Author Topic: New Park Hyatt!!!  (Read 10549 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
Re: New Park Hyatt!!!
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2011, 12:55:23 PM »
2 days left to book EK tickets with CO miles.

After this getting to MLE will definitely be trickier.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline aussiebochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2011, 02:30:08 PM »
If as you said you don't mind flying in coach on a short flight then just book an F award (e.g. CX, TG) to CMB then take a short flight over. You can even redeem EK miles for that short leg if you so wish.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2011, 02:50:01 PM »
If as you said you don't mind flying in coach on a short flight then just book an F award (e.g. CX, TG) to CMB then take a short flight over. You can even redeem EK miles for that short leg if you so wish.
Hmm...interesting.
I was thinking of booking 2 CO tickets for EK J that I can change for up to a year or cancel for free.

On AA/CX it would be 110K in J or 135K in F for CLE-LGA-YYZ-HKG-SIN-CMB.  Still need to book CMB-MLE separate, looks like it's ~$250 for a ticket.
On CO/EK it would 120K in J for CLE-YYZ-DXB-MLE.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline chuchem

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2011, 04:07:34 PM »
You will not find 2 seats DXB-MLE now already, they are very hard to get. They only open a few days in advance

Offline chuchem

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2011, 04:07:47 PM »
I mean in business

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2011, 04:10:29 PM »
You will not find 2 seats DXB-MLE now already, they are very hard to get. They only open a few days in advance
I searched for May and found pretty good availability actually.

Offline aussiebochur

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2011, 04:13:21 PM »
I searched for May and found pretty good availability actually.
R/T?

Offline chuchem

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2011, 04:16:19 PM »
Business class ek saver dxb-mle?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2011, 04:28:00 PM »
Business class ek saver dxb-mle?
Just did a random search of 05/05-05/15 for dxb-mle.  All days but one had at least 2 saver J seats.

Offline yare

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2011, 04:52:23 PM »
come up with that yourself?

Offline aussiebochur

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2011, 05:03:26 PM »
come up with that yourself?
It's already been discussed multiple times on the forums, check out Chuchem's Dubai+Maldives thread...

Offline chuchem

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2011, 05:49:43 PM »
I am sorry, but I think you are just blinded by the word free.
Lets see, the hyatt in the maldives will be on a decent island, their watervillas are nothing special. They are very hard to reach even by maldivien standarts. You have to take a internal flight and then another boat ride. Not fun after a long flight. Most resorts can be reached via seaplane within 30-45 minutes. That itself is a experience and cheaper

The hyatt free nights are also worth something. You can sell them for 200-250 Dollars. You can get a few other resorts, that are closer and as nice. especially low season

Lets say the last week in may

Hilton

overwater villa 300 Dollars a night B/B

Zitahli Resorts & Spa Kuda-Funafaru

overwater villa 380 Dollars a night B/B   (much nicer then Hyatt)

Medhufushi Island Resort

overwater villa 230 Dollars a night B/B

I can keep on going, I just dont think a chain is any better in the maldives. If you shlep around the world to get there, you might as well pick the best and nicest place and not think about a freebie, that you could sell anyway.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2011, 07:13:34 PM »
We'll have to agree to disagree.

-The tripadvisor reviews for the PH look very good and it's ranked #2 for Male, Maldives.

-The stays that I have had at Park Hyatt (Paris, Zurich, Melbourne, and Sydney) have been above and beyond anything I've ever experienced at any other hotel.  The genuine service they provide diamond members is nothing short of stunning.  They go completely out of their way to make your stay amazing.  Free amazing kosher food speads, kosher wine/champagne, cholov yisroel chocolates, free rides to the airport in an audi quattro, free bike usage, etc, etc.
I would stay in a Park Hyatt over any hotel is that's an option.

-It may be remote, but there is a benefit in that.  You are on your own private island with just 50 rooms.  And the water is unspoiled and clear.

-The villas here are supposed to be made in a way that's more private than other locations.

And I would just rather use my 22K points and stay free and enjoy the perks of my top-tier status (free wifi, upgrades, etc).  I'll stay in a Hyatt or Starwood before other hotels due to my status and how they treat me as a VIP when I stay there instead of just some Joe Shmoe.

Offline YOSEF

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2011, 07:25:02 PM »
I am sorry, but I think people are just blinded by the word free.
+1
I personally think that alot of people get blinded by "free" way too often.

Every time I look into using points, its all about a cost-benefit analysis: how many points, which are actually worth x amount etc, and it seems some people just throw them around like water, not realizing that they are actual currency.

That being said, if one wants to use money for a certain hotel room or flight, as long as they realize they are spending, guzunta heit.

Offline chuchem

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2011, 07:46:51 PM »
We'll have to agree to disagree.

-The tripadvisor reviews for the PH look very good and it's ranked #2 for Male, Maldives.

ITS IN THE MALE SECTION, THATS WRONG, ITS REAL FAR FROM MALE

-The stays that I have had at Park Hyatt (Paris, Zurich, Melbourne, and Sydney) have been above and beyond anything I've ever experienced at any other hotel.  The genuine service they provide diamond members is nothing short of stunning.  They go completely out of their way to make your stay amazing.  Free amazing kosher food speads, kosher wine/champagne, cholov yisroel chocolates, free rides to the airport in an audi quattro, free bike usage, etc, etc.
I would stay in a Park Hyatt over any hotel is that's an option.

NO FREE RIDE IN THE MALDIVES, THEY GIVE YOU A COUPLE OF FREEBIES AND YOU ARE ATTACHED TO THEM. YOU WILL GET GOOD SERVICE ALL OVER THE MALDIVES. REALLY WORTH STAYING AT A WORSE RESORT, JUST TO GET A FEW FREEBIES AND THEM KISSING YOUR FEET AS A DIAMOND??

-It may be remote, but there is a benefit in that.  You are on your own private island with just 50 rooms.  And the water is unspoiled and clear.

ALL ISLAND HAVE THAT, SOME HAVE MORE VILLAS, SOME LESS. LOOKING AT THE PICTURES THE ISLAND AND VILLAS DO NOT LOOK SPECIAL AT ALL I SPEND ALOT OF TIME RESEARCHING THE MALDIVES

-The villas here are supposed to be made in a way that's more private than other locations.

DONT AGREE AT ALL

And I would just rather use my 22K points and stay free and enjoy the perks of my top-tier status (free wifi, upgrades, etc).  I'll stay in a Hyatt or Starwood before other hotels due to my status and how they treat me as a VIP when I stay there instead of just some Joe Shmoe.

ALL 5 STAR RESORTS WILL TREAT YOU NICELY, MOST HAVE FREE WIFI AND THE WATERVILLA IS THE BEST UPGRADE YOU MIGHT GET AT THE HYATT. THAT WATERVILLA IS NOT NEARLY AS NICE AT OTHER RESORTS. IT DOES NOT EVEN HAVE A JACUZZI OR POOL. YOU ARE BLINDED BY THE HYATT SIGN, OTHER THEN THAT I WOULD NOT HAVE GIVEN IT A SECOND LOOK, WHEN PICKING A RESORT. DONT SELL YOUR SOUL TO A BRAND!