Topic Wiki

PFS has purchased the exclusive rights on Coin offers on DD/DDF, going forward no other offers will be permitted.Sign up here.

Click HERE to see current coin deal!

-No commercial advertising.
-Discussion of forum moderation actions and forum rules must be done via the Private Messaging (PM) system.

Note: PFS Buyers Club takes full and sole responsibility for the reimbursement of these coins. That includes thousands of happy participants!

If you miss out on a coin deal you can try to check the following day/days for coins to get back into stock due to canceled orders.
Exactly 7:30am EST.

Remember to use the same Credit Card, Shipping, and Billing info, all on the same name and address.

Buying/Selling is only in the other thread.
https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?action=post;quote=2487679;topic=62276.6650;last_msg=2488130

Cards that do not earn on US Mint purchases:
Fidelity Cashback (2%)

Amex: Effective January 15, 2021, the definition of a cash advance will now include “precious metal coins or bullion.” However, as of July 2021, this does not seem to be enforced.

[/b]
« Last edited by yos9694 on August 18, 2021, 01:46:13 PM »

Author Topic: New Coin Deal  (Read 1247122 times)

Offline sddd

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: New Coin Deal
« Reply #5060 on: November 20, 2020, 08:53:32 AM »
https://coinweek.com/us-mint-news/a-message-from-united-states-mint-director-david-j-ryder-2/

"We have seen an increase of activity by another sector of customers: buying groups who offer to pay a premium to individuals who purchase our high-demand products. This sector is one of the reasons you are seeing high prices for our products on the secondary market. The Mint has no control over what individuals do with their numismatic products once they are purchased. Some customers choose to add these coins and medals to their collections, while others choose to sell them for a profit.

Offline Joel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #5061 on: November 20, 2020, 09:18:02 AM »
https://coinweek.com/us-mint-news/a-message-from-united-states-mint-director-david-j-ryder-2/

"We have seen an increase of activity by another sector of customers: buying groups who offer to pay a premium to individuals who purchase our high-demand products. This sector is one of the reasons you are seeing high prices for our products on the secondary market. The Mint has no control over what individuals do with their numismatic products once they are purchased. Some customers choose to add these coins and medals to their collections, while others choose to sell them for a profit.
Repost

Offline chayal101

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5062 on: November 20, 2020, 01:15:25 PM »

I didn't start this joke thread. Some above have said that the price is below 10k. I'm open to paying between 8k and 9k if someone is selling. I agree with you.

I believe (or would like to believe) that the coin companies are 'trying' to dominate & control the price of this extremely rare American eagle gold coin. Let's not forget that there's only 1945 out there, Once it sells out, what happens then?? ... I bet you there are more than 1,945 coin collectors out there that want to get a hold of this coin! If you check on ebay, last year's silver proof coin was at 30k mintage & is still easily selling for $900 on almost a daily basis.
Chaya L.

Offline meme

• View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: November 20, 2020, 01:20:44 PM »

I believe (or would like to believe) that the coin companies are 'trying' to dominate & control the price of this extremely rare American eagle gold coin. Let's not forget that there's only 1945 out there, Once it sells out, what happens then?? ... I bet you there are more than 1,945 coin collectors out there that want to get a hold of this coin! If you check on ebay, last year's silver proof coin was at 30k mintage & is still easily selling for $900 on almost a daily basis.
It’s not apples to apples. Gold has a much higher entry price. And most gold collectors don’t just have one gold coin. For every gold collector there are 10 silver collectors. That said it’s definitely a very low mintage coin but it’s anyone’s guess what the settled trading price will be.

Offline myhotrs

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: November 20, 2020, 01:47:39 PM »
It’s not apples to apples. Gold has a much higher entry price. And most gold collectors don’t just have one gold coin. For every gold collector there are 10 silver collectors. That said it’s definitely a very low mintage coin but it’s anyone’s guess what the settled trading price will be.

Sorry to go off-topic, but from where I'm sitting it seems unbecoming to try and lower the price for what I can only guess is personal gain here on DDF. I for one sold one yesterday for over 12k as have multiple people here (today included) and completed Ebay listings are over 13k (high 11's after fees.) So to continue pushing the narrative that prices are cratering is very suspicious.

To me, these forums are an amazing and unique place to find and help like-minded people and its unfortunate to see this kind of behavior.

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: November 20, 2020, 01:54:13 PM »
Sorry to go off-topic, but from where I'm sitting it seems unbecoming to try and lower the price for what I can only guess is personal gain here on DDF. I for one sold one yesterday for over 12k as have multiple people here (today included) and completed Ebay listings are over 13k (high 11's after fees.) So to continue pushing the narrative that prices are cratering is very suspicious.

To me, these forums are an amazing and unique place to find and help like-minded people and its unfortunate to see this kind of behavior.
Might want to find a new seat. I haven’t sold or bought v75 on DDF, and I can tell you that prices tanked a couple of days ago. The
Free market dictates the price. DDF seems to be playing catch up on this thread.
and if there is a buyer who is willing to pay higher, he will win the bid.

Offline meme

• View Profile
New Coin Deal
« Reply #5066 on: November 20, 2020, 01:57:25 PM »

It’s unfortunate to see you accusing a like-minded person here. My information is also coming from actual sales of people buying at 10k and I also mentioned upthread that eBay is now netting in the 11k range after fees. Many people would rather sell privately for 10k cash in hand over eBay and risk getting scammed. The individual who said prices should be high was a seller, yet they are also entitled to present their opinions on why prices should be higher. It’s an open market and everyone can see what things are selling for which is why people should stick to the rules and post their ask/buy price and let the market dictate trading prices. Certainly with the V75 silver people are in denial that prices and buying demand has dropped significantly. That’s a fact anyone can see. I have not seen any buying posts today or most of yesterday for anywhere near people’s asking prices and most buying groups I know are not buying at all.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 02:09:11 PM by meme »

Offline hvaces42

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #5067 on: November 20, 2020, 02:40:52 PM »
Might want to find a new seat. I haven’t sold or bought v75 on DDF, and I can tell you that prices tanked a couple of days ago. The  and if there is a buyer who is willing to pay higher, he will win the bid.
PUOSU

Willing to pay a finders fee of $250 fo a tanked V75. Im a Buyer at your alleged tanked price. Havent seen 1 listed ANYWHERE at or below 10k.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline myhotrs

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: November 20, 2020, 08:02:48 PM »
PUOSU

This!

The silence is deafening. Unless your PMs are blowing up?  ::)

Offline meme

• View Profile

Offline hvaces42

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #5070 on: November 21, 2020, 10:08:53 PM »
This!

The silence is deafening. Unless your PMs are blowing up?  ::)
Clearly a Troll.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline Redbull3

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #5071 on: November 22, 2020, 02:02:32 PM »
Can coins be returned to the mint? unopened

Offline Redbull3

• View Profile
  • Programs: Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #5072 on: November 22, 2020, 02:07:06 PM »
https://coinweek.com/us-mint-news/enough-is-enough-the-u-s-mint-needs-to-change/
Whoever wrote that article is clueless if they think bots are the issue and not humans working for buying groups

Offline meme

• View Profile
« Reply #5073 on: November 22, 2020, 02:08:42 PM »
Can coins be returned to the mint? unopened
Yes, within 7 days of receiving (according their website). Although it may be a pain until your refund posts (as per some reports here)

Offline coffeebean

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5074 on: November 22, 2020, 02:11:00 PM »
Whoever wrote that article is clueless if they think bots are the issue and not humans working for buying groups
I feel like bots wouldn't be able to work around the slow site

Offline meme

• View Profile
« Reply #5075 on: November 22, 2020, 02:30:30 PM »
It’s good they didn’t release zip code info for the “bots”

Offline coffeebean

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5076 on: November 22, 2020, 02:37:22 PM »
Whats the PCGS code for the $87 silver coin?

Offline bznt

• View Profile
« Reply #5077 on: November 22, 2020, 02:39:30 PM »
Anybody still buying the v75 silver?

Offline Aaroncar

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5078 on: November 22, 2020, 04:07:38 PM »
Got emails from mint regarding refund on 3 palladium coins, today.

Offline chayal101

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Chaya L.