Topic Wiki

PFS has purchased the exclusive rights on Coin offers on DD/DDF, going forward no other offers will be permitted.Sign up here.

Click HERE to see current coin deal!

-No commercial advertising.
-Discussion of forum moderation actions and forum rules must be done via the Private Messaging (PM) system.

Note: PFS Buyers Club takes full and sole responsibility for the reimbursement of these coins. That includes thousands of happy participants!

If you miss out on a coin deal you can try to check the following day/days for coins to get back into stock due to canceled orders.
Exactly 7:30am EST.

Remember to use the same Credit Card, Shipping, and Billing info, all on the same name and address.

Buying/Selling is only in the other thread.
https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?action=post;quote=2487679;topic=62276.6650;last_msg=2488130

Cards that do not earn on US Mint purchases:
Fidelity Cashback (2%)

Amex: Effective January 15, 2021, the definition of a cash advance will now include “precious metal coins or bullion.” However, as of July 2021, this does not seem to be enforced.

[/b]
« Last edited by yos9694 on August 18, 2021, 01:46:13 PM »

Author Topic: New Coin Deal  (Read 1257234 times)

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Re: New Coin Deal
« Reply #4880 on: November 12, 2020, 02:42:32 AM »
Rest assured, if he finds out you made 10x profit using him & offered him such a sleezy offer, he won't want to be your friend any longer!
Look at the bright side you got him 5k.

While you pocket 5k.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline chayal101

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: November 12, 2020, 02:44:05 AM »
Look at the bright side you got him 5k.

While you pocket 5k.
That's the best case scenario with an almost 50/50 split. That's NOT what BG offers. True?
Chaya L.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #4882 on: November 12, 2020, 02:46:00 AM »
That's the best case scenario with an almost 50/50 split. That's NOT what BG offers. True?
I Answered to your comment, never meantioned anything about BG.

A BG is a secure investment(usually).
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline tzifanya54

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4883 on: November 12, 2020, 09:03:35 AM »
My take here is very simple. This has all already been discussed at great length. If one wants a way out of his commitment, there is plenty of leeway in Halacha to find (a legitimate) way out. Especially in this scenario where BGs are offering a laughable commission compared to the actual value. With that being said there is an ethical mensch side to all this, plus the concept of honoring your word at all costs. Last year I took a significant hit on a few coins with PFS, on one of the deals. I sent it all to them without hesitation (reluctantly obviously because I wanted the higher price, but confident that I was doing the right thing). The reason is simple it has always been a 2 way street, they have never reneged on anything afaik. This years $3000 coin that no one wanted, they took the five I opted in for and paid commissions. They demonstrated that from their end as well a word is a word. That is the key, if they always honor their word on their end by definition our agreement is a much stronger commitment. This applies to any honest group/dealer not just PFS.

When a BG has already demonstrated that they don’t give a damn about you. They will change the price on you if it drops, force you to return at their own discretion, nickel and dime you for every cent etc..... they have already clearly shown the value of their commitment to you. I believe there is no issue in treating them the same way and relying on the various ways to get out of it. Their agreements have zero value in their own eyes as per their actions. /end rant.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: November 12, 2020, 10:12:34 AM »
My take here is very simple. This has all already been discussed at great length. If one wants a way out of his commitment, there is plenty of leeway in Halacha to find (a legitimate) way out. Especially in this scenario where BGs are offering a laughable commission compared to the actual value. With that being said there is an ethical mensch side to all this, plus the concept of honoring your word at all costs. Last year I took a significant hit on a few coins with PFS, on one of the deals. I sent it all to them without hesitation (reluctantly obviously because I wanted the higher price, but confident that I was doing the right thing). The reason is simple it has always been a 2 way street, they have never reneged on anything afaik. This years $3000 coin that no one wanted, they took the five I opted in for and paid commissions. They demonstrated that from their end as well a word is a word. That is the key, if they always honor their word on their end by definition our agreement is a much stronger commitment. This applies to any honest group/dealer not just PFS.

When a BG has already demonstrated that they don’t give a damn about you. They will change the price on you if it drops, force you to return at their own discretion, nickel and dime you for every cent etc..... they have already clearly shown the value of their commitment to you. I believe there is no issue in treating them the same way and relying on the various ways to get out of it. Their agreements have zero value in their own eyes as per their actions. /end rant.
You call me noone!  :P

But in all seriousness yes I agree with you. Well said!

Offline lakewood34

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #4885 on: November 12, 2020, 11:23:06 AM »
ebay went to a managed payments program on their medium to  larger sellers a few months ago
basically they process the payments and send it to your bank account as opposed to going through paypal
I heard from multiple people that are on that managed payments program that bullion is a excluded category and they cannot sell coins
(ebay made a exception for coin dealers that they were not required to switch to managed payments because of this)
I wonder if there is some level of artificial scarcity on some of the coins because not everyone can sell them

Offline chayal101

• View Profile
« Reply #4886 on: November 12, 2020, 11:28:10 AM »
ebay went to a managed payments program on their medium to  larger sellers a few months ago
basically they process the payments and send it to your bank account as opposed to going through paypal
I heard from multiple people that are on that managed payments program that bullion is a excluded category and they cannot sell coins
(ebay made a exception for coin dealers that they were not required to switch to managed payments because of this)
I wonder if there is some level of artificial scarcity on some of the coins because not everyone can sell them
You're saying the fact that there are only around 30 gold coin listings on ebay when there could potentially be more available? Keep in mind, some of these orders are not even 'In hand' they may just be considered 'shipped' (when they haven't even left the Us Mint)
& there are only 1945 pcs although based on DDF there looks like there's a nice amount circulating... Unless DDFers know best how to get a hold of em!
Chaya L.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #4887 on: November 12, 2020, 11:34:19 AM »

1945 coins. There's a limit to how artificial that scarcity can get.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline 12HRS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4888 on: November 12, 2020, 02:26:45 PM »
Rest assured, if he finds out you made 10x profit using him & offered him such a sleezy deal, he won't want to be your friend any longer!

sleazy?  :-\

1) i committed to him way before anyone knew where this coin would go
2) again, he knows absolutely nothing about it without me

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #4889 on: November 12, 2020, 02:31:33 PM »
1945 coins. There's a limit to how artificial that scarcity can get.
Correct, There is no artificial scarcity. Can’t say that for many of the coins.

Offline chayal101

• View Profile
« Reply #4890 on: November 12, 2020, 02:38:37 PM »
sleazy?  :-\

1) i committed to him way before anyone knew where this coin would go
2) again, he knows absolutely nothing about it without me
I re-read your message. Like i answered @myi earlier upthread- IMHO A fair 50/50 split is mentschlich! 25/75 split of profit doesn't seem right to me, unless you're comfortable using your friend's 'cluelessness' as reason to take 75%, then go ahead!...
Chaya L.

Offline coffeebean

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4891 on: November 12, 2020, 02:39:47 PM »
My USPS shipment updated on 3 accounts expected delivery this Monday on all 3

Offline chayal101

• View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: November 12, 2020, 02:43:40 PM »
Credit card charges post? Or are you getting the coins for free??...
Chaya L.

Offline coffeebean

• View Profile
« Reply #4893 on: November 12, 2020, 02:46:33 PM »
Credit card charges post? Or are you getting the coins for free??...
Yup, pending charges disappeared and I got recharged the day it shipped

Offline nescafe

• View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: November 12, 2020, 03:07:05 PM »
Received (silver) coin today

Offline Danlover111

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: November 12, 2020, 03:21:54 PM »
what time did you get your first email on nov 5?

Offline coffeebean

• View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: November 12, 2020, 03:34:15 PM »
what time did you get your first email on nov 5?
On the last coin I got was 1:38pm

Offline chayal101

• View Profile
« Reply #4897 on: November 12, 2020, 08:01:33 PM »
I'm happy to announce that my gold coin is B'H 'IN TRANSIT'!! & still no credit card charge...
Chaya L.

Offline Realshlomo

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4898 on: November 12, 2020, 08:04:33 PM »
I'm happy to announce that my gold coin is B'H 'IN TRANSIT'!! & still no credit card charge...
Look at credit avail to spend. I find even when charges drop it still shows on your used credit.

Offline coffeebean

• View Profile
« Reply #4899 on: November 12, 2020, 08:05:46 PM »
I'm happy for you. B'h! Now my friend is running this tzedaka organization.......