Author Topic: Jewish Prayer Scares Crew  (Read 3441 times)

Offline MLM

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT PLAT, UA LT PP, FPC LT PLAT, HH DIAMOND,
Jewish Prayer Scares Crew
« on: March 15, 2011, 09:47:36 PM »
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 03:44:24 PM by Dan »

Offline danielz

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Jewis Prayer Scares Crew
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 09:17:12 AM »
וראו כל עמי הארץ כי שם ה נקרא עליך וייראו ממך

They should be scared.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 10:25:51 AM »
וראו כל עמי הארץ כי שם ה נקרא עליך וייראו ממך

They should be scared.
I've always felt that was part of the reason why these incidents keep happening...

I think the lesson is to let the FA know before putting tefilin on.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 10:27:54 AM »
I think if you want to be part of a crew, you should get a basic lesson in common sense, and a very little summary of types of cultures and religions they may encounter.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 10:44:29 AM »
I think if you want to be part of a crew, you should get a basic lesson in common sense, and a very little summary of types of cultures and religions they may encounter.
I agree, but common sense has left the building when it comes to air travel.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 10:48:15 AM »
I agree, but common sense has left the building when it comes to air travel.

Its like paying for your carbon offset.

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 10:53:06 AM »
super, whats ur flight data link?

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 10:55:36 AM »
super, whats ur flight data link?

It was there for a few month, and now you wake up?

http://my.flightmemory.com/superflyer
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 11:00:27 AM by SuperFlyer »

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 11:33:32 AM »
i check it every day

Offline LAXtraveler

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AAdvantage, DL Skymiles, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis Preferred, National Executive, Hertz #1 Club Gold
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 01:39:54 PM »
The FT thread on this has gone kind of crazy. It amazes me how some people in this world can be so closed-minded yet still be so open about their true hatred for anything different than themselves. I wonder if those some people echo the sentiments they post online when speaking to Jews face to face.

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 02:43:12 PM »
This page is pretty nasty. And could someone explain the comments on the bottom of the page? ???
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1194069-jewish-prayer-scares-crew-10.html

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2011, 03:38:31 PM »
What was going on in the bathroom?
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2011, 03:57:37 PM »
And this just adds another reason why you should follow most poskim and daven sitting down.
The comments are awful, but you can't blame the FAs for erring on the side of caution. I think us jews have a more of a responsibility to educate ourselves on how to act in public, than the airlines do of educating their FAs.

That being said, it is a bit ridiculous that it isn't a part of their training, or that an FA wouldn't have heard of a previous story. None the less, whenever any story involving jews hits the news, it generally elicits a similar response, so we should be a little more careful of our actions. True these commentors are wrong, and true they hate us regardless, but on a regular day, there isn't rampant negative PR against us, and after such a story, there is. Yes ppl use any excuse, and yes they are wrong, but one should try not to give them an excuse.

I cringe every time a frum jew gets up when the seatbelt sign is on. Are there 5 non-jews getting up for every 1 jew? Yes. But that doesn't make it right or LEGAL. The FAs and others on the flight wont notice the non-jews, only the jews. Don't care what anyone else thinks? Well that's disgusting and another thing that ppl complain about. We are human beings required to interact with other humans, don't give them a reason to complain. You're just playing into their hands
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 04:06:44 PM by Chaikel »
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Jewish Prayer Scares Crew
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2011, 04:00:20 PM »
And this just adds another reason why you should follow most poskim and daven sitting down.
The comments are awful, but you can't blame the FAs for erring on the side of caution. I think us jews have a more of a responsibility to educate ourselves on how to act in public, than the airlines do of educating their FAs.

That being said, it is a bit ridiculous that it isn't a part of their training, or that an FA wouldn't have heard of a previous story. None the less, whenever any story involving jews hits the news, it generally elicits a similar response, so we should be a little more careful of our actions. True these commentors are wrong, and true they hate us regardless, but on a regular day, there isn't rampant negative PR against us, and after such a story, there is. Yes ppl use any excuse, and yes they are wrong, but one should try not to give them an excuse.

I cringe every time a frum jew gets up when the seatbelt sign is on. Is there 5 non-jews getting up for every 1 jew? Yes. But that doesn't make it right or LEGAL. The FAs and others on the flight wont notice the non-jews, only the jews. Don't care what anyone else thinks? Well that's disgusting and another thing that ppl complain about. We are human beings required to interact with other humans, don't give them a reason to complain. You're just playing into their hands
+1

Offline aaa

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 04:06:15 PM »

I cringe every time a frum jew gets up when the seatbelt sign is on. Is there 5 non-jews getting up for every 1 jew? Yes. But that doesn't make it right or LEGAL. The FAs and others on the flight wont notice the non-jews, only the jews. Don't care what anyone else thinks? Well that's disgusting and another thing that ppl complain about. We are human beings required to interact with other humans, don't give them a reason to complain. You're just playing into their hands

And not only that but tell the FA's if you will be putting on tefillin...i do it everytime.

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2011, 10:37:46 PM »
And not only that but tell the FA's if you will be putting on tefillin...i do it everytime.
aaa arrested for strapping himself with wires... lol