Topic Wiki

PFS has purchased the exclusive rights on Coin offers on DD/DDF, going forward no other offers will be permitted.

Click HERE to see current coin deal!

-No commercial advertising.
-Discussion of forum moderation actions and forum rules must be done via the Private Messaging (PM) system.
Quote from: Sep. 8 deal
Purchase A Coin For $489.95 From The Mint And Get $523 Back!

Please note: This is a paid advertisement.

Join this deal here.

Use code: DANS2 on the opt in page to receive this guaranteed price.

Tomorrow at 12:00pm EST the US Mint will release a limited edition coin. The purchase is limited to one coin per household.

The coin will cost $485. After including the standard $4.95 shipping, the total will be $489.95.

You will have the box shipped to your own house or office and then ship them to PFS Buyers Club with a prepaid FedEx shipping label that we will provide for you.

PFS will pay you $523 for a profit of $33.05. This is also an opportunity to earn some valuable points/miles on your credit cards.

For full deal details and terms, as well as the ability to opt in to this deal, you must be a PFS Buyers Club Member.

Join PFS Buyers Club here.
Note: PFS Buyers Club takes full and sole responsibility for the reimbursement of these coins. That includes thousands of happy participants!

Cards that do not earn on US Mint purchases:
Fidelity Cashback (2%)

Cards known to earn on US Mint purchases:
« Last edited by gozalim on February 25, 2019, 12:00:36 AM »

Author Topic: New Coin Deal  (Read 237351 times)

Offline chayal101

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Re: US Mint Coins For Sale (Individuals only)
« Reply #3435 on: November 20, 2019, 09:32:58 PM »
Pleasseeeee don't make me read 15 pages... lol
The debate is scattered amongst 3 threads... @myi (i think) tried to get the conversation moved to just shmooze page but it never panned out...
Chaya L.

Offline mileagejunkie

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 411
    • View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: November 20, 2019, 09:38:51 PM »
Why not as we have this same (use your own word) every time. You made a commitment so honor it. CASE CLOSED!!!
I didn't say you should or shouldn't honor it, I only offered a path to a solution to people who might have asked their LOR or who are still looking for an answer.
But sure, you can just pretend I didn't say anything and that you know it all.

Offline gingyguy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 36
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I don't like to brag
« Reply #3437 on: November 20, 2019, 09:40:33 PM »
I didn't say you should or shouldn't honor it, I only offered a path to a solution to people who might have asked their LOR or who are still looking for an answer.
if you were to read the 15 pages that you don't want to, there are people that already asked their Rov  and were told to keep their commitment. But at this point it's already beating a dead horse
May you slide down the banister of happiness & get many splinters of success up your career.

Offline CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA
« Reply #3438 on: November 20, 2019, 09:41:24 PM »
I am not dismissing anything you said. It is like, Hey it is raining out should I grab my umbrella. Some things are right there in front of you.
You're so far up Trump's a** you can see Giuliani's feet.  HT Baruch

Offline gingyguy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 36
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I don't like to brag
« Reply #3439 on: November 20, 2019, 09:43:25 PM »
+100

According to Halachah, backing out puts one in the category of Mechusarei Emanah, not something I would want to be part of.
They should ask their Ruv.. It's easy for you to say.
I did.
And besides, it's clear-cut in Shulchan Aruch.
Actually, the Rav just let me know that if there was a set of rules to agree to by opting-in, it could be a a lot worse than Mechusarei Emanah.
Possibly even disqualifying the offender from being a Kosher witness.
May you slide down the banister of happiness & get many splinters of success up your career.

Offline mileagejunkie

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 411
    • View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: November 20, 2019, 09:47:05 PM »

Is said Rav willing to come out and say that is the psak for everyone? If so, PFS should partner with him :) I asked someone very competent who offered to forward the case, if you're not interested then feel free to ignore it.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA
« Reply #3441 on: November 20, 2019, 09:55:42 PM »
Is said Rav willing to come out and say that is the psak for everyone? If so, PFS should partner with him :) I asked someone very competent who offered to forward the case, if you're not interested then feel free to ignore it.
How about you move/post it in the religious question thread?
What if every thread I turned into a political thread? Wait that is a bad example.  :)
You're so far up Trump's a** you can see Giuliani's feet.  HT Baruch

Offline User6669

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: New Coin Deal
« Reply #3442 on: November 20, 2019, 10:13:02 PM »
They finally started moving this morning.
He literally knows the entire red coin book by heart, and spends all of his (granted, minimal) income on coins...
Sell it, and give him a few hundred box to spend on other coins.
".איזהו חכם, הלומד מכל אדם"

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #3443 on: November 20, 2019, 10:26:37 PM »
It is silly to gauge whether investments are good by whether they outpace inflation. If you had $1000 in 1995 and that turned to $1668 today (even guaranteed, which coins are definitely not), that would be a poor investment. If it turned to $2500 with risk, that would still be a poor investment (3.9% return). The S&P went up almost 6x since then and the 30 yr treasury was 7% in 1995.

You're quoting the wrong person. I never suggested inflation was an appropriate metric by which to judge investments.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline EJB

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: November 20, 2019, 10:34:44 PM »
You're quoting the wrong person. I never suggested inflation was an appropriate metric by which to judge investments.

Eh, if inflation were to revert to the long-term average, the total return would match that of the 95 coin. No need to move south.

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 291
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #3445 on: November 20, 2019, 10:56:38 PM »
   It's good to see you around In this thread, was waiting for members like you to show up here, who have their head on their shoulders. ( Or at least it appears you do from the way you express yourself in the posts throughout the forum.)
Don't try to be someone else , be who you are because everyone else is taken.

Offline yos9694

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: November 21, 2019, 11:04:54 AM »

You should forward it, and then try to get it written up in Business Halacha. This story is a great case study. There's a huge lack of understanding about Choshen Mishpat unfortunately and being mefarsem real stories is valuable. Not enough people learn ChM. It's nearly impossible for people who are involved in a case to accept when the halacha doesn't say what their emotions decided it should say.

Offline jackblack

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: November 21, 2019, 11:12:52 AM »
I asked a big Choshen Mishpat Dayan in Lakewood for a psak (I can disclose his name via PM if anyone is interested) and after studying their back and forth emails he said I can 100% back out of my commitment to PFS. I ended up sending my coin anyway to them because I felt that was the right thing to do, but just so everyone knows there are poskim who won't call you all the names that the chashuva members here are calling people with this nisayon.

Personally I will never commit to PFS again after this and I know many others are in the same boat as me so I believe they lost out in the long run for not offering higher value for this coin and thus leaving all their buyers (including even them) with a bad taste in their mouths...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 11:18:02 AM by jackblack »

Offline Agoldsc1

• View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: November 21, 2019, 11:14:47 AM »
I asked a big Choshen Mishpat Dayan in Lakewood for a psak (I can disclose his name via PM if anyone is interested) and after studying their back and forth emails he said I can 100% back out of my commitment to PFS. I ended up sending my coin anyway to them because I felt that was the right thing to do, but just so everyone knows there are poskim who won't call you all the names that the chashuva members here are calling people with this nisayon.

Personally I will never commit to PFS again after this and I know many others are in the same boat as me so I believe they lost out in the long run for not offering higher value for this coin...

Without providing his name, can you explain the reasoning?

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: November 21, 2019, 11:37:03 AM »
I asked a big Choshen Mishpat Dayan in Lakewood for a psak (I can disclose his name via PM if anyone is interested) and after studying their back and forth emails he said I can 100% back out of my commitment to PFS.
Reason given ?