Author Topic: AS devaluation of EK redemptions  (Read 28582 times)

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
Re: AS devaluation of EK redemptions
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2016, 04:06:03 PM »
With all the "makes sense" discussion here that it was indeed EK, I still don't believe it.

Why? Meshum Zeh Lu Uved Kachah.

It just makes no sense for the partner airline to decide how many miles is needed. If you know how these things work.

And the simple proof for that is that EK would never let AS charge less mileage than their own program if it was up to them. EK would require AS to charge YQ if it was up to them. (The same way BA does)

You want me to believe that CX told AS to charge 70k to HKG in F while CX charges 105?

And that EK made up one morning to change the award prices with giving AS prior notice or at least without letting AS give some notice to its members?

All and all Im talking this with a HUGE grain of salt.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2016, 04:15:20 PM »
Oh please.
It flows out of every statement you've ever made, to give just a few examples:
1. your phone interview a few months ago (forget with who, was mentioned somewhere on the forums) in which you insisted that this whole business is " a win win situation" for both parties and so it's not going anywhere (which it clearly is-it's disappearing fast).
2. Your refusal, in the AMEX prediction thread, to acknowledge that churning is bad for the banks and that the fact that AMEX stopped if clearly reflects that.
(Is that thread even still here btw? Seems to have conveniently disappeared...)
3. Your sense of entitlement evident in your recent spat with AA on Twitter (in which, the loyal customer, was upset about how AA treated you after you flew for free from card points).

And countless others. It's only quite recently when you've begun to recognize the writing on the wall. Until now it's always been "when one thing closes, another opens", "that is the nature of this business", etc., a notion clearly not grounded in reality, as it's far worse now than it's ever been, and you now it.

I do hand it to you, however, that you do seem to have woken up in the past 2-3 months. Even AJK is discussing here about how disheartening the situation has become.
Hi Aj3042. Good to see you're still foaming with anger.

1. Never said churning was a win-win-win, I said the mileage game was a win-win-win
2. {{Citation needed}}. I don't delete threads for no reason.
3. I didn't fly free. I used 156K miles+$1,800 and got nothing. No flights and no refund.
3a. Airlines have clearly decided that credit card customers are more valuable than regular non-premium flyers. They sell the miles to banks for billions of dollars and they haven't devalued those earnings. Earnings from regular coach flying have been sliced down to nothing as that isn't where the profit is made.

Go back to your hole now.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2016, 04:16:31 PM »

2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline esw30

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2016, 04:18:55 PM »
Oh please.
It flows out of every statement you've ever made, to give just a few examples:
1. your phone interview a few months ago (forget with who, was mentioned somewhere on the forums) in which you insisted that this whole business is " a win win situation" for both parties and so it's not going anywhere (which it clearly is-it's disappearing fast).
2. Your refusal, in the AMEX prediction thread, to acknowledge that churning is bad for the banks and that the fact that AMEX stopped if clearly reflects that.
(Is that thread even still here btw? Seems to have conveniently disappeared...)
3. Your sense of entitlement evident in your recent spat with AA on Twitter (in which, the loyal customer, was upset about how AA treated you after you flew for free from card points).

And countless others. It's only quite recently when you've begun to recognize the writing on the wall. Until now it's always been "when one thing closes, another opens", "that is the nature of this business", etc., a notion clearly not grounded in reality, as it's far worse now than it's ever been, and you now it.

I do hand it to you, however, that you do seem to have woken up in the past 2-3 months. Even AJK is discussing here about how disheartening the situation has become.

Don't be like that.  Nobody here comes to your work and starts criticizing you.  You choose to read/post on DDF, don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Offline rileywiles23

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2016, 04:21:59 PM »

ROFL.
How do you figure these things out ?!
Life is as good as you make it...

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2016, 04:26:31 PM »

Hi Aj3042.

Should have figured it was him.

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2016, 04:27:29 PM »
ROFL.
How do you figure these things out ?!
Old news. Hasn't changed his style one bit, and dropped a bunch of hints.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline benjie1305

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2016, 04:31:00 PM »
Wow. AJ is back. Lol.
Work hard, Play harder!

Offline yesitsme83

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2016, 04:31:07 PM »

1. Never said churning was a win-win-win, I said the mileage game was a win-win-win
2. {{Citation needed}}. I don't delete threads for no reason.
3. I didn't fly free. I used 156K miles+$1,800 and got nothing. No flights and no refund.
3a. Airlines have clearly decided that credit card customers are more valuable than regular non-premium flyers. They sell the miles to banks for billions of dollars and they haven't devalued those earnings. Earnings from regular coach flying have been sliced down to nothing as that isn't where the profit is made.

Go back to your hole now.
Hello! Long time no speak! I have to hand it to your detective work (though I think that this time it's simpler than people realize).
And yep still same person except I was even more expressive because I had even less of a "reputation" on the line.
Time to move on to the next one!
You can go ban this account now so you do t have to listen to someone who doesn't agree with you!

Have a nice life!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2016, 04:34:30 PM »
Lots of people here don't agree with my views on things. And yet they manage not to be trolls.
Catch you again the next time you get bored!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2016, 04:37:26 PM »
Wow. AJ is back. Lol.

Please done defame the name "AJ" by using it in conjuncition with that troll  :D
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline David Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2016, 04:38:15 PM »
Seriously?!? Nobody realized this until now? I take it you're all joking. This guy was attacking his perceived DDF hierarchy drone effect since his fourth post on this forum. You really think he was above applying that same train of thought to our gedolim? His posts and posting style hadn't changed a bit, either.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline benjie1305

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 31, 2016, 04:38:53 PM »
Please done defame the name "AJ" with that troll  :D

Work hard, Play harder!

Offline Novo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Chase A/A, Amex F/R, Citi A/A. Hertz DNR.
« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2016, 04:45:27 PM »
Hello! Long time no speak! I have to hand it to your detective work (though I think that this time it's simpler than people realize).
And yep still same person except I was even more expressive because I had even less of a "reputation" on the line.
Time to move on to the next one!
You can go ban this account now so you do t have to listen to someone who doesn't agree with you!

Have a nice life!
I hope your new account is not yet banned.

Can you explain that to me? DDF is a site where people who churn CCs come together and discuss it. You are entitled to have an opinion but what's your goal with coming up on this site and bashing...? Do you think you'll convince us that we're wrong and the site will close down? or do you just want we should know that we're wrong? Either way, have you ever seen someone coming into a Shul and explaining how Judaism is wrong? If we really bother you, I don't think DDF is right place to express your anger... Just vent your anger to people who think like you.

My 0.02
I try my best :-\
Quote from: Centro
If you wanna go fast, go alone
If you wanna go far, go together

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2016, 04:48:37 PM »
Hasn't changed his style one bit

Lack of even first grade reading comprehension? ✔️
Straw-man arguments? ✔️
Putting words in others' mouths? ✔️
Childish (Trump-like) argumentativeness? ✔️
Inability to answer questions? ✔️
Unsubstantive claims? ✔️
All for the sake of being a self-righteous, holier-than-though contrarian? ✔️

If it walks like duck, talks like a duck, and sounds like a duck... it must be a quack.

Offline CS91

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2016, 04:52:05 PM »

Funny thing is, you were definitely doing this in person lol.

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2016, 04:55:40 PM »
I understand how it's a win for the airlines (sell billions in currency that's so easily devalued, and probably kept on the books as a liability at a tiny fraction of $ received in exchange) and the banks (new credit card customers). However, I am not sure if the "players" of the game are actual winners. Between all the time and effort spent on accumulating these currencies, finding award space, and travelling to places that might be beautiful, interesting and full of נפלאות הבורא, is this really what our life should be about? Please don't get me wrong, I am not criticizing, I am trying to open up a discussion about this.

a. Don't they make profit on all the extra fees in coach?

b. I have always been very curious as to how airlines pay (or account with) each other for award space, mileage accrual etc. I would appreciate pointers for an education on this, if available (I actually have a business purpose to this).
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2016, 04:58:36 PM »
If it walks like duck, talks like a duck, and sounds like a duck... it must be a quack.

Especially if ip addresses match...
-- Dan

Offline David Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2016, 05:01:06 PM »
Especially if ip addresses match...
Incredibly easy to change ip addresses, (and nobody needed ip addresses to figure this out, IMO).
JTZ

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 31, 2016, 05:27:38 PM »
Incredibly easy to change ip addresses, (and nobody needed ip addresses to figure this out, IMO).
Easy to change ip addresses, question is if a person with such an attitude is likely to do that, especially since there seems to be a consensus that he would be easily detected based on other factors. I seem to doubt he bothered to cover his tracks with a different ip address. I've not been here long enough to actually know the guy.
-- Dan