Author Topic: FBI Raids Orthodox Homes  (Read 237261 times)

Offline chevron

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: FBI Raids Orthodox Homes and Businesses in Monsey and KJ
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2016, 11:09:09 PM »
Look, take WIC... now if a newly delivered mother abuses the finances on wic but buys LEGIT food... the feds arent going to bust your ass. But if you claim to have 19 kids and sell the WIC benefits to buy crack... i'd imagine the chances are stronger of getting arrested.

Use the system, I didnt create it, it exists, I pay taxes.. such is life.

Why abuse it ? its like having a <redacted> at home and you go out and pay an ugly <redacted> !!

They could have found a way to work with the system or pass on the grants. They listened to their yetzer harah.. and I am by no means righteous but dont feed me such BS on how they felt they were doing the right thing.

The Lubavitcher Rebbe tore in to Shas for supporting oslo for $ for yeshivot saying such money is so dirty, you cannot even use it to buy toilets for a yeshiva.

JAEEZ, how sad is it, from a generation that held america as medinah shel chesed to a generation that takes a legit program and abuses it.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 08:43:48 AM by jj1000 »

Offline efflpetzel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2016, 01:09:30 AM »

Offline tzifanya54

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2016, 01:36:38 AM »
No, do not delete it. It had to be said.
U took care of that!  ;D

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2016, 01:37:58 AM »
I removed it out of respect for the person I was quoting since he deleted his post.

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2016, 01:40:21 AM »
I removed it out of respect for the person I was quoting since he deleted his post.
Thanks.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline David Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2016, 01:46:45 AM »
Unfortunately they've had a lot of time since those reports to cover their tracks.  Hopefully not good enough...
Those two Jewish boys in your profile picture would be proud of you. Down with the Hasids, those backwards Zhidden.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline ShlockDoc

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2016, 08:34:40 AM »
Those two Jewish boys in your profile picture would be proud of you. Down with the Hasids, those backwards Zhidden.

I think you misunderstood.  Down with Chassidic criminals.  And in fact, down with MO criminals, down with Conservative, reform, reconstructionist criminals, down with Christian criminals, down with Muslim criminals, atheist criminals etc. etc.   Do you not agree?

« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 09:05:08 AM by ShlockDoc »

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2016, 09:01:00 AM »

I think you misunderstood.  Down with criminals.  Do you not agree?

FTFY
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline ShlockDoc

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2016, 09:06:31 AM »

FTFY

Agreed.  That's why I don't understand the invective and name calling.  Freddie and David Smith are mad that I hope these criminals get what's coming to them?  I don't get it...

Offline sharkky

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2016, 09:23:08 AM »
Agreed.  That's why I don't understand the invective and name calling.  Freddie and David Smith are mad that I hope these criminals get what's coming to them?  I don't get it...
maybe they consider the accused to be their "brothers"   So its vry easy to hope they get away with it
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 09:38:55 AM by sharkky »

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2016, 10:25:08 AM »

Just because someone might be a criminal doesn't mean you wanna throw the book at them.
If your cousin did something wrong, do you want them to get the maximum sentence?
Or maybe just enough to learn heir lesson, if that much?

But anyways, who knows if they're guilty or not, or what their intentions were?

Maybe thy found a loophole that makes it legal (yet still immoral).
Maybe they used the money to save their school from shutting down?

Again this doesn't excuse their actions but it's still deplorable to say what you have said about other Jews. You have your damned coexist tag line to get attention for supposedly caring about the world, but if you can't care for your own, your synpathy is not worth a damn. In fact in your case, as you have proven time and agin, it simply means that you're a self-hating Jew so it's easy to like anyone else more.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 10:28:51 AM by yuneeq »
Visibly Jewish

Offline Aaaron

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2016, 10:32:27 AM »
Again this doesn't excuse their actions but it's still deplorable to say what you have said about other Jews. You have your damned coexist tag line to get attention for supposedly caring about the world, but if you can't care for your own, your synpathy is not worth a damn. In fact in your case, as you have proven time and agin, it simply means that you're a self-hating Jew so it's easy to like anyone else more.

Link?

Offline chulent613

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2016, 10:35:21 AM »
Just because it seems that something fishy is going on I'm not convinced that it's nearly as bad as it sounds.
It's possible that being there are a lot of new Jewish schools / buildings they can get lots of funding for low voltage wiring that can cost lots more then some established public school in Newark buying a few extra computers.
Correct me if I'm way off.

Offline stbaum

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2016, 10:56:38 AM »
Not shocking at all, this was obviously going to happen.

http://forward.com/news/175087/orthodox-town-of-lakewood-grabs-bigger-computer-su/#todayilearned|thenewyorkgod

https://www.reddit.com/r/todayilearned/comments/3f0pir/

i got stuck in the comments. my fave:

[–]SaxifrageRussel 921 points 7 months ago*
Here's how it goes:
Secular - not religious, loves Seinfeld, eats latkes, might use some Yiddish.
Reform - goes to Temple, most of the service is in English, almost never keep kosher. Celebrate the High Holy Days and Hannukah.
Conservative- may or may not keep kosher, service is almost all Hebrew, all prayers are in Hebrew, usually celebrate most holidays
Orthodox - kosher, follows more rules, no touching opposite sex non-family. Goes to temple a lot.
Hasidic - <language redacted by mod> crazies.
Edit: Not all Hasids are <language redacted by mod> crazy. But wearing that getup in summer is regular crazy.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 12:57:53 PM by jj1000 »
My greatest achievement? I am fluent in FRIENDS quotes

Offline lubaby

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2016, 11:04:19 AM »
i got stuck in the comments. my fave:
And then you get the breakdown of the average crowd we have here   ::)

[–]hibijee1 535 points 7 months ago*
Haha, well put. But you forgot that regular "hasidics" are crazy-lite, meaning there are degrees of crazy Hasidic.

There's the hippy breslev hassidic, relatively tame. They play a lot of music, and dance. They are generally a very happy bunch.

Then chabad, also a very happy bunch. Some strict ones can be crazy, but most are 'moderates' that are actually really charitable and open to non-Jews, as well as secular Jews (both of which are seen as one and the same by Charedim.)

Edit:
After Chabad, it gets crazy.
Charedim: despised by the majority in Israel. They don't contribute much, and leech off welfare. The most ridiculous part about it is that until very recently they were exempt from compulsory military service.. They actually viewed themselves as doing gods work and as such secular people should be thanking them for doing their "part" in national security (this is their level of delusion). These are the types of people who live in secluded areas like the ones described in the article.

Then you really go off the deep end when you talk about satmar Hasidim (shudders) or the batshit crazy, theocratic neturei karta.

Satmar (white stockings for men, big round furry hats) . Very isolationist, very, very strict religious rules (many have an entirely separate kitchen for Passover that they only use two weeks of the year)
They do not usually leech of welfare, unlike the previously described groups, Satmar often have a lot of old money in their group, mainly from gold and real estate. They are usually very white/ginger, many can trace their lineage back to a few small European villages. Inbreeding was pretty common with them until not so long ago when they were educated about the genetic diseases that ran rampant in their circles.

I won't even describe Neturei Karta because they are just the fringe of the fringe, basically theocrats who are full of hate. They are the only ones who can be legitimately compared to WBC.

There are many levels of hassidic crazy.

Offline David Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2016, 11:10:11 AM »
How come if I tell Dan the Jewish kids in his profile picture would be proud of him; he'd be happy. If you tell me the Jews in my profile picture would be proud of me, I'd be happy. I tell you the Jewish boys in your profile pic would be proud of you, and you get insulted. I don't get it.....
JTZ

Offline stbaum

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2016, 11:13:27 AM »
And then you get the breakdown of the average crowd we have here   ::)

oh em gee serious alol-ing here  ;D

FTR Satmar leeches plenty. here is a quote from the KJ page in Wikipedia:

According to 2008 census figures, the village has the highest poverty rate in the nation, and the largest percentage of residents who receive food stamps. More than five-eighths of Kiryas Joel residents live below the federal poverty line and more than 40 percent receive food stamps, according to the American Community Survey, a U.S. Census Bureau study of every place in the country with 20,000 residents or more.[4] A 2011 New York Times report noted that, despite the town's very high statistical poverty rates, "It has no slums or homeless people. No one who lives there is shabbily dressed or has to go hungry. Crime is virtually nonexistent."
My greatest achievement? I am fluent in FRIENDS quotes

Offline ShlockDoc

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2016, 11:18:16 AM »
How come if I tell Dan the Jewish kids in his profile picture would be proud of him; he'd be happy. If you tell me the Jews in my profile picture would be proud of me, I'd be happy. I tell you the Jewish boys in your profile pic would be proud of you, and you get insulted. I don't get it.....

Um, that didn't insult me.  What left me more confused than insulted was the comment that you deleted (I've included it below to remind you).   In all sincerity, can you please explain the rage?  Why is it bad to hope that criminals not get away with their crimes irrespective of their religion.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 11:23:08 AM by ShlockDoc »

Offline rileywiles23

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2016, 11:19:22 AM »
 no need to link profanity here.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 11:25:15 AM by rileywiles23 »
Life is as good as you make it...

Offline David Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2016, 11:28:12 AM »
Um, that didn't insult me.  What left me more confused than insulted was the comment that you deleted (I've included it below to remind you).   In all sincerity, can you please explain the rage?  Why is it bad to hope that criminals not get away with their crimes irrespective of their religion.
Because everyone else's reaction was "Oy. Some people may go to jail. I hope it turns out they were innocent."
Your reaction was "Oy. Some people may not go to jail. I hope they're found guilty."
JTZ