Author Topic: New Years in Sri Lanka.  (Read 13942 times)

Offline iamhappyz

• Non-Elite Member
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: New Years in Sri Lanka.
« Reply #135 on: February 19, 2018, 08:25:16 PM »
How long are you going for and where are you planning on going to?  If you are going North to South or vice versa probably will pass near Ella.  Mini Adams Peak which is in Ella has beautiful views and have been told that unless you are a die hard hiker, the views you get from mini Adams Peak with only 300 steps as opposed to regular Adams Peak with 5000 steps are pretty close and you are a lot less sore from the hike.

Offline ponash123

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 19, 2018, 10:05:44 PM »
I am not planning on doing north. Tentativley planning on South - Galle, Mirissa, Yala, Nuwara Eliya. I'm thinking I can stop in Ella on the way from Yala to Nuwara Eliya.

Offline iamhappyz

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 20, 2018, 11:38:01 PM »
How many days are you going for?  If you are going to Nuwara Eliya you pass right by Ella.  It seemed to me that mostly one long road and though when you look on google maps looks out of the way you somehow end up passing through anyway cuz that is the way the road works.  Kinda like in Israel, not a lot of side highways but a few main roads that you take regardless where you are going.  It is not a big deal to do both but depends what you want to do when you are there. Also make sure that when you are going it is not rainy season in any of the areas you plan on being in.