Topic Wiki

PFS has purchased the exclusive rights on Coin offers on DD/DDF, going forward no other offers will be permitted.Sign up here.

Click HERE to see current coin deal!

-No commercial advertising.
-Discussion of forum moderation actions and forum rules must be done via the Private Messaging (PM) system.

Note: PFS Buyers Club takes full and sole responsibility for the reimbursement of these coins. That includes thousands of happy participants!

If you miss out on a coin deal you can try to check the following day/days for coins to get back into stock due to canceled orders.
Exactly 7:30am EST.

Remember to use the same Credit Card, Shipping, and Billing info, all on the same name and address.

Buying/Selling is only in the other thread.
https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?action=post;quote=2487679;topic=62276.6650;last_msg=2488130

Cards that do not earn on US Mint purchases:
Fidelity Cashback (2%)

Amex: Effective January 15, 2021, the definition of a cash advance will now include “precious metal coins or bullion.” However, as of July 2021, this does not seem to be enforced.

[/b]
« Last edited by yos9694 on August 18, 2021, 01:46:13 PM »

Author Topic: New Coin Deal  (Read 1229182 times)

Offline US

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
New Coin Deal
« Reply #3280 on: November 18, 2019, 11:35:56 PM »
Just spent with them an hour over the phone , they say that the reason it was cancelled was bcs the info didn't match. Which is absolutely false. My cc info exactly matched my shipping address.
Same Got today cancellation.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 11:43:38 PM by US »

Offline Eliyohu

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: New Coin Deal
« Reply #3281 on: November 18, 2019, 11:55:16 PM »
A point of view I didn't consider from a DOC poster.

Personally I think this is hilarious. These guys who are seasoned professionals, enlisted tons of people to help them bypass the rules that are designed to allow real collectors and individuals a chance to get 1 copy of this rare item.
They KNEW what the price was going to be, especially since they were already selling for 500+ well before they went live. They still offered people 200, when tons of other dealers (reputable ones) were offering 4-500 (and those guys were planning on reselling them also). The try to trade in this notion of, well won’t scam you so what we offer is great! Well, plenty of other people won’t scam, but offered people double or more for their item, instead of trying to seize even more of the profit.
The FACT is that if dealers are paying 500, they are selling it for even more, but PFS is upset because some people are choosing to not give it to them for 200 so that they can’t make an extra 300 per item that they shouldn’t have been allowed to get anyway because of the Mint rules?
People should honor their agreements for sure. However, enlisting a ton of people who know nothing about this market or collectibles in order to exploit their ignorance to make a colossal profit compared to competitors is not right either. PFS could easily have agreed to pay pay people a little more given the market, but instead they talk about “well once when a cheap item went down a few bucks, we ate the “loss!” Hardly the same as “we used you people to get around the rules to get 1000s of an item that a ton of actual individuals want, but couldn’t get because we cheated to get them en masse, and we are mad that we couldn’t sell them to those same people for a fortune because some people wanted to make a larger share of the profit instead of letting us pay them 100 profit and keep 400+.”
Sorry but I can’t really cry for them. When you are already engaged in a process designed to fundamentally cheat the system to enrich yourself, you give up the moral right to cry when some people get wise and cut you out.
A diff point of view.. the BGs possibly/probably already locked in prices with the dealer they are selling to and can't afford to match the commission of newer POs that other groups are trying to fill... How about the dealer that loses out  when the BGs can't fill their POs when the individual buyers back out..

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #3282 on: November 19, 2019, 12:00:47 AM »
A diff point of view.. the BGs possibly/probably already locked in prices with the dealer they are selling to and can't afford to match the commission of newer POs that other groups are trying to fill... How about the dealer that loses out  when the BGs can't fill their POs when the individual buyers back out..
Correct and you should look at all point of views.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline Live N Learn

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: November 19, 2019, 03:23:41 AM »
wow! need a few Fridays for this thread. I wish a mod could clean this up...
".איזהו חכם, הלומד מכל אדם"

Offline EJB

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: November 19, 2019, 06:51:31 AM »

The orthodox Jewish way is “my way or the highway”

Online CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #3285 on: November 19, 2019, 06:52:44 AM »
wow! need a few Fridays for this thread. I wish a mod could clean this up...
This is the thread to discuss coin deals. There is a thread to buy/sell your coin/s in GFS/T.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #3286 on: November 19, 2019, 07:37:02 AM »
Or the facts. Take your pick.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline zale

• View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: November 19, 2019, 09:15:36 AM »
Anyone else's order still "processing"?

Offline tzifanya54

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: November 19, 2019, 09:38:55 AM »

Personally I think this is hilarious. These guys who are seasoned professionals, enlisted tons of people to help them bypass the rules that are designed to allow real collectors and individuals a chance to get 1 copy of this rare item.
They KNEW what the price was going to be, especially since they were already selling for 500+ well before they went live. They still offered people 200, when tons of other dealers (reputable ones) were offering 4-500 (and those guys were planning on reselling them also). The try to trade in this notion of, well won’t scam you so what we offer is great! Well, plenty of other people won’t scam, but offered people double or more for their item, instead of trying to seize even more of the profit.
The FACT is that if dealers are paying 500, they are selling it for even more, but PFS is upset because some people are choosing to not give it to them for 200 so that they can’t make an extra 300 per item that they shouldn’t have been allowed to get anyway because of the Mint rules?
People should honor their agreements for sure. However, enlisting a ton of people who know nothing about this market or collectibles in order to exploit their ignorance to make a colossal profit compared to competitors is not right either. PFS could easily have agreed to pay pay people a little more given the market, but instead they talk about “well once when a cheap item went down a few bucks, we ate the “loss!” Hardly the same as “we used you people to get around the rules to get 1000s of an item that a ton of actual individuals want, but couldn’t get because we cheated to get them en masse, and we are mad that we couldn’t sell them to those same people for a fortune because some people wanted to make a larger share of the profit instead of letting us pay them 100 profit and keep 400+.”
Sorry but I can’t really cry for them. When you are already engaged in a process designed to fundamentally cheat the system to enrich yourself, you give up the moral right to cry when some people get wise and cut you out.
I think that calling what they are doing "cheating en masse" is definitely a stretch. If people were ordering only one per household, and they are flipping for a quick profit, it's essentially no different than any collector looking for one. I am just as entitled to order one for myself and make a few dollars as collectors are to order for themselves. While the may be skirting the rules technically, I don't think I would call it cheating. Using bots to get many would be cheating, This is just taking advantage of a lucrative opportunity.

Offline Live N Learn

• View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: November 19, 2019, 10:06:42 AM »
This is the thread to discuss coin deals. There is a thread to buy/sell your coin/s in GFS/T.
coin deals, yes. ethics, no.
".איזהו חכם, הלומד מכל אדם"

Offline ah giten

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: November 19, 2019, 11:31:48 AM »
Anyone else's order still "processing"?
yes, but didn't select express shipping.

Offline justaregularguy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: November 19, 2019, 11:48:59 AM »
whos keeping the coin? (Im not buying- I just want a show of hands)
nothings impossible- the word itself says Im possible

Offline normathej

• View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: November 19, 2019, 11:50:16 AM »
whos keeping the coin? (Im not buying- I just want a show of hands)

I am keeping mine.

Offline lunatic

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: November 19, 2019, 12:30:17 PM »

My thoughts exactly. These folks knew good and well that they were low balling

Offline chinagel

• View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: November 19, 2019, 01:07:47 PM »
My thoughts exactly. These folks knew good and well that they were low balling
So don't buy for them. Still not a reason why you can use them for free insurance.

Offline 6girls

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: November 19, 2019, 01:14:07 PM »
Aside from the low mintage, does below have something to do with the hype or is this totally meaningless:

" For the first time, each coin is also packaged with a numbered Certificate of Authenticity. Keep your eye on this one because Director Ryder has signed the first 100 numbered Certificates of Authenticity which will be randomly mixed into our inventory!"
Can anyone confirm this? Has anyone actually gotten a signed certificate?

Offline normathej

• View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: November 19, 2019, 01:39:49 PM »
Can anyone confirm this? Has anyone actually gotten a signed certificate?

How many people on this forum actually opened their coin box?  I'm guessing practically none...

Offline zale

• View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: November 19, 2019, 01:53:31 PM »
How many people on this forum actually opened their coin box?  I'm guessing practically none...

There are a bunch of numbnuts on eBay opening the boxes and trying to sell them for $1100-$1200

Take this genius for example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-S-American-Eagle-One-Ounce-Silver-Enhanced-Reverse-Proof-Coin-IN-HAND/323985639063?hash=item4b6f0c8697:g:cUMAAOSwerZd1DW8

Offline meme

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: November 19, 2019, 01:57:24 PM »
There are a bunch of numbnuts on eBay opening the boxes and trying to sell them for $1100-$1200

Take this genius for example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-S-American-Eagle-One-Ounce-Silver-Enhanced-Reverse-Proof-Coin-IN-HAND/323985639063?hash=item4b6f0c8697:g:cUMAAOSwerZd1DW8
Who said opening box is negative? As long as they don’t open the actual coin shouldn’t make a difference for collecting purposes.

Offline meme

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: November 19, 2019, 02:00:42 PM »
I am keeping mine.
Are you a collector or you just think might as well hold for investment?