Topic Wiki

PFS has purchased the exclusive rights on Coin offers on DD/DDF, going forward no other offers will be permitted.Sign up here.

Click HERE to see current coin deal!

-No commercial advertising.
-Discussion of forum moderation actions and forum rules must be done via the Private Messaging (PM) system.

Note: PFS Buyers Club takes full and sole responsibility for the reimbursement of these coins. That includes thousands of happy participants!

If you miss out on a coin deal you can try to check the following day/days for coins to get back into stock due to canceled orders.
Exactly 7:30am EST.

Remember to use the same Credit Card, Shipping, and Billing info, all on the same name and address.

Buying/Selling is only in the other thread.
https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?action=post;quote=2487679;topic=62276.6650;last_msg=2488130

Cards that do not earn on US Mint purchases:
Fidelity Cashback (2%)

Amex: Effective January 15, 2021, the definition of a cash advance will now include “precious metal coins or bullion.” However, as of July 2021, this does not seem to be enforced.

[/b]
« Last edited by yos9694 on August 18, 2021, 01:46:13 PM »

Author Topic: New Coin Deal  (Read 1260348 times)

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
Re: New Coin Deal
« Reply #4860 on: November 11, 2020, 08:16:45 PM »
One buying group didn't act too honest with me either, I bought a palladium coin with them (the one that lost value) , and when they received it they said they can't accept it because it's not the same order number that I had put in.
(I had cancelled and reordered it to change the payment method and forgot to send them the new order number)

Point being they were within their rights perhaps, but still it wasn't so straight and they left me with a 3000 dollar coin that I wasn't even so sure I would be able to return
Had a BG back out on me. Still stuck with a palladium.

Offline shmebeble

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4861 on: November 11, 2020, 08:21:47 PM »
Reports of the gold being shipped now, check your orders.
where are these reports?

Offline yossig

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4862 on: November 11, 2020, 08:28:59 PM »
where are these reports?
from ppl that had pending orders

Offline drosenberg88429

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4863 on: November 11, 2020, 08:51:20 PM »
I agree with you when the upside we're dealing with is some pocket money, not when it's a months salary.

If the coin goes up to $100k How about $1MM, does one have to honor his commitment?

The point is, it comes to a certain point where you got to admit that the commitment is not valid in these extraordinary circumstances.

There's an old story about this...

A guy goes over to a woman in the street. "Would you sleep with me for $5,000,000?" She says "Sure". "How about $10?", asks the man. "Are you nuts? What do you think I am,  a prostitute?" "We already established that you are", answers the man. "Now we're just negotiating the price."

If you give your word, you're buying as a purchasing agent for the group. You don't own the coin, and never did. The price should be irrelevant to you. Keeping it is effectively selling stolen goods, unless you never planned on keeping your word in the first place, in which case you're a dishonorable creature.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 08:54:29 PM by drosenberg88429 »

Offline lubaby

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4864 on: November 11, 2020, 08:58:40 PM »
Had a BG back out on me. Still stuck with a palladium.
Why didn’t you just return it to the mint within their return window?

Offline Mf1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #4865 on: November 11, 2020, 09:02:06 PM »
One buying group didn't act too honest with me either, I bought a palladium coin with them (the one that lost value) , and when they received it they said they can't accept it because it's not the same order number that I had put in.
(I had cancelled and reordered it to change the payment method and forgot to send them the new order number)

Point being they were within their rights perhaps, but still it wasn't so straight and they left me with a 3000 dollar coin that I wasn't even so sure I would be able to return
Should all buying groups be treated the same?

Offline zale

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4866 on: November 11, 2020, 09:48:59 PM »

If you give your word, you're buying as a purchasing agent for the group. You don't own the coin, and never did. The price should be irrelevant to you. Keeping it is effectively selling stolen goods, unless you never planned on keeping your word in the first place, in which case you're a dishonorable creature.

So theoretically the latter case is better than the former.

In the former you are selling stolen goods, but in the latter you may be a dishonorable creature, but at least you are selling your own coin.

Offline Pad18

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4867 on: November 11, 2020, 10:35:41 PM »

Questions is why the BG don't need to honneur their commitment, and they leave to the guy tge hassle to return it ..

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #4868 on: November 11, 2020, 10:42:13 PM »
If you give your word, you're buying as a purchasing agent for the group.

IINM, purchasing agents don't risk their own money, their own credit, or their own relationships with the product source. It's not quite as black and white as you'd like to make it out to be. Additionally, that purchasing agreement isn't so ironclad the other way when a BG decides they don't want to honor the agreement to take the product at the agreed upon price. They'd help their case tremendously by taking that element out of the equation, IMO.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline lubaby

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4869 on: November 11, 2020, 11:03:57 PM »
Questions is why the BG don't need to honneur their commitment, and they leave to the guy tge hassle to return it ..
That’s a great question that’s comes up here all the time.

I’m asking about once that happened already. I’m curious about the timeline.

After the fact that the buying group backed out, was there not enough time to return it within the return window? Fine, it would cost a few dollars for return shipping, but better then being “stuck” with the coin.

If there was no time, then there might be a claim legally / Halachically to hold them accountable for damages.
But if there was time and the buyer decided to not “cut his losses and walk away”, he made that decision knowing he may end up with nothing.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #4870 on: November 11, 2020, 11:12:21 PM »
That’s a great question that’s comes up here all the time.

I’m asking about once that happened already. I’m curious about the timeline.

After the fact that the buying group backed out, was there not enough time to return it within the return window? Fine, it would cost a few dollars for return shipping, but better then being “stuck” with the coin.

If there was no time, then there might be a claim legally / Halachically to hold them accountable for damages.
But if there was time and the buyer decided to not “cut his losses and walk away”, he made that decision knowing he may end up with nothing.

Even if you return it, the refund isn't immediate. There is a cost involved and there is risk involved.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline ~King Lake~

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4871 on: November 11, 2020, 11:16:47 PM »
Stop fighting about this nonsense!
If you wanna sell the coin by yourself and had signed an agreement with a BG, then do it! Don't come up here and come up with some reason why you're right, you are wrong for not keeping your word, and if the buying group also did it once, I have 2 answers on that: 1. Two wrong doesn't make one right, 2. why did you even sign again with that BG??
I’m in shape, round is a shape…

Offline Aaroncar

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4872 on: November 11, 2020, 11:46:06 PM »
Anyone got refunded from the mint yet for the palladium return?

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #4873 on: November 12, 2020, 12:12:42 AM »
In my case it wasn’t possible to return it to the Mint.
I’m pretty familiar with the market and rarely commit to a BG. An exception was the Palladium 20EK (I didn’t commit with 19EK), where I knew there wouldn’t be any upside in the secondary market.

Offline Aaroncar

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4874 on: November 12, 2020, 12:18:35 AM »

Offline chayal101

• View Profile
« Reply #4875 on: November 12, 2020, 12:52:04 AM »
I really wasn't gonna comment, but I can't control myself... We have had this discussion on this forum over & over again...This is my opinion- I believe it's deceptive for a company to lure someone in to purchasing an item, for a 'nice' profit, without letting them know beforehand that this item can potentially be worth over ten folds more than the purchase price. & when the individual has the item & finds out the 'real' value, they are left open-mouthed, a deep punch in the gut! I'm sorry, how can you NOT feel ripped off?? & the legal commitment you signed makes you feel like a piece of....!! Here are my 2 suggestions for the coin buying companies:
#1- Add to your agreement the specifics about each coin they are signing up for- with the projected value of the coin, so they are 'aware' & understand what they are signing up for!
#2- Be a mentsch with your offer! There should ATLEAST be equal profit for both parties, otherwise it's just rude!
I've never committed to a coin buying company , but I can imagine how ripped off one would feel in such a scenario. For those who are pushing the 'ethical' card, I'm really impressed with you... Just remember, there's a reason you didn't commit this time around, you know exactly how you felt the last time around!!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 01:03:32 AM by chayal101 »
Chaya L.

Offline chayal101

• View Profile
« Reply #4876 on: November 12, 2020, 12:56:38 AM »
& On a positive note!! Like others have reported earlier today, my gold coin order has generated a shipping label!! One step closer B'H!! We shall continue hoping!! Processing NO MORE!! Woooooohoooo!! The US Mint is a Huge Big mess right now. Orders 'shipped' with no updated tracking info., credit card charges dropped... So we won't know forsure until we have it in our own hands!!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 01:18:07 AM by chayal101 »
Chaya L.

Offline 12HRS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4877 on: November 12, 2020, 02:13:36 AM »
I really wasn't gonna comment, but I can't control myself... We have had this discussion on this forum over & over again...This is my opinion- I believe it's deceptive for a company to lure someone in to purchasing an item, for a 'nice' profit, without letting them know beforehand that this item can potentially be worth over ten folds more than the purchase price. & when the individual has the item & finds out the 'real' value, they are left open-mouthed, a deep punch in the gut! I'm sorry, how can you NOT feel ripped off?? & the legal commitment you signed makes you feel like a piece of....!! Here are my 2 suggestions for the coin buying companies:
#1- Add to your agreement the specifics about each coin they are signing up for- with the projected value of the coin, so they are 'aware' & understand what they are signing up for!
#2- Be a mentsch with your offer! There should ATLEAST be equal profit for both parties, otherwise it's just rude!
I've never committed to a coin buying company , but I can imagine how ripped off one would feel in such a scenario. For those who are pushing the 'ethical' card, I'm really impressed with you... Just remember, there's a reason you didn't commit this time around, you know exactly how you felt the last time around!!

I told a friend of mine to try and get the coin and that he would make a few $k if he did, without me he knows absolutely nothing about the coin deal and doesn't get it. should he not sell it to me now?

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #4878 on: November 12, 2020, 02:19:16 AM »
I told a friend of mine to try and get the coin and that he would make a few $k if he did, without me he knows absolutely nothing about the coin deal and doesn't get it. should he not sell it to me now?
You do your research you take the cash, you don't and you're lazy, so you settle with the buying group.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline chayal101

• View Profile
« Reply #4879 on: November 12, 2020, 02:35:42 AM »
Rest assured, if he finds out you made 10x profit using him & offered him such a sleezy deal, he won't want to be your friend any longer!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 02:42:10 AM by chayal101 »
Chaya L.