Topic Wiki

PFS has purchased the exclusive rights on Coin offers on DD/DDF, going forward no other offers will be permitted.Sign up here.

Click HERE to see current coin deal!

-No commercial advertising.
-Discussion of forum moderation actions and forum rules must be done via the Private Messaging (PM) system.

Note: PFS Buyers Club takes full and sole responsibility for the reimbursement of these coins. That includes thousands of happy participants!

If you miss out on a coin deal you can try to check the following day/days for coins to get back into stock due to canceled orders.
Exactly 7:30am EST.

Remember to use the same Credit Card, Shipping, and Billing info, all on the same name and address.

Buying/Selling is only in the other thread.
https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?action=post;quote=2487679;topic=62276.6650;last_msg=2488130

Cards that do not earn on US Mint purchases:
Fidelity Cashback (2%)

Amex: Effective January 15, 2021, the definition of a cash advance will now include “precious metal coins or bullion.” However, as of July 2021, this does not seem to be enforced.

[/b]
« Last edited by yos9694 on August 18, 2021, 01:46:13 PM »

Author Topic: New Coin Deal  (Read 1267564 times)

Offline Redbull3

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: New Coin Deal
« Reply #6740 on: August 19, 2021, 04:45:06 PM »
Didn't everyone have time to buy and lock in with them?
In this situation, sure, there was 90 minutes between ordering and submitting to them before you're "too late". But that means you only had 90 minutes to shop around - they're really not built for deals where you want to shop around your coin, only if you want to commit beforehand. Also, what if their quota was hit within 5 minutes, then I assume they would have said everyone after 12:06 was too late? Point is with their whole structure, you have no way of annoying if you submitted it in time and don't find out until much later. All the other buyers I'm aware of offer on the spot commitments so unless they have unique deal or commish (like here) I prob wouldn't consider them going forward.

Offline jackst

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6741 on: August 19, 2021, 04:52:57 PM »
anyone's orders of 4 coin set ship recently?

Offline yosefsv

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6742 on: August 19, 2021, 06:44:47 PM »
In this situation, sure, there was 90 minutes between ordering and submitting to them before you're "too late". But that means you only had 90 minutes to shop around - they're really not built for deals where you want to shop around your coin, only if you want to commit beforehand. Also, what if their quota was hit within 5 minutes, then I assume they would have said everyone after 12:06 was too late? Point is with their whole structure, you have no way of annoying if you submitted it in time and don't find out until much later. All the other buyers I'm aware of offer on the spot commitments so unless they have unique deal or commish (like here) I prob wouldn't consider them going forward.
They issued me a PO even though I submitted my information after 1:30, however I contacted them to ask for their price before that.
I don't see why they are committed to everyone who sent them an email. If they got back to you with a price and you responded in a timely manor then I hear your point.
If it benefits even just one fellow DDFer, its worth posting it.

Offline syr73

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6743 on: August 19, 2021, 07:11:46 PM »
They issued me a PO even though I submitted my information after 1:30, however I contacted them to ask for their price before that.

Same.

Offline Redbull3

• View Profile
« Reply #6744 on: August 19, 2021, 07:31:22 PM »
I don't see why they are committed to everyone who sent them an email. If they got back to you with a price and you responded in a timely manor then I hear your point.
Im not saying they are committed.
I do think they’re a little shady because they don’t make it clear that they might back out- we happen to know that from experience but other random people don’t. But that’s a separate point.
I am just saying their lack of commitment makes them worthless compared to the general commerce system we have here on DDF, where you can buy a coin and then find multiple buyers after who are willing to commit on the spot instead

Offline syr73

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6745 on: August 19, 2021, 07:51:09 PM »
I do think they’re a little shady because they don’t make it clear that they might back out- we happen to know that from experience but other random people don’t. But that’s a separate point.
I am just saying their lack of commitment makes them worthless compared to the general commerce system we have here on DDF, where you can buy a coin and then find multiple buyers after who are willing to commit on the spot instead

Agreed. I was hoping to sell here but didn’t hear from anyone in time.

Offline CopyJosh

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6746 on: August 19, 2021, 08:45:13 PM »
Easy, secured my two coin orders already. Waiting for emails... (not spoken for if anyone wants to slide into DMs)

Sold to yomill97 👍

Offline ari3

• View Profile
« Reply #6747 on: August 19, 2021, 09:00:00 PM »
As long as they are upfront how their system works and as long as they are not expecting you to commit before they are commited I don't see anything wrong with their system. They are offering to buy a coin till they hit a certain amount, why should they be obligated to buy more? If you don't like that you can either find a buyer who will commit beforehand (who will usually pay you less) or wait and test the market (and risk demand drying up). This is how they do it and if it doesn't work for you you can sell elsewhere.

Offline ari3

• View Profile
« Reply #6748 on: August 19, 2021, 09:03:16 PM »
Anyone know why I'm not getting free shipping. Signed up for the newsletter and did way more than 3 orders :/
any coin deal that the $5 shipping makes a difference isn't worth dealing with IMHO

Offline RebYid613

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6749 on: August 19, 2021, 11:23:28 PM »
any coin deal that the $5 shipping makes a difference isn't worth dealing with IMHO
If you do a lot of orders it adds up.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #6750 on: August 19, 2021, 11:31:53 PM »

The deal is worth it, but it’s $5 more in your pocket.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline jackst

• View Profile
« Reply #6751 on: August 19, 2021, 11:42:13 PM »
anyone have the 4 coin set turn into backorder today?

Offline Nafster

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6752 on: August 20, 2021, 12:41:17 AM »
 :'(
Anyone know why I'm not getting free shipping. Signed up for the newsletter and did way more than 3 orders :/

It seems like the Mint Loyalty Program has to be manually added to your account or I should say manually confirmed by an agent that it has been added to your account.

To qualify for the free shipping you have to have 3 orders already shipped, so backordered or processing orders don't count (yet).

I was told by an agent to call back once my 4th order ships and they can refund the shipping charges, since they can't edit a backordered or processing order.

Offline yosefsv

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6753 on: August 20, 2021, 12:44:48 AM »
It seems like the Mint Loyalty Program has to be manually added to your account or I should say manually confirmed by an agent that it has been added to your account.

To qualify for the free shipping you have to have 3 orders already shipped, so backordered or processing orders don't count (yet).

I was told by an agent to call back once my 4th order ships and they can refund the shipping charges, since they can't edit a backordered or processing order.
I didn't have to speak to an Agent, I just received an email 2 days after my third order shipped (in Mar) that going forward I will not be charged shipping this year.
If it benefits even just one fellow DDFer, its worth posting it.

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #6754 on: August 20, 2021, 01:47:24 AM »
Since this was asked many times. Here's what you need to have done on your end in order for the free shipping to kick in..

You need to have a Mint customer account and be subscribed to the Product & Promotion Updates email. Be sure to log into the same account for all your purchases.

Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline sbyp2020

• View Profile
« Reply #6755 on: August 20, 2021, 01:53:09 AM »
did i have to be subscribed when i made the 3 orders or can i subscribe now and get free shipping since i already got 3 orders from them?
Ein Ode Milvado!

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #6756 on: August 20, 2021, 01:56:10 AM »
did i have to be subscribed when i made the 3 orders or can i subscribe now and get free shipping since i already got 3 orders from them?
TARB.
 In English try and report back.
 Go to any item in the catalog  and try placing the order, see if the order ships free.  ;)
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline Redbull3

• View Profile
« Reply #6757 on: August 20, 2021, 09:13:52 AM »

This is awesome info. Thank you!

Offline Redbull3

• View Profile
« Reply #6758 on: August 20, 2021, 09:32:48 AM »
As long as they are upfront how their system works
They’re not. These are their instructions:
After purchasing the coin(s) from the US Mint, email Operations@PinehurstCoins.com to confirm the sale of the coin(s) to Pinehurst Coins.
We will reply to your email with a Purchase Order.
Absolute statements. No hedge. They don’t add “we may let you know hours later that we rejected your email because we filled our quota before you sent it”
If you don't like that you can either find a buyer who will commit beforehand (who will usually pay you less)
Actually the buyers here usually pay more ime, and they commit on the spot. Win win!

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #6759 on: August 20, 2021, 09:34:59 AM »
Actually the buyers here usually pay more ime, and they commit on the spot. Win win!

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don’t.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)