Topic Wiki

PFS has purchased the exclusive rights on Coin offers on DD/DDF, going forward no other offers will be permitted.Sign up here.

Click HERE to see current coin deal!

-No commercial advertising.
-Discussion of forum moderation actions and forum rules must be done via the Private Messaging (PM) system.

Note: PFS Buyers Club takes full and sole responsibility for the reimbursement of these coins. That includes thousands of happy participants!

If you miss out on a coin deal you can try to check the following day/days for coins to get back into stock due to canceled orders.
Exactly 7:30am EST.

Remember to use the same Credit Card, Shipping, and Billing info, all on the same name and address.

Buying/Selling is only in the other thread.
https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?action=post;quote=2487679;topic=62276.6650;last_msg=2488130

Cards that do not earn on US Mint purchases:
Fidelity Cashback (2%)

Amex: Effective January 15, 2021, the definition of a cash advance will now include “precious metal coins or bullion.” However, as of July 2021, this does not seem to be enforced.

[/b]
« Last edited by yos9694 on August 18, 2021, 01:46:13 PM »

Author Topic: New Coin Deal  (Read 1228621 times)

Offline talmid chuchem

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Re: New Coin Deal
« Reply #1420 on: September 22, 2016, 02:48:55 PM »
When the dealers say that I shouldn't open the box, do they mean the brown outside Packaging? If yes what will they do if my wife opened a drop of   the brown Packaging?

Offline hide4

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: September 22, 2016, 02:59:42 PM »
Around how long does it take to get a payment to my paypal account from pfs?

Offline pfscoins

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: September 22, 2016, 03:03:20 PM »
Around how long does it take to get a payment to my paypal account from pfs?

We send payments in batches every few days. So typically it'll be as little as one day to as much as 3-4 business days from when you "cash out". Although for this deal the terms gave us 7 business days.

Offline Shmulie

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: September 22, 2016, 03:21:44 PM »
my 2˘
dealers should pay the full amount as long as they did not give a deliver by date when making the deal
they should not ask anyone to cancel as that would be the same as a buyer wanting to cancel when the price skyrockets
the dealers took the risk of buying those preorders early hoping that the value would be higher later
while the buyers took the risk of selling the orders early at a potentially lower price in exchange for a guaranteed profit.

this time the buyers came out ahead last time the dealers did that's just the way the world works.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #1424 on: September 22, 2016, 03:27:49 PM »
they should not ask anyone to cancel as that would be the same as a buyer wanting to cancel when the price skyrockets
Buyers can request to back out, odds are the dealer will say no. But I don't think asking is wrong.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1425 on: September 22, 2016, 03:28:54 PM »
FWIW we worked with a PFS competitor, arranged a guarantee, and had dozens of emails from people about non-responsiveness and issues.
I saw they were offering a couple bucks more, but it's not just about the bottom line. We turn down ads from credit repair businesses because they result in complaints and it's not worth the money.

We've yet to get any complaints about PFS.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline JTZ

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: September 22, 2016, 03:31:23 PM »
I will be in on the next deal.  :)
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline pfscoins

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: September 22, 2016, 03:33:28 PM »
my 2˘
dealers should pay the full amount as long as they did not give a deliver by date when making the deal
the dealers took the risk of buying those preorders early hoping that the value would be higher later
while the buyers took the risk of selling the orders early at a potentially lower price in exchange for a guaranteed profit.

this time the buyers came out ahead last time the dealers did that's just the way the world works.

That's a valid argument. Probably the first valid one I've seen about this.

My point of view is a bit different...

We always give a deadline (3 days from when the box arrives to you) to ship the coin(s) to us. This is typically a lot earlier than 2 weeks from the sale date. We also write/wrote no backordered orders... This time was unusual in that the mint decided to hold to these orders for so long so that it fell into this grey area. I would argue that this is like a backordered order.

Importantly, I also gave people a heads-up last week so that they can push through and clear their orders telling them that I man ask them to cancel mid next week if not. This was well before any limits were lifted. And most did call and got theirs shipped at that time.

Also, on the other point you brought up, if you recall from prior "conversations", these were all pre-sold by me as well, whether they come in 2 weeks from now or 2 weeks ago, I'm not making any more or any less than I would if the limit wasn't lifted. This is equally true when the price rises.

My buyers asked me - as partners - and I did the same to my Members - to cancel anything that isn't a "live" order, so that while me and my members might not make the profits on these canceled orders, at least nobody will lose anything (including them if i went through with it.)

Offline Shmulie

• View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: September 22, 2016, 03:35:33 PM »
Buyers can request to back out, odds are the dealer will say no. But I don't think asking is wrong.
I wonder if PFS would agree
I'm just saying they are opening themselves up to people cancelling on them when the tables are turned
is it really worth it? ???

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #1429 on: September 22, 2016, 03:37:56 PM »
I'm just saying they are opening themselves up to people cancelling on them when the tables are turned
How's that?

Offline pfscoins

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: September 22, 2016, 03:42:37 PM »
I wonder if PFS would agree
is it really worth it? ???

If I were asked, I would not "allow" people to back out because of a price change. Ever. I am typically not asked though ;-)

As I just wrote, this has nothing to do with price. I will still be reimbursed fully for every coin I deliver even if members give it to me in a week or two.

In the meanwhile, I have yet to get a request from any of my members to keep the orders in, they clearly understood (based on the initial terms as well as my email last week) that this may happen and were obviously okay with it. And as I wrote earlier, if I did get such a request, I'd take the coins and pay the full promised profits.

Offline Shmulie

• View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: September 22, 2016, 03:43:26 PM »
How's that?
I think by cancelling on people now some people won't feel bad if they go and then cancel on them when it works out the other way

Offline pfscoins

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: September 22, 2016, 03:48:19 PM »
I think by cancelling on people now some people won't feel bad if they go and then cancel on them when it works out the other way

I think they're very different. A comparable would be if they already got the coins (and couldn't return them to the mint), and then i told them that I'm backing out and I don't want the coins... In that case, I think you have an argument. This is very different.

Having said that, if one of these couple of dozen people use this as an "excuse" to why they back out on a future deal, I guess you could tell me "I told you so". I'd still argue the difference.

Offline Shmulie

• View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: September 22, 2016, 03:51:00 PM »
If I were asked, I would not "allow" people to back out because of a price change. Ever. I am typically not asked though ;-)
as people should not allow the dealers (not you) to back out either.

As I just wrote, this has nothing to do with price. I will still be reimbursed fully for every coin I deliver even if members give it to me in a week or two.
Then maybe you should fight for your members to get what they were promised?
In the meanwhile, I have yet to get a request from any of my members to keep the orders in, they clearly understood (based on the initial terms as well as my email last week) that this may happen and were obviously okay with it.
I don't think most people understood this might happen and just because they are complying with your request does not mean that they are okay with it

And as I wrote earlier, if I did get such a request, I'd take the coins and pay the full promised profits.
good then we agree that is the right thing to do

Offline JTZ

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: September 22, 2016, 03:52:26 PM »
Bottom line is asking to cancel was a bad idea. We all make mistakes.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: September 22, 2016, 03:52:44 PM »
Considering no one was cancelled on, I do not understand your statement.

Offline pfscoins

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: September 22, 2016, 03:53:35 PM »
as people should not allow the dealers (not you) to back out either.
Then maybe you should fight for your members to get what they were promised?I don't think most people understood this might happen and just because they are complying with your request does not mean that they are okay with it
good then we agree that is the right thing to do

We'll agree to disagree. ;-)

I got to get back to work

Offline Shmulie

• View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: September 22, 2016, 03:53:50 PM »
I think they're very different. A comparable would be if they already got the coins (and couldn't return them to the mint), and then i told them that I'm backing out and I don't want the coins... In that case, I think you have an argument. This is very different.
I disagree
Having said that, if one of these couple of dozen people use this as an "excuse" to why they back out on a future deal, I guess you could tell me "I told you so". I'd still argue the difference.
I didn't say this was necessarily the right way of thinking I'm just saying this might be how some people see it

Offline mgarfin

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: September 22, 2016, 04:48:31 PM »
FWIW we worked with a PFS competitor, arranged a guarantee, and had dozens of emails from people about non-responsiveness and issues.
I saw they were offering a couple bucks more, but it's not just about the bottom line. We turn down ads from credit repair businesses because they result in complaints and it's not worth the money.

Good to know that if I have an issue with a deal on the DD, I'm supposed to email you for help.

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: September 22, 2016, 05:13:33 PM »
When the dealers say that I shouldn't open the box, do they mean the brown outside Packaging? If yes what will they do if my wife opened a drop of   the brown Packaging?
Yes.  They want to officially 'grade' the coin.  So they need it mint-wrapped.
If you haven't reached the coin with the amount of box opened, I would just tape it closed.  If you've opened it more, contact your buyer.
My favorite cause: cssy.org