Author Topic: FREE BMI Diamond Silver Status  (Read 21146 times)

Offline Columbiadorm

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive Elite, Delta Silver Medallion, SPG Gold
Re: FREE BMI Diamond Silver Status
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2011, 11:46:51 AM »
Just spoke with AA regarding the status match. Here is what she sent me:

Thanks for speaking with me today about the special opportunity we are offering for you to obtain American Airlines AAdvantageŽ elite status without meeting the standard qualification requirements. In order to proceed, please provide us with documentation reflecting the elite status level you have in the frequent flier program we discussed.

This documentation must reflect your name and elite status level for the 2011 Membership Year and could be in the form of a dated elite membership card or a copy or screen shot of your most recent account summary. In addition, please provide your AAdvantage number and your preferred phone number in case follow-up is necessary.

If you wish to email this documentation back to us, please be sure to "Reply" to this message - and for prompt service, do not change the subject line. Simply include a copy of your documentation in any of the following formats, not to exceed 1 mb:

.pdf
          .tif
          .jpg
          .bmp

If you prefer not to send us email, you may FAX copies of your documentation to (817) 963-7882. Be sure to include your AAdvantage number and your preferred phone number.

Please note it is not necessary to send us both an email and a FAX - one or the other will be sufficient. In either case, you can expect to hear from us within approximately one week of receipt of your credentials.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard your next American Airlines flight - as a valued elite member with all of the benefits and privileges that status affords. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Katherine Beckley
AAdvantage Customer Service

Is this normal or should she have just done this for me via phone? I sent her a screenshot.. She said I'd get an answer within 7 days... any reason why they won't match it?

Thx

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16441
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2011, 11:55:37 AM »
How could she do it over the phone without any proof?
Let us know what happens!

Of course the real trick will be to get Delta Gold out of BMI Silver (though that was likely a fluke) and then mAAtch to AA Plat.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Columbiadorm

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive Elite, Delta Silver Medallion, SPG Gold
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2011, 11:58:27 AM »

Of course the real trick will be to get Delta Gold out of BMI Silver (though that was likely a fluke) and then mAAtch to AA Plat.

"trust me.... ::)" ????

I sent her the screen shot which shows my name up top and the status and #.

I'll update when i hear back from them...

Thx Dan

Offline E

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2011, 12:01:28 PM »

CO gold matches to AAplat?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2011, 12:08:10 PM »
CO gold matches to AAplat?
Yes.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Columbiadorm

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2011, 12:09:55 PM »
Yes.

Hmm.. i already sent in for AA. if i get the Delta AA will think i'm crazy for getting upped twice for a Status match within a week.. no?

Offline jong

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2011, 12:15:39 PM »
the page just redirects to the homepage when i click on submit, no confirmation or anything... is it over?

Offline BAHayman

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Re: FREE BMI Diamond Silver Status
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2011, 12:20:13 PM »
Hmm.. i already sent in for AA. if i get the Delta AA will think i'm crazy for getting upped twice for a Status match within a week.. no?

Can't you only status match once?

Offline Ryan

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2011, 12:28:33 PM »
thanks, signed up! would it make sense to sign up for the rest of my family as well?
If the rest of your family will be flying without you in the next year then it definitely makes sense! It will also give you more opportunities to play with status matching.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2011, 12:29:16 PM »
the page just redirects to the homepage when i click on submit, no confirmation or anything... is it over?
http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/13155/comment-page-2#comment-78949

Can't you only status match once?
Generally speaking.

Offline Ryan

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2011, 12:31:59 PM »
I have a feeling that this will either stop working or accounts will get shut down when so many people sign up.
I don't see why it would. It will only be offered for a limited time anyway. It is a legitimate promotion to encourage people to sign up for their ff club. I have been using it thanks to Dan for the past year without any issues. It is just surprising that other airlines allow you to status match BMI without making you show your statement to prove that you have actually earned the status legitimately.

Offline sprint

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2011, 12:59:45 PM »
Anyone do it and see the confirmation screen? Is there a confirmation screen?

Offline Ryan

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2011, 01:12:53 PM »
Anyone do it and see the confirmation screen? Is there a confirmation screen?
You'll get a confirmation e-mail that asks you to activate your account. The "confirmation page" basically just informs you that they'll be sending you an activation e-mail.

Offline Mocha

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2011, 01:30:38 PM »
I'm confused Dan. Back in the old post when you put this up, people were commenting how they got an email saying that they needed proof that they were eligible for that promotion....why would this be any different?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2011, 01:34:39 PM »
I'm confused Dan. Back in the old post when you put this up, people were commenting how they got an email saying that they needed proof that they were eligible for that promotion....why would this be any different?
They never actually needed proof last time.  Nobody got demoted.