Author Topic: Thought I knew the ropes, but maybe not... BA help please with delay/self rebook  (Read 541 times)

Offline ayidlmitafiddl

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Hello and gut vuch!

I flew BA a week ago, and thinking I knew the rules based on my dans' deals browing [and flying experiences], I made some decisions that I did not wish to second guess, but now that i'm home safely and have some time to think, i'd love to get your opinions regarding if i'm eligible for compensation or what I should have done differently. (obviously not to going to try that connection in London on a Thursday anymore, bli neder...)

(flight details below)

when I saw that I wouln't make the connection, not wanting to ovenright in london and not wanting to get to Israel too close to shabbos, i "self-rebooked" a coach ticket on elal and switched terminals... and B"H made the flight. my BA ticket was in business...

so instead of waiting at the rebooking desk and thus misisng any possibility of taking teh LY flight, I simply bought myown ticket, and flew hand luggage only to tel aviv.

BA seems to say that since i rebooked, they do not owe me compensation for delay because "i wasn't delayed" lemass'eh"

what should I do now?

luggage did arrive about 5 days later... (including one suitcase broken)

here are the flights themselves:

BA178 JFK-LHR,
JFK scheduled 08:05 depart
JFK actual 09:03 depart
LHR scheduled 19:50 arrival
LHR actual 20:48 arrival

then BA163 LHR-TLV
LHR scheduled and actual depart: 20:55
TLV scheduled 03:45 arrival
TLV actual 0347 arrival

The OP would have arrived on the auto-rebooked service as BA165
LHR scheduled 08:05
LHR actual 08:23 (there was a lot of passenger issues that needed resolving at the gate)
TLV scheduled 14:50
TLV actual 15:37
And Shabbos started around 16:15 depending on location.

LY318 timings
LHR scheduled 22:20
LHR actual 22:19
TLV scheduled 05:05
TLV actual 05:09

Nothing? DOT complaint? EU complaint? Israel Aviation law complaint?

I'm BA gold, in case that matters. thank you!
Thank you!

Offline shapsam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
If they say they don't owe you because you weren't delayed (3+ hours), then they should pay for your LY flight, can't have it both ways.