate one month, they send you a refund check for the difference.
(The electric company can change their rate last second and leave ambit at a higher.  )

You didn't get a refund check?

Offline Shreknit

• View Profile
They are major scammers we looked at a years worth of con Ed bills and 6 months of ambit and we got taken for a ride. Including added changes to the pricing

Offline Deal Guy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
They are major scammers we looked at a years worth of con Ed bills and 6 months of ambit and we got taken for a ride. Including added changes to the pricing
There is absolutely NO added pricing. Just the charge+ sales tax, just like coned themselves..

Offline Shreknit

• View Profile
I wish i still had the bills btw if you don't belive me

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/utilities/ambit.html

Offline Shreknit

• View Profile

Offline Shreknit

• View Profile
And again

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=145709

There's tons more just saying I know a few people who left the company even though they were making good money because they were getting complaint after complaint from family and friends

Offline Deal Guy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
NY is hard to moniter month by month, but they have a savings guarantee over '12' months, meaning you must stay with them for 12 months for them to refund you if they weren't at least 1% cheaper. Shreknit, your above '6' month example, even if proven to be true, doesnt qualify for the savings GUARANTEE.

In NJ their 12 month fixed plan is 100% cheaper than jcp&l by around 15%, and you wont find anyone to dispute that.

Offline Shreknit

• View Profile
NY is hard to moniter month by month, but they have a savings guarantee over '12' months, meaning you must stay with them for 12 months for them to refund you if they weren't at least 1% cheaper. Shreknit, your above '6' month example, even if proven to be true, doesnt qualify for the savings GUARANTEE.

In NJ their 12 month fixed plan is 100% cheaper than jcp&l by around 15%, and you wont find anyone to dispute that.
if true why are they regarded as a scam all over the Internet including websites I posted ?