Author Topic: amex plat 50,000 bonus mile offer expiration date  (Read 65735 times)

Offline yid

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Re: amex plat 50,000 bonus mile offer expiration date
« Reply #180 on: April 28, 2011, 11:20:21 AM »
did the double dip got instant on the gold :) pending on the plat  :(
Dan,I used  your link with the modification mentioned above do I still qualify for the raffle?
dan, same as above minus the double dip?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #181 on: April 28, 2011, 11:53:18 AM »
Not necessarily asking for your help but asking others out there in the forum.  I assumed that this was the proper forum to discuss this type of thing.
<Begin Rant>

You go into Reuven's store and start complaining about moldy bread you were sold.
Reuven looks at the package and tells you that he never even sold you that bread and to please go back to Shimon's store where you bought the bread for a refund.
Yet you persist in sticking around Reuven's store?

This stuff is my parnossah just like anyone else's physical store.  If people want to use my "store" (it's not cheap to run an online store with a ton of bandwidth either) for advice and resources and still not support the store that's your own free will.  But please find another venue on your own dime and bandwidth to discuss the consequences. 

Amazing that there are DDF users that would solicit others to use their own links.  Do you also have the chutzpah to do that in a physical store to start selling things to people shopping in someone else's store?

</End Rant>
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline APoshiterYid

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 28, 2011, 04:51:06 PM »
<Begin Rant>

You go into Reuven's store and start complaining about moldy bread you were sold.
Reuven looks at the package and tells you that he never even sold you that bread and to please go back to Shimon's store where you bought the bread for a refund.
Yet you persist in sticking around Reuven's store?

This stuff is my parnossah just like anyone else's physical store.  If people want to use my "store" (it's not cheap to run an online store with a ton of bandwidth either) for advice and resources and still not support the store that's your own free will.  But please find another venue on your own dime and bandwidth to discuss the consequences. 

Amazing that there are DDF users that would solicit others to use their own links.  Do you also have the chutzpah to do that in a physical store to start selling things to people shopping in someone else's store?

</End Rant>
Well said! +1! :)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 04:54:39 PM by APoshiterYid »
If you have my email PLEASE don't PM me :)

Offline yare

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 28, 2011, 06:29:23 PM »
<Begin Rant>

</End Rant>
not sure i agree with that one. because someone reads the site and uses the forum means they cant also have their own links?    someone that buys from a store cant have their own business as well?  if i'm not mistaken, the actual browsing of the main site adds to your parnassah because the more traffic you have the more you can charge for advertising on the site.    while i'm sure the intent of ddf is a way to build parnassah as well by creating interest in cards and pushing links, it does cover a wide scope of topics and information which don't (directly) result in parnassah. one could be forgiven for thinking that ddf is not solely part of the "store."    now, it happens to be that the ddf'er in question picked a topic that is meant to earn you parnassah (premier credit card links), but i think one could say that it was something of an honest mistake to think he might find helpful information on the forums even when it wasn't coming from your link.        anyway, i don't think there's any reason to bite his head off (or rant) at him, he didn't make any particularly confrontational comments.   at this point i'm sure he gets the idea.

i do need to add, the above is all assuming (as the member said) that his friend is a real life friend, who happens to be a ddf'er.  if, on the other hand, "friend" means a ddf friend and he's using this forum as a place to solicit business for himself, then i completely agree with the above rant; and then some.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 08:10:05 PM by yare »

Offline steve L

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 28, 2011, 10:03:41 PM »
how long do i need to wait after cancelling an amex plat and reapplying? what has been the fastest turnaround time for anyone?

Offline HesderGuy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lifetime AA Gold, 2020/21 JetBlue Mosaic
« Reply #185 on: April 28, 2011, 10:27:16 PM »
how long do i need to wait after cancelling an amex plat and reapplying? what has been the fastest turnaround time for anyone?
I waited 60 days and was approved

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #186 on: April 28, 2011, 11:10:37 PM »
You don't need to wait at all.
If you wait less than 30 days you will likely need to call to get them to manually process the app, but that's not a big deal.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve L

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 29, 2011, 10:18:44 AM »
i got the message the my new app was cancelled and they cant process. which number should i call?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 29, 2011, 11:01:43 AM »
i got the message the my new app was cancelled and they cant process. which number should i call?
800-525-3355

Offline steve L

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 29, 2011, 11:05:38 AM »
thank you dan i called and smooth talked and got approved

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 29, 2011, 11:11:10 AM »
thank you dan i called and smooth talked and got approved
Congrats!

Offline ecomajor

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 02, 2011, 04:20:27 PM »
not sure i agree with that one. because someone reads the site and uses the forum means they cant also have their own links?    someone that buys from a store cant have their own business as well?  if i'm not mistaken, the actual browsing of the main site adds to your parnassah because the more traffic you have the more you can charge for advertising on the site.    while i'm sure the intent of ddf is a way to build parnassah as well by creating interest in cards and pushing links, it does cover a wide scope of topics and information which don't (directly) result in parnassah. one could be forgiven for thinking that ddf is not solely part of the "store."    now, it happens to be that the ddf'er in question picked a topic that is meant to earn you parnassah (premier credit card links), but i think one could say that it was something of an honest mistake to think he might find helpful information on the forums even when it wasn't coming from your link.        anyway, i don't think there's any reason to bite his head off (or rant) at him, he didn't make any particularly confrontational comments.   at this point i'm sure he gets the idea.

i do need to add, the above is all assuming (as the member said) that his friend is a real life friend, who happens to be a ddf'er.  if, on the other hand, "friend" means a ddf friend and he's using this forum as a place to solicit business for himself, then i completely agree with the above rant; and then some.

Well said.  My assumption initially was that ddf forums were like any other dealsite, where people come and discuss together about deals.  I had no idea that you assume that every single activity that a ddf member does should benefit you. 

I recently stopped doing much of my activity on the general deal sites as I liked the heimeshe environment here and I felt more connected.   But I really dont think its nice to attack me when I had no intention of harming you or trying to steal your parnassah.  by getting referred through a friend of mine I was helping him and I have nothing against helping you but there should be no reason that if someone gets referrred by you and then they refer me. 

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 02, 2011, 04:36:28 PM »
Well said.  My assumption initially was that ddf forums were like any other dealsite, where people come and discuss together about deals.  I had no idea that you assume that every single activity that a ddf member does should benefit you. 

I recently stopped doing much of my activity on the general deal sites as I liked the heimeshe environment here and I felt more connected.   But I really dont think its nice to attack me when I had no intention of harming you or trying to steal your parnassah.  by getting referred through a friend of mine I was helping him and I have nothing against helping you but there should be no reason that if someone gets referrred by you and then they refer me. 
Couple thoughts:
-Every other deal site does not allow members to post their own referral links.  Every post benefits the owner of each site, as it should.  There are huge expenses of running a site.

-I'm not going to make a penny on 99.9% of the posts here.  On other deal forums they will make money on every post.  The main point of this forum isn't to post deals, it's just a small section of the forum.  The bulk of it is about discussing various strategies and tips, shmoozing, and getting free help with trip planning and vacations.  Although I do some of that as a paid option for my own business, I can't do it for most people and have no problem with people getting help here for free.
I don't charge people to post things for sale (this isn't ebay) or other transactions. 

I don't think there's any other deal forum where the owner is there helping people all day long as a public service.

All I ask in return is that if you open a card or buy something from Amazon, etc. that you use the DansDeals link.  I don't think that's too much to ask. If people are going to use this medium to contact other members through systems like PM, to siphon off referrals from the site for their own profit then this forum will cease to exist.  Your choice.

Offline ecomajor

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 02, 2011, 04:36:48 PM »
Furthermore, initially, it seemed like you were joking around and therefore I joked back.  I had no idea that you were really serious that I had no business posting these types of questions on your forums.  On the other forums they would never say you shouldnt post these types of questions just bc you didnt click on their link. 

Offline ecomajor

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 02, 2011, 04:39:20 PM »
Nobody used your site to contact me to refer me.  I never heard of ddf until a 6-8 months ago.  A friend who did go through your link who knew me from before referred to me this amex deal through his referral link directly through amex.  Once I did the deal, I started posting on your site questions and the like.

I think this is a case of a misunderstanding.

Couple thoughts:
-Every other deal site does not allow members to post their own referral links.  Every post benefits the owner of each site, as it should.  There are huge expenses of running a site.

-I'm not going to make a penny on 99.9% of the posts here.  On other deal forums they will make money on every post.  The main point of this forum isn't to post deals, it's just a small section of the forum.  The bulk of it is about discussing various strategies and tips, shmoozing, and getting free help with trip planning and vacations.  Although I do some of that as a business, I can't do it for most people and have no problem with people getting help here for free.
I don't charge people to post things for sale (this isn't ebay) or other transaction. 

I don't think there's any other deal forum where the owner is there helping people all day long as a public service.

All I ask in return is that if you open a card or buy something from Amazon, etc. that you use the DansDeals link.  I don't think that's too much to ask. If people are going to use this medium to contact other members through systems like PM, to siphon off referrals from the site for their own profit then this forum will cease to exist.  Your choice.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 02, 2011, 04:41:21 PM »
Furthermore, initially, it seemed like you were joking around and therefore I joked back.  I had no idea that you were really serious that I had no business posting these types of questions on your forums.  On the other forums they would never say you shouldnt post these types of questions just bc you didnt click on their link. 
-Like I said, this forum is nothing like other deal forum IMHO.
-Other deal forums actually do ban discussion of referral offers, just as this forum does.
-My problem isn't that you didn't use my link, but that you got it from another forum member...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 02, 2011, 04:43:13 PM »
Nobody used your site to contact me to refer me.  I never heard of ddf until a 6-8 months ago.  A friend who did go through your link who knew me from before referred to me this amex deal through his referral link directly through amex.  Once I did the deal, I started posting on your site questions and the like.

I think this is a case of a misunderstanding.

I believe you had said earlier that another DansDeals member had referred you...so if thats the case there is indeed misunderstanding here.

Regardless, discussion of referral offers is against the forum rules.  I'm sorry if you disagree with them, but they are what they are.

Offline ecomajor

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 02, 2011, 04:43:43 PM »
So then what have I done wrong. 

Second of all, according to your logic, its wrong for me to refer my grandma to the deal because I should have her click on your link.

Offline ecomajor

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 02, 2011, 04:46:01 PM »
I believe you had said earlier that another DansDeals member had referred you...

I did, but he is a friend of mine, who lives 3 blocks from me, who introduced me to dansdeals.  When he referred me I had no idea about how your whole system works or anything like that.  If a friend says to me, click on this link and get 50k miles and i will get 20k miles then its a win win.  He is referring me outside of the scope of ddf.  just bc he happens to be a member doesnt mean that you should get the referral.  Further, had he not personally convinced me I never would have signed up.

Offline ecomajor

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 02, 2011, 04:54:33 PM »
All that being said, I think your website is great and I appreciate what you do, and I will try to use your referrals going forward.  In fact I used your referral for the gym deal a month back.  And really enjoy it.