Author Topic: FBI Raids Orthodox Homes  (Read 237406 times)

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: FBI Raids Orthodox Homes
« Reply #960 on: July 06, 2017, 02:45:43 PM »
Very interesting. What constitutes "extremely high CC usage" approx.? Also, which askonim are you referring to?
A godd example would be someone spending $10,000 each month and paying the bill while only reporting $5000 in income.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline ttn

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: July 06, 2017, 02:52:02 PM »
Would they only look into high credit card spending if they had other reasons to look into that person before?

Offline Menachem613

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: July 06, 2017, 02:53:35 PM »
Would they only look into high credit card spending if they had other reasons to look into that person before?

I would think it's only used as additional evidence of fraud. 

Offline Toasted

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: July 06, 2017, 02:55:08 PM »
I doubt they can summon all cc records of all of lkwd and hit ms'ers. It's something they can check if they're already investigating.

Here's the rule of thumb:

Online yoohoo

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: July 06, 2017, 04:31:10 PM »
A godd example would be someone spending $10,000 each month and paying the bill while only reporting $5000 in income.
another thing they may look at is the reported income on CC application.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: July 06, 2017, 04:32:41 PM »
Highly doubt it. Unless you're messing around with the banks.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #966 on: July 06, 2017, 04:32:48 PM »
Possibly but unlikely since it is really meanless with no real standards as to what can be included.

Offline flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #967 on: July 06, 2017, 04:34:29 PM »
For immediate publication, please publish, you have my permission to publish - For Verification Rev. Dr. Eric Hafner- 1001 Fischer Blvd Unit 155, Toms River, NJ 08753 eric@erichafner.com (email is best way to reach, if you need phone please email) ) -____________
Dear Editor,

It is highly suspicious to observe only Orthodox Jews being prosecuted, with mugshots being plastered across to the media, in what Ocean County Prosecutor Joseph Coronato has termed as a crackdown on welfare fraud in Lakewood. Not a single-member of Lakewood's large Mexican immigrant population, who are often paid in cash and lacking lawful immigration status are being accused of such fraud.

It is improbable that in a town-wide crackdown, the only offenders would be from the Orthodox community. While convicted sex offenders charged with new crimes have been released with no bail in Ocean County, some of the Lakewood residents charged in this prosecution (which appears to be a persecution), have been forced to pay $100,000 bail in order to secure their pre-trial release.

In 2015, Ocean County Prosecutor Joseph Coronato declined to prosecute the neo-nazi daughter of a NJ State Trooper who tweeted threats to bomb and run over members of Lakewood's Orthodox Jewish community with her car, with photos of her prospective targets, including young Jewish children. In 2010, Amit Bornstein, a Jewish man from Marlboro died in the Monmouth County Jail after being beaten by Sheriff's Officers. Anti-semitism has long been a problem among law enforcement in New Jersey, and these recent events show that it has yet to be addressed.

Rev. Dr. Eric Hafner Recent Candidate for U.S. Congress Toms River, NJ

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: July 06, 2017, 04:51:43 PM »
For immediate publication, please publish, you have my permission to publish - For Verification Rev. Dr. Eric Hafner- 1001 Fischer Blvd Unit 155, Toms River, NJ 08753 eric@erichafner.com (email is best way to reach, if you need phone please email) ) -____________
Dear Editor,

It is highly suspicious to observe only Orthodox Jews being prosecuted, with mugshots being plastered across to the media, in what Ocean County Prosecutor Joseph Coronato has termed as a crackdown on welfare fraud in Lakewood. Not a single-member of Lakewood's large Mexican immigrant population, who are often paid in cash and lacking lawful immigration status are being accused of such fraud.

It is improbable that in a town-wide crackdown, the only offenders would be from the Orthodox community. While convicted sex offenders charged with new crimes have been released with no bail in Ocean County, some of the Lakewood residents charged in this prosecution (which appears to be a persecution), have been forced to pay $100,000 bail in order to secure their pre-trial release.

In 2015, Ocean County Prosecutor Joseph Coronato declined to prosecute the neo-nazi daughter of a NJ State Trooper who tweeted threats to bomb and run over members of Lakewood's Orthodox Jewish community with her car, with photos of her prospective targets, including young Jewish children. In 2010, Amit Bornstein, a Jewish man from Marlboro died in the Monmouth County Jail after being beaten by Sheriff's Officers. Anti-semitism has long been a problem among law enforcement in New Jersey, and these recent events show that it has yet to be addressed.

Rev. Dr. Eric Hafner Recent Candidate for U.S. Congress Toms River, NJ
#fakenews
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #969 on: July 06, 2017, 04:54:16 PM »
What's fake? Is there no such person?

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #970 on: July 06, 2017, 04:55:04 PM »
This guy is trying to get himself on the map to get into a political position of any sort so he can work on legalizing marijuana. He will say any stupidity he thinks will help him in that direction.

Offline flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #971 on: July 06, 2017, 04:56:24 PM »
Got it. Still think his message counteracts some of the vitriol.

Offline Mountain Man

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: July 06, 2017, 07:26:31 PM »
What I don't get about the APP article is that they mention the money like it's some huge egregious amount. I'm not condoning Medicaid fraud but the tone is much softer if they were to say "XXX Couple had 2 child deliveries and a dozen medical checkups over a 3 year period". I've worked with NJ Medicaid before in a former career. These amounts are likely not what Medicaid paid out. If I recall correctly I dealt with an indigent high acuity patient that billed over $1 million for the month and got $4,000 or so in reimbursement from NJ Medicaid. The amounts listed in this article likely may be much higher than the actual costs.

I don't know anything about these individuals and I don't want to know. I can say that Medicaid (especially after the affordable care act) can be very easy to get on and hard to get off. It is suspicious that it seems there is only one community in one township in the country that is in focus right now. On my way to work I pass dozens of homeless many of whom are constantly in emergency care (judging by the number of ambulances I see). How come FBI agents aren't going after them for needlessly abusing our welfare system? Why don't they also harass people who made poor life decisions requiring them to be wardens of the state? I'm not saying these families are innocent (though we should consider them so until proven guilty, right?) I am saying that they are a tiny drop in an ocean of Medicaid abusers.
Quote from: JTZ link=topic=10531.msg1695873
If you never had to eat crow then you lived one boring life.

Offline flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #973 on: July 06, 2017, 07:47:25 PM »
What I don't get about the APP article is that they mention the money like it's some huge egregious amount. I'm not condoning Medicaid fraud but the tone is much softer if they were to say "XXX Couple had 2 child deliveries and a dozen medical checkups over a 3 year period". I've worked with NJ Medicaid before in a former career. These amounts are likely not what Medicaid paid out. If I recall correctly I dealt with an indigent high acuity patient that billed over $1 million for the month and got $4,000 or so in reimbursement from NJ Medicaid. The amounts listed in this article likely may be much higher than the actual costs.

I don't know anything about these individuals and I don't want to know. I can say that Medicaid (especially after the affordable care act) can be very easy to get on and hard to get off. It is suspicious that it seems there is only one community in one township in the country that is in focus right now. On my way to work I pass dozens of homeless many of whom are constantly in emergency care (judging by the number of ambulances I see). How come FBI agents aren't going after them for needlessly abusing our welfare system? Why don't they also harass people who made poor life decisions requiring them to be wardens of the state? I'm not saying these families are innocent (though we should consider them so until proven guilty, right?) I am saying that they are a tiny drop in an ocean of Medicaid abusers.
Which is why some people are reading this effort as anti-Semitic. Not that the accused must be innocent, but the motivation here seems quite suspect.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: July 06, 2017, 08:07:57 PM »
Which is why some people are reading this effort as anti-Semitic. Not that the accused must be innocent, but the motivation here seems quite suspect.
I think it is a lot more involved. Probably payback for this. You know what they say about those that live in glass houses.  ;)
I just found a new supply of forks!

Online yoohoo

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #975 on: July 06, 2017, 08:52:12 PM »
You know what they say about those that live in glass houses.  ;)
.....Dont throw covfefe.

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #976 on: July 06, 2017, 09:15:00 PM »

I don't know anything about these individuals and I don't want to know. I can say that Medicaid (especially after the affordable care act) can be very easy to get on and hard to get off.
+1000

Almost every time I try to help people who are on Medicaid, and are no longer eligible, disenroll from Medicaid and enroll in something else, it is a hassle, often requiring multiple calls, escalation, etc.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline mgarfin

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: July 06, 2017, 09:21:51 PM »
+1000

Almost every time I try to help people who are on Medicaid, and are no longer eligible, disenroll from Medicaid and enroll in something else, it is a hassle, often requiring multiple calls, escalation, etc.

After being off Medicaid for a year I suddenly found myself back on!

Offline Zkpncs48

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: July 06, 2017, 10:26:20 PM »
I heard that one of todays arrests was for not reporting miles earned as income! I'm not sure if he sold them and didn't report it or the miles themselves is what they got him for
They were investigating him because of the huge amounts of MS, including swiping for others, that were going through his bank accounts.
When everything checked out and they couldn't get him on thr actual money they went after him because of the miles.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: July 06, 2017, 10:47:09 PM »

Maybe special-needs children (whose families were targeted), incur higher costs because Medicaid pays for their therapy and their aides. Those costs are still high for recipients who have an aide at home 24/7 and multiple therapy sessions a week.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)