Topic Wiki

PFS has purchased the exclusive rights on Coin offers on DD/DDF, going forward no other offers will be permitted.Sign up here.

Click HERE to see current coin deal!

-No commercial advertising.
-Discussion of forum moderation actions and forum rules must be done via the Private Messaging (PM) system.

Note: PFS Buyers Club takes full and sole responsibility for the reimbursement of these coins. That includes thousands of happy participants!

If you miss out on a coin deal you can try to check the following day/days for coins to get back into stock due to canceled orders.
Exactly 7:30am EST.

Remember to use the same Credit Card, Shipping, and Billing info, all on the same name and address.

Buying/Selling is only in the other thread.
https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?action=post;quote=2487679;topic=62276.6650;last_msg=2488130

Cards that do not earn on US Mint purchases:
Fidelity Cashback (2%)

Amex: Effective January 15, 2021, the definition of a cash advance will now include “precious metal coins or bullion.” However, as of July 2021, this does not seem to be enforced.

[/b]
« Last edited by yos9694 on August 18, 2021, 01:46:13 PM »

Author Topic: New Coin Deal  (Read 1247075 times)

Offline ~King Lake~

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: New Coin Deal
« Reply #3200 on: November 17, 2019, 05:37:01 PM »
I too have an ethical question.

I committed to a certain person but unfortunately I was unable to get any orders through due to the website constantly crashing. I told him that I couldn't get any orders and he was okay with it, obviously I'm not the only one in this situation.

Today, I noticed a pending charge on my credit card for $70.90 from the mint. I checked my online US Mint account and I see an order is processing. I still never got an email confirmation for this order.

Now, should I give it to the person whom I committed to or rather since he already counted me out, I can give to whomever I want.

I don't want him to say this about me: so I was thinking to just give it to him regardless.
I think this is the first normal question on the past few pages ;D
I’m in shape, round is a shape…

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #3201 on: November 17, 2019, 05:41:00 PM »
I think this is the first normal question on the past few pages ;D
...and the answer is obvious so not sure why the question.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline ~King Lake~

• View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: November 17, 2019, 06:40:14 PM »
...and the answer is obvious so not sure why the question.
It's obvious maybe (although it's questionable if there answer is obvious ;)) but the question is still the most normal one, not some crook trying to get his feelings calmed by asking all kind of questions so he thinks that he is right!

Offline EJB

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: November 17, 2019, 06:47:01 PM »
It's obvious maybe (although it's questionable if there answer is obvious ;)) but the question is still the most normal one, not some crook trying to get his feelings calmed by asking all kind of questions so he thinks that he is right!

Or maybe he is

Offline ~King Lake~

• View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: November 17, 2019, 06:48:48 PM »

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: November 17, 2019, 06:48:57 PM »
Now that I have a SIL to help out I need them even more!
I'm on it.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #3206 on: November 17, 2019, 06:54:21 PM »
I'm not saying PFS specifically. I'm talking about all the BG's who didnt leave it to the buyers to decide if they want to return the NES classic and made the decision for them.
Leave buying groups out of the question, coin deals and buying groups is two separate things.
  Items being purchased for a buying group doesn't come with a $450 profit.
 Ones apples and oranges.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: November 17, 2019, 07:02:24 PM »
Leave buying groups out of the question, coin deals and buying groups is two separate things.
  Items being purchased for a buying group doesn't come with a $450 profit.
 Ones apples and oranges.

They’re the same thing...

Offline pfscoins

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: November 17, 2019, 07:05:39 PM »
Someone @'d me and wrote that I should "chime in". As you can imagine, I've been swamped over the last few days (Boruch Hashem for Shabbos!), and there's no way i am going to read the last 10-15 pages of this thread that I missed.
I did post the following on another site, so I figured I'd just copy and paste it here... Enjoy! (the middle piece is about some guy who claimed I stole his coin and never paid him.)

Guys, this is becoming increasingly pathetic.

Please – anyone that opted in to our deal – please stop looking for ways to rationalize a decision or a contemplation of a decision of backing out of the deal that you made.

If you’re okay with yourself to back-out and don’t care about commitments, terms and agreement, then that’s fine, but to start pulling at straws like this, it’s ridiculous.

If you have a moral compass and know what’s right, do what’s right. We all get it. Money makes people do strange things, but this is asinine.

Let’s go over that single individual’s case, and then move on to this deal…

That case – the weight of the package when dropped off at FedEx – the initial scan – showed that just a box was sent. An empty box. We had one email to the member notifying him that the box arrived empty and that he’s not getting paid. From his response (or lack thereof) It was obvious to us and to our attorney that that was the case – so we didn’t even bother to file a claim with FedEx.

We’ve had dozens of lost packages or missing content packages and we’ve filed claims on all of them ex-this one, and we’ve always paid out our members in full (including promised commissions).

We have thousands of satisfied members, thousands. This is one guy, that obviously tried to scam us, and we didn’t fall for it. end of story.

THIS DEAL – it’s simple. Our business model follow this typical path – We pre-sell our EXPECTED orders to a dealer or two – we made great connections (over 13 years doing this, and work with the largest in the business – names that were mentioned in this thread, name you all know).
we do this for EVERY DEAL WE RUN. the last time PFS didn’t pre-sell our expected orders was in October of 2015 (JFK C&C sets). We have done >20 deals since. This is a fact.

Now, typically we give ~60% of the premium the we receive (over mint cost) to our members, we have about 20% of opex, and are lucky/extremely happy if we net 20% of what the total premium is.

The price and premium we get ALWAYS has to do with the pre-sale “value” of the item.

CASE IN POINT – this is our 4th deal we ran this year. We did the Apollo coins at the start of the year, The Pride Sets in July, and we just did the Palladium coin a bit ago. ALL THREE OF THOSE DEALS we received a premium, shared it liberally with our members, and they ALL – each one of the three – declined in value RIGHT AWAY – neither sold out at the Mint, and buyers (including ourselves and our dealers) were able to buy as many as they wanted 24 hours later directly from the mint.

We came through – to every buyer – there were between $700 and $1987 in spend (depending on which deal) there were commissions paid out, FedEx labels sent, emails answered, boxes packed etc.

PFS NEVER went and negotiated with our members, hey, cancel your order, or let me pay you less since they’re worth less, or let me buy the coins ourselves so we can get our own credit card points. never.

ALL OF A SUDDEN there’s a deal the works in the favor our OUR DEALERS – (for us – and our members – this was a guaranteed deal and this should be like each and every other deal – where we had the guarantee and we had the risless profit…) but no, now PFS is the villain!! PFS is preying on people that had no clue while they knew this was going to explode!

FACT: PFS sold our entire quantity – even more than we’ll likely end up getting – PRIOR to the “value” increasing.

Realistically, there are two items here, there’s the silver eagle on Wednesday the 13th – that we all had a price and a fair value for, and we were all were SO EXCITED about getting paid $100 for spending 20 minutes at lunch break the next day.

And now the item dwarfed into something so much bigger, everyone wants in on the upside! I don’t get it, I really don’t. You can’t invest in a guaranteed Bank CD at 2% interest and then call the Banker and ask for the 20% that the S&P 500 returned!!! This is precisely what’s going on.

We clearly warned about it to…
“*There are 30,000 of these coins being minted, and we do not want to hold any extra inventory for ourselves. It truly is impossible to know if they’ll be a good investment / speculation and if they don’t sell out, the Mint will likely lift the household limits 24 hours after they go on sale.
*You must be approved before making the purchase. If you do not receive a confirmation email to purchase you will not be reimbursed.
*On the same note, since we want to fill our entire purchase order and are not accepting extra opt-ins, if you do want to partake in this deal, please make sure that you will be available to make the purchase at exactly 12PM ET.
*We cannot afford to be a backstop for people wanting to speculate afterward. Any unfilled quantity we have, could have went to someone else that may not have been approved for the offer because of your spot. If you opt in – you must be fully committed to fulfill the deal.”

Bottom line for all those who opted in and are reading this…
For those that would like to honor their commitment to PFS, so we in-turn can honor our commitments to our buyers… we have been bumping member’s payout up to $300 total. (I did one person’s to $337 as a unique case. I can’t do that across the board, sorry.) email us and we’ll raise yours to $300, no questions asked.

If you don’t want to honor the deal after reading this, please, grab your “courage” and email me stating that you read this and still don’t care, and i’ll close you out of the system. Again, no questions asked.

The back and forth in this thread and with some of the emails is straight out hurtful. People counting the money that I’m certainly making and how I’m the villain! PFS has helped THOUSANDS across the country earn hundreds and thousands of dollars, points, miles, all without risk, and in easy, simple, pleasant fashion on a robust platform and with great execution. We don’t need one comment of one unhappy member who is looking for an excuse to make a few extra dollars, changing that.

Over and out.
– Aron

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: November 17, 2019, 07:11:27 PM »
Someone @'d me and wrote that I should "chime in". As you can imagine, I've been swamped over the last few days (Boruch Hashem for Shabbos!), and there's no way i am going to read the last 10-15 pages of this thread that I missed.
I did post the following on another site, so I figured I'd just copy and paste it here... Enjoy! (the middle piece is about some guy who claimed I stole his coin and never paid him.)

Please – anyone that opted in to our deal – please stop looking for ways to rationalize a decision or a contemplation of a decision of backing out of the deal that you made.

If you’re okay with yourself to back-out and don’t care about commitments, terms and agreement, then that’s fine, but to start pulling at straws like this, it’s ridiculous.

If you have a moral compass and know what’s right, do what’s right. We all get it. Money makes people do strange things, but this is asinine.

That case – the weight of the package when dropped off at FedEx – the initial scan – showed that just a box was sent. An empty box. We had one email to the member notifying him that the box arrived empty and that he’s not getting paid. From his response (or lack thereof) It was obvious to us and to our attorney that that was the case – so we didn’t even bother to file a claim with FedEx.

We’ve had dozens of lost packages or missing content packages and we’ve filed claims on all of them ex-this one, and we’ve always paid out our members in full (including promised commissions).

We have thousands of satisfied members, thousands. This is one guy, that obviously tried to scam us, and we didn’t fall for it. end of story.

THIS DEAL – it’s simple. Our business model follow this typical path – We pre-sell our EXPECTED orders to a dealer or two – we made great connections (over 13 years doing this, and work with the largest in the business – names that were mentioned in this thread, name you all know).
we do this for EVERY DEAL WE RUN. the last time PFS didn’t pre-sell our expected orders was in October of 2015 (JFK C&C sets). We have done >20 deals since. This is a fact.

Now, typically we give ~60% of the premium the we receive (over mint cost) to our members, we have about 20% of opex, and are lucky/extremely happy if we net 20% of what the total premium is.

The price and premium we get ALWAYS has to do with the pre-sale “value” of the item.

CASE IN POINT – this is our 4th deal we ran this year. We did the Apollo coins at the start of the year, The Pride Sets in July, and we just did the Palladium coin a bit ago. ALL THREE OF THOSE DEALS we received a premium, shared it liberally with our members, and they ALL – each one of the three – declined in value RIGHT AWAY – neither sold out at the Mint, and buyers (including ourselves and our dealers) were able to buy as many as they wanted 24 hours later directly from the mint.

We came through – to every buyer – there were between $700 and $1987 in spend (depending on which deal) there were commissions paid out, FedEx labels sent, emails answered, boxes packed etc.

PFS NEVER went and negotiated with our members, hey, cancel your order, or let me pay you less since they’re worth less, or let me buy the coins ourselves so we can get our own credit card points. never.

ALL OF A SUDDEN there’s a deal the works in the favor our OUR DEALERS – (for us – and our members – this was a guaranteed deal and this should be like each and every other deal – where we had the guarantee and we had the risless profit…) but no, now PFS is the villain!! PFS is preying on people that had no clue while they knew this was going to explode!

FACT: PFS sold our entire quantity – even more than we’ll likely end up getting – PRIOR to the “value” increasing.

Realistically, there are two items here, there’s the silver eagle on Wednesday the 13th – that we all had a price and a fair value for, and we were all were SO EXCITED about getting paid $100 for spending 20 minutes at lunch break the next day.

And now the item dwarfed into something so much bigger, everyone wants in on the upside! I don’t get it, I really don’t. You can’t invest in a guaranteed Bank CD at 2% interest and then call the Banker and ask for the 20% that the S&P 500 returned!!! This is precisely what’s going on.

“*There are 30,000 of these coins being minted, and we do not want to hold any extra inventory for ourselves. It truly is impossible to know if they’ll be a good investment / speculation and if they don’t sell out, the Mint will likely lift the household limits 24 hours after they go on sale.
*You must be approved before making the purchase. If you do not receive a confirmation email to purchase you will not be reimbursed.
*On the same note, since we want to fill our entire purchase order and are not accepting extra opt-ins, if you do want to partake in this deal, please make sure that you will be available to make the purchase at exactly 12PM ET.
*We cannot afford to be a backstop for people wanting to speculate afterward. Any unfilled quantity we have, could have went to someone else that may not have been approved for the offer because of your spot. If you opt in – you must be fully committed to fulfill the deal.”

For those that would like to honor their commitment to PFS, so we in-turn can honor our commitments to our buyers… we have been bumping member’s payout up to $300 total. (I did one person’s to $337 as a unique case. I can’t do that across the board, sorry.) email us and we’ll raise yours to $300, no questions asked.

If you don’t want to honor the deal after reading this, please, grab your “courage” and email me stating that you read this and still don’t care, and i’ll close you out of the system. Again, no questions asked.

The back and forth in this thread and with some of the emails is straight out hurtful. People counting the money that I’m certainly making and how I’m the villain! PFS has helped THOUSANDS across the country earn hundreds and thousands of dollars, points, miles, all without risk, and in easy, simple, pleasant fashion on a robust platform and with great execution. We don’t need one comment of one unhappy member who is looking for an excuse to make a few extra dollars, changing that.

Over and out.
– Aron

Very fair. Shkoyach for posting.

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #3210 on: November 17, 2019, 07:11:50 PM »

Over and out.
– Aron
Gezuntaheit, but well written!
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline zagguru

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: November 17, 2019, 07:12:13 PM »

Over and out.
– Aron

Well said. Thanks for chiming in.
Hope you have a way of blocking people who back out so you dont have to deal with there non-sense on future deals.

Offline EJB

• View Profile
New Coin Deal
« Reply #3212 on: November 17, 2019, 07:12:58 PM »
Well said. Thanks for chiming in.
Hope you have a way of blocking people who back out so you dont have to deal with there non-sense on future deals.

Honestly unless ppl sent confirmation numbers can’t imagine it’s easy to find out who backed out and who just didn’t get lucky. And even if they did, might have been cancelled by mint (though I haven’t heard of mass cancellations ).

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: November 17, 2019, 07:18:06 PM »
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 07:25:07 PM by EJB »

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: November 17, 2019, 07:27:14 PM »
And to all of you thinking you can just speculate on these coins and then return them if they dont sell out (i.e. only take upside risk)...
1. The mint will probably tie your $$$ up for 1-2 months
2. You will still be on the hook for shipping
3. If you do it for more than a few coins the mint will probably ban you

Offline zagguru

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: November 17, 2019, 07:29:46 PM »
Honestly unless ppl sent confirmation numbers can’t imagine it’s easy to find out who backed out and who just didn’t get lucky. And even if they did, might have been cancelled by mint (though I haven’t heard of mass cancellations ).

At the very least, repeat offenders.

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: November 17, 2019, 07:38:33 PM »
At the very least, repeat offenders.

Could just be poor orderers. Who perhaps should also be banned :)

Offline bb1836

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 154
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: November 17, 2019, 07:42:47 PM »
Since when does "next day air" mean 4-5 days after purchase?
As @davidmal says: "Likes" feed the family

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #3218 on: November 17, 2019, 07:44:00 PM »
You have to account for processing time.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline EJB

• View Profile
New Coin Deal
« Reply #3219 on: November 17, 2019, 07:44:55 PM »
They didn’t promise youd receive the coin by a certain day...