Author Topic: Interesting Article: Checked in but didn't download Boarding Pass Timely  (Read 2238 times)

Offline yitzyul

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile

Offline Geshmak25

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Wow I had a similar situation. I was away for business so no easy access to printer and for some reason the AA app kept on bombing out on me so I checked in online and figured I would just print the boarding pass at the airport. My flight was delayed and departure time kept on getting pushed back so I just stayed at hotel and waited as long as I could so that I would be in airport for as short as possible - I have tsa precheck so I just need to drop off rental car and I could be at gate in minutes. However, when I got to the kiosk it said I couldn't print the boarding pass and needed to go see an agent. The agent says your boarding time already passed, you can't get on this flight. So I calmly explained that my flight was delayed and I didn't feel the need to come sit at the airport, I had already checked in so why should I come earlier then I needed to? Rep asks so if you checked in wheres your boarding pass? I respond I figured I would just print it here. So she says even if your flight is delayed you still need to get here on time (which is ridiculous), I can't get you on this flight and keeps on muttering you can't do this, need to show up on time until she finally prints me a boarding pass.

In my case I think she was actually able to print the boarding pass since the actual boarding hadn't passed (even though the original planned boarding time had).
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline Centro

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 33
    • View Profile
and keeps on muttering you can't do this, need to show up on time until she finally prints me a boarding pass.

Those people need to be deported to Afghanistan...
What's the pleasure of denying help when you can actually get it done?
Isn't it a better feeling after you've helped someone in a troubled situation??

Online ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
In MIA (large airport) we walked back and forth and all the way to the end to be told where to check in our baggage. By then, the kiosk wouldn't allow us to  check it in. The desk agent was NASTY. She gave us a choice between one of us (only 1 seat) going on the next plane or leaving our bag in the airport.  I suggested we take it with us and gate check it, but she said it couldn't possibly fit, and besides security wouldn't let it through.  Like I said, NASTY.  [It was a cheap bag that had very little in it, since we brought a bunch of stuff to someone.  So we off loaded into our backpacks, and left the bag there.] When we got to the gate, we found that the plane was delayed 'by a minimum of an hour.'
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline Geshmak25

• View Profile
Those people need to be deported to Afghanistan...
Ha I don't think I would take it THAT far
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Ridiculous policy.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Geshmak25

• View Profile
Ridiculous policy.
Agree but theres an easy way around it as long as you know about the policy
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline chevron

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
If you check in on the app you'll get the QR code right there. He arrived at the airport at 4:32 with a 5:05 departure.. even that is a murky arrival time.. so he goes to get a boarding pass with 30 min till take off and we assume no TSA pre check? Sounds like he deserved it

Offline Geshmak25

• View Profile
If you check in on the app you'll get the QR code right there. He arrived at the airport at 4:32 with a 5:05 departure.. even that is a murky arrival time.. so he goes to get a boarding pass with 30 min till take off and we assume no TSA pre check? Sounds like he deserved it
Why do you assume no TSA precheck? There's a DDF thread where people discuss the times where they missed their flight, so a lot of ppl push the limit in this regard, espcially when they have TSA precheck.

Also, not everybody has smart phones or can use smart phones for boarding (when you're traveling with a group each person needs to have a phone to get boarding pass, even kids) so they don't automatically access their pass before getting to the airport. The point is, if that is an actual policy then the airline should make it known.
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline coralsnake

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
(when you're traveling with a group each person needs to have a phone to get boarding pass, even kids)

You can put multiple BP on one phone.
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline Geshmak25

• View Profile

Haven't tried AA, but not for Delta (yes I know this article is specifically for AA but it could apply to other airlines as well).
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline yitzyul

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile

+1. AA app does not allow multiple boarding passes. Only 1 per phone.

Offline coralsnake

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Pretty sure I've save multiple BP to passbook. Either way, I don't like people touching my phone so I always try to print it out.
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline Josef.koney

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Just save the others off the email I've had 5 tickets on one phone. Yes not through the app but through the email.

Offline Geshmak25

• View Profile
Just save the others off the email I've had 5 tickets on one phone. Yes not through the app but through the email.
They can scan pdf barcode?
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline Josef.koney

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
They can scan pdf barcode?
They send you a printable barcode and a  smartphone one. That one works through pdf (even screenshot if you do it properly)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 03:48:10 PM by Josef.koney »