Topic Wiki

Z56 offering to sell at $2300
Myi     "                 "   $2350 OBO
« Last edited by myi on May 05, 2016, 01:57:25 PM »

Author Topic: Buying/selling. Mercury Dime 2016 Centennial Gold Coin (Master Thread)  (Read 30735 times)

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
$2160
For every one of us that sold for $2250+ to individuals and for all those on ebay that sold for more, his offer was VERY generous. 

Guess $2,160 > $2250+
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline pfscoins

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Would love to know how this market works? Are these coins something that will go up in value over time?

I doubt it

Offline pfscoins

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
They're still selling for $240-270 on ebay as recently as two days ago.  Don't let the market pros fool you.  It's a market that like any other carries with it risk. Understanding the market helps mitigate risk.  But it's wildly inefficient and thus there is opportunity.

factor in ebay & paypal fees, cost of shipping, as well as the risk of who you're shipping to, (and the headaches of 10 separate transactions,) i don't think this is an attractive return at all

Offline rileywiles23

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Life is as good as you make it...

Offline pfscoins

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
In other words "Take my low-ball offer or else." Thats a neat marketing gimmick.

There is a market. You just gotta know how to game it and have the patience (and wherewithal) to wait it out.

I never said "or else"... i don't ever beg anybody to opt in to my deals. As a matter of fact, I encourage people that want to take the risk - NOT to opt in to my deals... I make it clear that the price is extremely unpredictable and volatile and the benefit of working with me is the guarantee... If that's not you're cup of tea, then please DON'T opt in.

All I ask of people is that if you do opt in, you hold to your end of the deal, and fulfill.

Offline pfscoins

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
For every one of us that sold for $2250+ to individuals and for all those on ebay that sold for more, his offer was VERY generous. 

Guess $2,160 > $2250+

I did offer $2,160 which included a shipping label, or $2,180 to those who dropped off.

With the benefit of hindsight and assuming there were no risks in buying without a pre-locked-in offer, then you may be right... $2250 > $2160... However, a day prior to these going on sale, there is no doubt in my mind that my offer was a great offer and not a low-ball at all.

Offline GTR

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
No sense piling on PFS, they offer some people a good balance of effort and profit.  However, I would just like to point out that despite some chicken little proclamations, this market is still alive and well offering profits in excess of $300 for those willing to do a little extra.

Offline pfscoins

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
No sense piling on PFS, they offer some people a good balance of effort and profit.  However, I would just like to point out that despite some chicken little proclamations, this market is still alive and well offering profits in excess of $300 for those willing to do a little extra.

I would gladly sell you 5-10 boxes at $2,350 (net to me). Let me know when and where.

Offline Iz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
So when is the next coin deal? Anyone with information?
BUHP

Offline tzifanya54

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile

Guess $2,160 > $2250+
Without knowing the market in advance, then yes I would choose a guaranteed $105 over a speculative gain of $195-$250 any day! Especially considering that it could have gone down below cost.

Offline stever

• View Profile
Without knowing the market in advance, then yes I would choose a guaranteed $105 over a speculative gain of $195-$250 any day! Especially considering that it could have gone down below cost.

+1!

i got 4 confirmed orders at the end, some of my orders went to back order without telling me. PFS bought them all since i committed. dont know if that would happen with someone else

Offline GTR

• View Profile
I would gladly sell you 5-10 boxes at $2,350 (net to me). Let me know when and where.

When: constantly
Where: ebay

You're welcome.

Offline pfscoins

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
When: constantly
Where: ebay

You're welcome.

Huh?

The last two sold boxes that I see on eBay (which were the only two in the last few days) sold for $2350 and $2450.

There is also a Buy-It-Now or Best Offer listed at $2525, so at best - $2450 is the current eBay price.

On a $2450 sale price, eBay fees are $147- $245, PayPal fees are a bit over $66 and shipping costs are around $50.

I don't have a Masters in Mathematics, but I think that nets you $2,187 - $2,089.

Offline GTR

• View Profile
Use average closing price for the last three days for BIN and you'll find a VERY different number.  Of course if you want to continue to blow smoke stick with the auction numbers and one day time frame you used. Also, ebay fees on 2450 range from 117-245. 

As I said here before, PFS offers a great value proposition for many.  I urge those willing to take on a little risk and do a little extra leg work to do so and they'll be rewarded commensurately.

Offline miles lover

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Still have one set of 10. looking for 2150 pm me 

Offline pfscoins

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Still have one set of 10. looking for 2150 pm me

GTR, it looks like you have an easy $200 here... At least PM him your secret sauce for a quick $100. gmafb

Offline sams

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile

GTR, it looks like you have an easy $200 here... At least PM him your secret sauce for a quick $100. gmafb
Nunu just because someone's desperate doesn't mean that's it's value  now

Offline JunkYardUnz

• View Profile
PFS - Are you still buying coins for $2,160?

Offline Yehuda25

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
+1
“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”

― Aristotle

Offline sams

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
 Anyone still buying for cheap? Have friend who will sell for good deal