Author Topic: Energy Plus Master Thread  (Read 42736 times)

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
Re: jetblue partnership with energy plus
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2011, 11:32:04 AM »
Just do a search of Energy plus, either on this site or on Google. Many stories like that.
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline FlyFirst

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2011, 01:57:03 PM »
Just do a search of Energy plus, either on this site or on Google. Many stories like that.
I was about to switch to Energy plus, and someone experience in this field told me I should stay away because after a few months the delivery charge will get very high...

Offline Yosel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2011, 05:37:12 PM »
was screwd by them as well

Offline Finckmyster

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2011, 06:08:20 PM »
Delta is offering 7,500 Miles and I know someone that had a issue with them

Remember they need to charge more due to the fact they buy it from Con-ED

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2011, 07:47:29 PM »
This is a total scam, I wonder how they get away with it.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline josh nyc

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2011, 09:53:53 PM »
So I had an esco about 2 years ago and after 3 or so months my electric bills exploded and it took my a few months to figure it all out and then i canceled the esco..i just signed up with energy plus last week and I do think they are somewhat scammy. I was thinking to ride it out for 3 months, bank the miles and move on...now im not so sure anymore

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Looks like they've upped their game, many more offerings now. Each one has a 5k bonus after 2 months and 2 points per $.

Marriot Rewards, Priority Club, Starwood Preferred Guest, Wyndham Rewards, Amtrak Guest Rewards, AAdvantage, Skymiles, True Blue, Mileage Plus, and Dividend Miles.

HHonors gets 3 points per $, and so does OnePass if you have a Continental credit or debit card.

I actually got an offer from AA with a 7500 bonus, so I think I'm gonna do that, but otherwise the frontrunners would have to SPG, then maybe Hilton or CO.

Offline Side incomer

• View Profile
I had this electric plan for a half year, and checked every month with con edison to see whose rates are higher, they usually were double priced per therm. When I changed back to con edison the price dropped dramatically. so be aware.
Side income is the most solid income... בדוק ומנוסה

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
I had this electric plan for a half year, and checked every month with con edison to see whose rates are higher, they usually were double priced per therm. When I changed back to con edison the price dropped dramatically. so be aware.
Yup, it's a known scam.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
Yup, it's a known scam.

Well, it definitely can be worthwhile for the first 2 months (to get the bonus) depending on how much more you actually end up paying. If your bill goes from $75 to $100 then over 2 months you'll have paid $50 for at least 5000 starpoints (1 cpp sounds good to me). But obviously if your electric usage is much higher, and it turns out your total bill for the 2 month cost you an extra $150, then you start to stretch the limit of what people would pay for a starpoint.

Like I said, I got an offer for 7500 AA miles, and my electric bills have been very low. So even if it doubles it'll probably have been worth the price. After I get the points I'll switch to another provider.

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
for the first two months its 7 percent lower than con ed. so worth it to switch for bonus and switch back
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline Zeeeeks

• View Profile
Yup, it's a known scam.
+1 I deal with this for a very large corporation. Unless you get a guaranteed rate, you could end up paying more then double the utility provider.

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
Has anyone had trouble switching from Energy Plus back to ConEd? It seems like a no brainer to switch for 2 months and then switch back.

Offline Fan of Dan

• View Profile
They are supposedly a scam

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
They are supposedly a scam

Not really adding anything with that comment. Read the rest of the thread.

I'm saying even if they're a scam, it's been said that they only raise the rates after the first 2 months, which is also how long it takes to get the bonus, and therefore worth signing up and then switching after 2 months. But if anyone has had experience with them and they give you a hard time switching back, then I'd have second thoughts.

Offline Spiffster

• View Profile
This will work if you time it correctly.  it can take 1-2 months to change your generation provider - because it depends on when your bill's closing date is and when you signup.  Call your EDC and ask them what the best day for you to change is to align with your bill.  This will help so you can change right at 2 bills worth from them and get back to whomever you want without having to wait an extra billing cycle.  You can even explain what you're doing and they will help you plan it out.  The csr you'll talk to doesn't care.

The big "gotcha" factor with them is they offer a variable rate plan - not a fixed price plan.  So, the amount will change every month (although mine didn't) and when it goes up, it goes up.  That's how people are getting burned.  If you don't use much electricity, your exposure is limited.  Also, check to make sure there's no early termination fee (etf) on the contract page.  there shouldn't be.

To figure out the price you'll pay, look at your bill and figure out the price difference per KWH and then do the math based on your electrical usage.  I use about 2000 KWH per month and my bill is around $300 month.  I was kinda worried but I had a backup plan I didn't need and it worked out OK.  They were a half cent higher for the 2 months when I did them earlier in the year.  That's a dollar per month.  I didn't even notice it on the bill.  I switched right back and the miles were worth it.  That was with Delta.  I just signed up again using American.  I hope it goes through - it should because there's no "first-time customer" or "can earn bonus only one time" language on the forms I submitted.

Offline Twin

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
this is a scam. there are legt was to save on your gas and electric bill you could save as much as 20% if your intrested you could email or pm me
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 07:54:40 PM by Twin »

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
this is a scam. there are legt was to save on your gas and electric bill you could save as much as 20% if your intrested you could email or pm me

If it's legit, why not post it here? Don't tell me you're involved with Ambit MLM :(
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline josh nyc

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile

No one here said this is a great way to save on your bill, its a way to earn miles on your bill.

Im on my second round with energy plus. Yes the bill is higher than not having an esco but as long as I keep it to under 1cpm its an ok deal. And I shut off and unplug everything I can while I'm on Eplus. More headache than what its worth imo so I doubt I would do it again. I was just a sucker bc the first time it was 5k and then they sent me a promo a few months back for 10k. So if I pull 11k miles total (roughly - bc you get miles on the supply portion as well) I need to ensure I spend less than $110 more than I would have on Con Ed for the two months I have Eplus and I'm coming out ahead even for AA miles

Offline muttman

• View Profile
No one here said this is a great way to save on your bill, its a way to earn miles on your bill.

Im on my second round with energy plus. Yes the bill is higher than not having an esco but as long as I keep it to under 1cpm its an ok deal. And I shut off and unplug everything I can while I'm on Eplus. More headache than what its worth imo so I doubt I would do it again. I was just a sucker bc the first time it was 5k and then they sent me a promo a few months back for 10k. So if I pull 11k miles total (roughly - bc you get miles on the supply portion as well) I need to ensure I spend less than $110 more than I would have on Con Ed for the two months I have Eplus and I'm coming out ahead even for AA miles

+1
My electric bill in the winter months are from $35-55. This would be very worth it
I take no responsibility for the results of your actions