Topic Wiki

No need for spelling corrections to be posted here. Just leave a comment on the main site and we will see it faster.

Thanks DD Moderation team ;)

« Last edited by myi on November 23, 2017, 05:51:17 PM »

Author Topic: Proofread DDMS Posts In Advance...  (Read 172901 times)

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Re: Proofread DDMS Posts In Advance...
« Reply #480 on: April 04, 2018, 06:59:13 PM »
Dan posted 6 minutes earlier then JJ..
Nope try like 25 minutes between jj and then dan, at least from what i can see.
  Yes Dan did some black magic with those post and times.
 Here's a picture from before his magic. 😉

Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #481 on: April 04, 2018, 07:46:25 PM »
Funny thing is I think this happened last chol hamoed, but don't think anyone noticed then.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 04, 2018, 07:49:04 PM »
Funny thing is I think this happened last chol hamoed, but don't think anyone noticed then.
Lol! You guys need set shifts.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline myi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #483 on: April 04, 2018, 07:59:56 PM »
When you have real dansdeals chassidim they take note of everything.

They say once you can get away, but a second time your going to be caught. Lol
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline ib3

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 02, 2018, 10:04:01 AM »

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #485 on: May 02, 2018, 10:11:12 AM »
The calculator "shoes" that saver coach tickets
Auto correct. Should be shows
https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/milespoints/get-25-bonus-transfer-amex-membership-rewards-points-flying-blue-miles/
No need for spelling corrections to be posted here. Just leave a comment on the main site and we will see it faster.

Thanks DD Moderation team ;)
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline stooges44

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 269
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 02, 2018, 10:17:45 AM »

Yet you still saw it 6 minutes later
If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 02, 2018, 12:21:53 PM »
Yet you still saw it 6 minutes later
This time.

Offline zagguru

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 04, 2018, 05:42:56 PM »
https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/hotel-deals/chase-ihg-right-thing-will-offer-another-uncapped-anniversary-night-chase-ihg-select-cardholders/

"Chase And IHG Do The Right Thing, Will Offer Another Uncapped Anniversary Night To All Chase IHG Select Cardholders!"

Shouldnt it be: "Chase And IHG Did*** The Right Thing, Will Offer Another Uncapped Anniversary Night To All Chase IHG Select Cardholders!"

When i first read it, I thought you were trying to send a message to them to do the right thing

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #489 on: May 14, 2018, 12:21:04 PM »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline E R K

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 14, 2018, 01:42:43 PM »
How about contact numbers or emails to complain to?

Offline Mordyk

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #491 on: May 14, 2018, 03:50:04 PM »
How about contact numbers or emails to complain to?
+1

but otherwise that post is really to the point.  that cat food though :o never saw such bad looking human food
#TYH

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 01, 2018, 02:42:56 AM »
Nothing like staying up late before a fast for another wonky Marriott post.
Anyone brave enough to read through it and provide feedback?
https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/milespoints/another-guess-will-happen-certificates-marriotts-lucrative-milesnights-travel-packages-take-advantage-now/

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 01, 2018, 03:09:44 AM »
https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/milespoints/another-guess-will-happen-certificates-marriotts-lucrative-milesnights-travel-packages-take-advantage-now/
"This is a highly technical, advanced level post, but in it I will show you how it’s possible to get crazy values out of Marriott’s current travel packages."
Should be value instead of values (and you need a comma after "it".)

"In August, Marriott will massively devalue their lucrative miles+nights travel packages. That was one of the predictions I made in April, but it still stings bigly."
Bigly?

"Thanks to the 5th night being free, the total value of that certificate is 150K points"
Should say "Thanks to the 5th night always being free on a regular award booking, the value of the cert is only 150k, not 175k" or something like that.

"I think that it’s likely that for many categories, the current certificates in August will simply be worth the same amount of points they are today."
Drop the first "that" in the sentence. Also, I would change the sentence to "the current certificates will be worth the same in August as they are today" the way it reads right now it's hard to tell what you mean.

"Off the top of my head some of these make the most sense, such as the value for the current category 5 certificates."
This makes no sense, what exactly are you referring to?
"Off the top of my head some of these make the most sense, such as the value for the current category 5 certificates."
"Off the top of my head, some of these make the most sense, such as the value for the current category 9, tier 3, and tier 5 certificates at more comparable levels."[/b]
Again, I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to. What is making sense for who?

I also don't think it makes sense to call scenario 3 "Probable best case in new program" as IMO it's the least likely scenario. Maybe call it "Possible best case" or something like that.

"In scenario 2, the tier 1-3 and their 4-5 certificates start to perform better. "
Should be "tier 4-5"

"For their 1-3 the nights would be worth the full value paid, so the 132K miles have no assignable cost in this scenario, making them essentially free."
Again, change "their 1-3" to "tier 1-3"

I would add a warning at the end that you may not actually end up being able to book hotels like the St. Regis MLE at that price since there are things they can do to prevent it. There is also going to be major competition for the nights that do become available and it's entirely possible that you won't find 7 consecutive nights at hotels like that, making the cert unusuable as you need to book 7 straight days. Just MHO but it would suck for someone to redeem for a cert banking on being able to book something and then it not being available, it's a risk.

Overall, a pretty good post, I'm not going to even try to correct most commas and stuff like that because I have no patience and it's 3 in the morning  :)

"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline thaber

• View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 01, 2018, 03:18:13 AM »
I lost my bravado about halfway through :)

Offline TimT

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: July 01, 2018, 03:19:04 AM »
July 1 2018

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 01, 2018, 03:19:44 AM »
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 01, 2018, 03:21:00 AM »
July 1 2018
Makes that mistake every time he posts here. Thank the lord for us diligent readers

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 01, 2018, 10:24:04 AM »
"This is a highly technical, advanced level post, but in it I will show you how it’s possible to get crazy values out of Marriott’s current travel packages."
Should be value instead of values (and you need a comma after "it".)

"In August, Marriott will massively devalue their lucrative miles+nights travel packages. That was one of the predictions I made in April, but it still stings bigly."
Bigly?

"Thanks to the 5th night being free, the total value of that certificate is 150K points"
Should say "Thanks to the 5th night always being free on a regular award booking, the value of the cert is only 150k, not 175k" or something like that.

"I think that it’s likely that for many categories, the current certificates in August will simply be worth the same amount of points they are today."
Drop the first "that" in the sentence. Also, I would change the sentence to "the current certificates will be worth the same in August as they are today" the way it reads right now it's hard to tell what you mean.

This makes no sense, what exactly are you referring to?
"Off the top of my head, some of these make the most sense, such as the value for the current category 9, tier 3, and tier 5 certificates at more comparable levels."[/b]
Again, I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to. What is making sense for who?

I also don't think it makes sense to call scenario 3 "Probable best case in new program" as IMO it's the least likely scenario. Maybe call it "Possible best case" or something like that.

"In scenario 2, the tier 1-3 and their 4-5 certificates start to perform better. "
Should be "tier 4-5"

"For their 1-3 the nights would be worth the full value paid, so the 132K miles have no assignable cost in this scenario, making them essentially free."
Again, change "their 1-3" to "tier 1-3"

I would add a warning at the end that you may not actually end up being able to book hotels like the St. Regis MLE at that price since there are things they can do to prevent it. There is also going to be major competition for the nights that do become available and it's entirely possible that you won't find 7 consecutive nights at hotels like that, making the cert unusuable as you need to book 7 straight days. Just MHO but it would suck for someone to redeem for a cert banking on being able to book something and then it not being available, it's a risk.

Overall, a pretty good post, I'm not going to even try to correct most commas and stuff like that because I have no patience and it's 3 in the morning  :)

Updated, thanks!

Offline davidrotts63

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #499 on: July 01, 2018, 10:28:09 AM »
Updated, thanks!
Still didn't change the date.
And I don't know if his belongs in this post, or a new 1, but you should probably write about if you should take advantage of the packages if you have no travel planned.
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch