Author Topic: Europe terror waiver  (Read 1232 times)

Offline yeshiva36

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Europe terror waiver
« on: March 23, 2016, 07:14:06 PM »
Due to the attack in Brussels, delta issued a waiver of fees to avoid travel thru some european countries.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/traveling-with-us/advisories/brussels-airport.html

So it applies to me and its pretty clear from their site that no fees at all apply to changes for travel  before march 31. After that change fee is waived only.

Yet they will not change my award flight to the tlv-jfk flight unless i pay the additional miles (now going for 160 or so.)
Even if he did,says the supervisor, the revenue department would undo it and cancel and censure him. All he will do is ask corporate to change the wording on the site.

Is it huca or is he correct? Obviously i would be worse if they cancel the rebooked flight.

Offline chucksterace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 40
    • View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
  • Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Premier 1K; ; LY Plat; Hyatt Platinum; Hertz President's Circle; Avis President's Club
Re: Europe terror waiver
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 07:18:26 PM »
Due to the attack in Brussels, delta issued a waiver of fees to avoid travel thru some european countries.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/traveling-with-us/advisories/brussels-airport.html

So it applies to me and its pretty clear from their site that no fees at all apply to changes for travel  before march 31. After that change fee is waived only.

Yet they will not change my award flight to the tlv-jfk flight unless i pay the additional miles (now going for 160 or so.)
Even if he did,says the supervisor, the revenue department would undo it and cancel and censure him. All he will do is ask corporate to change the wording on the site.

Is it huca or is he correct? Obviously i would be worse if they cancel the rebooked flight.

Umm. You do know where countries are on a map, yes?

You do know Israel is not in Europe, yes?
You may not hold me responsible for any actions taken that were recommended from my account or username.

Offline yeshiva36

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 07:25:05 PM »
Sorry for not being clear.

I am booked thru europe to US. The waiver applies to flights connecting in europe too.

He agrees to that and is waiving change fee. Just not miles difference because he says additional fare is charged.

Offline chucksterace

• View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
  • Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Premier 1K; ; LY Plat; Hyatt Platinum; Hertz President's Circle; Avis President's Club
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 07:32:01 PM »
Where in Europe? Is your flight a Delta Codeshare out of TLV?

Ie. Out of TLV, do you have a pattern airline flight number or a DL flight number.
You may not hold me responsible for any actions taken that were recommended from my account or username.

Offline yeshiva36

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 07:34:40 PM »
Air france thru cdg with delta miles.
Flight he agrees is covered by waiver  but reads it somehow to only waive change fee.

Offline chucksterace

• View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 07:49:05 PM »

Air france thru cdg with delta miles.
Flight he agrees is covered by waiver  but reads it somehow to only waive change fee.

Ok. So you most likely have a AF flight number. In this case, if you read the terms closely you will see only Delta or Delta Codeshare flight number flights are covered. This flight will not be covered, hence the fee.

Offline yeshiva36

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 08:05:36 PM »
I see. Thanks.If he would have told me that i would have understood.

He just said you still have to pay difference in fare only change fees are waived for the pax and thats what he is telling all his callers and cs.

Offline chucksterace

• View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 08:12:44 PM »
And my job here is done. Thanks for playing.