Topic Wiki

PFS has purchased the exclusive rights on Coin offers on DD/DDF, going forward no other offers will be permitted.Sign up here.

Click HERE to see current coin deal!

-No commercial advertising.
-Discussion of forum moderation actions and forum rules must be done via the Private Messaging (PM) system.

Note: PFS Buyers Club takes full and sole responsibility for the reimbursement of these coins. That includes thousands of happy participants!

If you miss out on a coin deal you can try to check the following day/days for coins to get back into stock due to canceled orders.
Exactly 7:30am EST.

Remember to use the same Credit Card, Shipping, and Billing info, all on the same name and address.

Buying/Selling is only in the other thread.
https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?action=post;quote=2487679;topic=62276.6650;last_msg=2488130

Cards that do not earn on US Mint purchases:
Fidelity Cashback (2%)

Amex: Effective January 15, 2021, the definition of a cash advance will now include “precious metal coins or bullion.” However, as of July 2021, this does not seem to be enforced.

[/b]
« Last edited by yos9694 on August 18, 2021, 01:46:13 PM »

Author Topic: New Coin Deal  (Read 1229052 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: New Coin Deal
« Reply #3100 on: November 16, 2019, 11:34:31 PM »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline grodnoking

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline ae123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: November 16, 2019, 11:36:09 PM »
Hey guys quick question. So I ordered the famous 2019-S Enhanced Reverse Proof $1 American Silver Eagle PCGS PR69 FS FLag Label coin. I got lucky, but I already told PFS buyers club I would opt in. Is that legally binding? They already sent me a prepaid shipping label but I'm realizing I can make much more money without going through them. Thanks in advance for your input!
From your screen-name it seems you are a Frum person, so here goes.
As I wrote on a different thread:
According to Halachah, backing out puts one in the category of Mechusarei Emanah.
If there was a set of rules to agree to by opting-in, it could be a a lot worse than Mechusarei Emanah. Possibly even disqualifying the offender from being a Kosher witness!
This was what I heard from a Rav.

Offline EJB

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: November 16, 2019, 11:38:36 PM »
From 1 anon DP from over a year ago? C'mon now.
This you? Or  a random dan?

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: November 16, 2019, 11:39:03 PM »
My question is ethics wise.
I signed up with pfs.
The night before the coin went on sale "my guy" (the guy I do all my buying for) announces that hes buying it for the same price.
I stupidly do not opt out on pfs website, I was tired and forgot to do it the next day.
I already decided to do it for my guy before I bought the coin, is it unethical to not give it to pfs because I did not negate my electronic contact with them?
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline ae123

• View Profile
« Reply #3105 on: November 16, 2019, 11:40:02 PM »
I signed up with pfs.
The night before the coin went on sale "my guy" (the guy I do all my buying for) announces that hes buying it for the same price.
I stupidly do not opt out on pfs website, I was tired and forgot to do it the next day.
I already decided to do it for my guy before I bought the coin, is it unethical to not give it to pfs because I did not negate my electronic contact with them?
IMHO - absolutely unethical.

Offline Moshe_N

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: November 16, 2019, 11:41:51 PM »
From your screen-name it seems you are a Frum person, so here goes.
As I wrote on a different thread:
According to Halachah, backing out puts one in the category of Mechusarei Emanah.
If there was a set of rules to agree to by opting-in, it could be a a lot worse than Mechusarei Emanah. Possibly even disqualifying the offender from being a Kosher witness!
This was what I heard from a Rav.
Definetly appreciate the Halachic perspective. New halacha question though. Idk if you just read the article that was posted, but apparently PFS claimed the persons box was empty when it wasn't(according to the buyer). If there is a chance that this company steal from me and commit fraud am I allowed to back out in this case?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3107 on: November 16, 2019, 11:42:15 PM »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: November 16, 2019, 11:42:37 PM »
Definetly appreciate the Halachic perspective. New halacha question though. Idk if you just read the article that was posted, but apparently PFS claimed the persons box was empty when it wasn't(according to the buyer). If there is a chance that this company steal from me and commit fraud am I allowed to back out in this case?
Lol.

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: November 16, 2019, 11:43:52 PM »
:o
I’ll take that as a yes until you say no

Offline ae123

• View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: November 16, 2019, 11:48:20 PM »
Very unlikely.
Dan (the king of this place) vouches for them.

Offline Moshe_N

• View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: November 16, 2019, 11:53:10 PM »
True but it nonetheless makes one question if PFS is trustworthy.

Offline Moshe_N

• View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: November 16, 2019, 11:54:01 PM »
We can take this to the halacha questions and answers thread

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: November 16, 2019, 11:55:49 PM »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: November 16, 2019, 11:56:31 PM »
No, it doesn't. No DD readers have ever had a problem and there have been many of these deals over the years. As I already said above, one anonymous data point from over a year ago is meaningless.

Stop looking for excuses to justify backing out on your word.
If you don't want to stick to your word, then don't, but don't look for lame justifications.

And FWIW in business I've lost a whole lot more than a few hundred bucks to honor my commitments. But you have to decide what your word is worth.

Offline TimT

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: November 16, 2019, 11:57:36 PM »
I signed up with pfs.
Unethical. He anticipated this happening & he begged in his emails to please opt out in advance.

Offline ae123

• View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: November 17, 2019, 12:01:11 AM »

If you don't want to stick to your word, then don't, but don't look for lame justifications.

And FWIW in business I've lost a whole lot more than a few hundred bucks to honor my commitments. But you have to decide what your word is worth.
+100

Offline Moshe_N

• View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: November 17, 2019, 12:06:36 AM »
No, it doesn't. No DD readers have ever had a problem and there have been many of these deals over the years. As I already said above, one anonymous data point from over a year ago is meaningless.

You're right. I will still see if they can honor their policy as far as matching other competitors but if not I will complete my deal with PFS. Thanks for all the comments guys!! Especially Dan!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: November 17, 2019, 12:07:55 AM »
You're right. I will still see if they can honor their policy as far as matching other competitors but if not I will complete my deal with PFS. Thanks for all the comments guys!! Especially Dan!
Kol hakavod(e).

Online myi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #3119 on: November 17, 2019, 01:28:10 AM »
Had a similar experience with another guy from Monsey, I asked a Rav in Toronto and got a heter to back out, but knowing on my own it just felt wrong to after commiting and gave him all 3 coins with a loss or rather missing the gain of over 1k.
 What's meant to be is meant to be.
     If I'm supposed to make that money God will find a way for me to get it.
  But taking money in a way which feels like I'm not being honest and sticking to my world's I felt horrible to do.

Again use common sense and make decisions wisely before committing to anyone.
   Ive dealt with PFS many many times and was very happy never had an issue.
   And the one time I had I was in contact with him and he was very helpful worked out something that would work for both of us.
   Good luck on what ever happens...

Just curious, how do all the buyers know you're not getting this coin accidentally?
  This is the exact same coin just not enhance reverse edition so be aware.

https://catalog.usmint.gov/american-eagle-2019-one-ounce-silver-proof-coin-19EA.html?
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501