Author Topic: New Park Hyatt!!!  (Read 13957 times)

Offline aussiebochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Re: New Park Hyatt!!!
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2011, 05:03:26 PM »
come up with that yourself?
It's already been discussed multiple times on the forums, check out Chuchem's Dubai+Maldives thread...

Offline chuchem

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2011, 05:49:43 PM »
I am sorry, but I think you are just blinded by the word free.
Lets see, the hyatt in the maldives will be on a decent island, their watervillas are nothing special. They are very hard to reach even by maldivien standarts. You have to take a internal flight and then another boat ride. Not fun after a long flight. Most resorts can be reached via seaplane within 30-45 minutes. That itself is a experience and cheaper

The hyatt free nights are also worth something. You can sell them for 200-250 Dollars. You can get a few other resorts, that are closer and as nice. especially low season

Lets say the last week in may

Hilton

overwater villa 300 Dollars a night B/B

Zitahli Resorts & Spa Kuda-Funafaru

overwater villa 380 Dollars a night B/B   (much nicer then Hyatt)

Medhufushi Island Resort

overwater villa 230 Dollars a night B/B

I can keep on going, I just dont think a chain is any better in the maldives. If you shlep around the world to get there, you might as well pick the best and nicest place and not think about a freebie, that you could sell anyway.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2011, 07:13:34 PM »
We'll have to agree to disagree.

-The tripadvisor reviews for the PH look very good and it's ranked #2 for Male, Maldives.

-The stays that I have had at Park Hyatt (Paris, Zurich, Melbourne, and Sydney) have been above and beyond anything I've ever experienced at any other hotel.  The genuine service they provide diamond members is nothing short of stunning.  They go completely out of their way to make your stay amazing.  Free amazing kosher food speads, kosher wine/champagne, cholov yisroel chocolates, free rides to the airport in an audi quattro, free bike usage, etc, etc.
I would stay in a Park Hyatt over any hotel is that's an option.

-It may be remote, but there is a benefit in that.  You are on your own private island with just 50 rooms.  And the water is unspoiled and clear.

-The villas here are supposed to be made in a way that's more private than other locations.

And I would just rather use my 22K points and stay free and enjoy the perks of my top-tier status (free wifi, upgrades, etc).  I'll stay in a Hyatt or Starwood before other hotels due to my status and how they treat me as a VIP when I stay there instead of just some Joe Shmoe.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline YOSEF

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2011, 07:25:02 PM »
I am sorry, but I think people are just blinded by the word free.
+1
I personally think that alot of people get blinded by "free" way too often.

Every time I look into using points, its all about a cost-benefit analysis: how many points, which are actually worth x amount etc, and it seems some people just throw them around like water, not realizing that they are actual currency.

That being said, if one wants to use money for a certain hotel room or flight, as long as they realize they are spending, guzunta heit.

Offline chuchem

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2011, 07:46:51 PM »
We'll have to agree to disagree.

-The tripadvisor reviews for the PH look very good and it's ranked #2 for Male, Maldives.

ITS IN THE MALE SECTION, THATS WRONG, ITS REAL FAR FROM MALE

-The stays that I have had at Park Hyatt (Paris, Zurich, Melbourne, and Sydney) have been above and beyond anything I've ever experienced at any other hotel.  The genuine service they provide diamond members is nothing short of stunning.  They go completely out of their way to make your stay amazing.  Free amazing kosher food speads, kosher wine/champagne, cholov yisroel chocolates, free rides to the airport in an audi quattro, free bike usage, etc, etc.

NO FREE RIDE IN THE MALDIVES, THEY GIVE YOU A COUPLE OF FREEBIES AND YOU ARE ATTACHED TO THEM. YOU WILL GET GOOD SERVICE ALL OVER THE MALDIVES. REALLY WORTH STAYING AT A WORSE RESORT, JUST TO GET A FEW FREEBIES AND THEM KISSING YOUR FEET AS A DIAMOND??

-It may be remote, but there is a benefit in that.  You are on your own private island with just 50 rooms.  And the water is unspoiled and clear.

ALL ISLAND HAVE THAT, SOME HAVE MORE VILLAS, SOME LESS. LOOKING AT THE PICTURES THE ISLAND AND VILLAS DO NOT LOOK SPECIAL AT ALL I SPEND ALOT OF TIME RESEARCHING THE MALDIVES

-The villas here are supposed to be made in a way that's more private than other locations.

DONT AGREE AT ALL

And I would just rather use my 22K points and stay free and enjoy the perks of my top-tier status (free wifi, upgrades, etc).  I'll stay in a Hyatt or Starwood before other hotels due to my status and how they treat me as a VIP when I stay there instead of just some Joe Shmoe.

ALL 5 STAR RESORTS WILL TREAT YOU NICELY, MOST HAVE FREE WIFI AND THE WATERVILLA IS THE BEST UPGRADE YOU MIGHT GET AT THE HYATT. THAT WATERVILLA IS NOT NEARLY AS NICE AT OTHER RESORTS. IT DOES NOT EVEN HAVE A JACUZZI OR POOL. YOU ARE BLINDED BY THE HYATT SIGN, OTHER THEN THAT I WOULD NOT HAVE GIVEN IT A SECOND LOOK, WHEN PICKING A RESORT. DONT SELL YOUR SOUL TO A BRAND!

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2011, 07:50:10 PM »
ALL 5 STAR RESORTS WILL TREAT YOU NICELY, MOST HAVE FREE WIFI AND THE WATERVILLA IS THE BEST UPGRADE YOU MIGHT GET AT THE HYATT. THAT WATERVILLA IS NOT NEARLY AS NICE AT OTHER RESORTS. IT DOES NOT EVEN HAVE A JACUZZI OR POOL. YOU ARE BLINDED BY THE HYATT SIGN, OTHER THEN THAT I WOULD NOT HAVE GIVEN IT A SECOND LOOK, WHEN PICKING A RESORT. DONT SELL YOUR SOUL TO A BRAND!

But why are you SCREAMING?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline chuchem

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2011, 07:50:55 PM »
Sorry didnt realize.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2011, 10:14:03 PM »
Again we'll have to agree to disagree.
I now have 4 free nights in a suite from the Hyatt Visa.  If Hyatt will let them confirm into an OWB in the PH Maldives I don't see the reason to make a whole balagan just to avoid staying in a brand.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline E

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2011, 11:38:44 PM »

Dan you bring up the Park Hyatt in Paris all the time, I'm still not sure what impressed you so much I've been to the PH in Paris, Aviera, Milan, Wahington DC, Buenos Aires and was never truly wowed.. ok maybe the the one in BA but paris although it was nice and the room was very expensive I wasn't wowed, the Le Grand in paris was much more impressive I thought. I wouldn't travel hours out of the way just for a PH especially when there are so many other nice hotels there. I don't even see it on the Conde Nast Gold list!!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2011, 02:02:08 AM »
Dan you bring up the Park Hyatt in Paris all the time, I'm still not sure what impressed you so much I've been to the PH in Paris, Aviera, Milan, Wahington DC, Buenos Aires and was never truly wowed.. ok maybe the the one in BA but paris although it was nice and the room was very expensive I wasn't wowed, the Le Grand in paris was much more impressive I thought. I wouldn't travel hours out of the way just for a PH especially when there are so many other nice hotels there. I don't even see it on the Conde Nast Gold list!!
PH Paris? What can I say.  We loved it as did many many others that I have sent there.  Most said it was the highlight of their trip.

From the top-notch service without the French attitude, to the intoxicating smell of the place, to the complementary $$$$$ bottle of kosher champagne, to the downright impressive breakfast spreads (breads, juices, pastries, jams, yogurts, fruits, varieties of cheeses, etc), to the seemingly always empty spa facilities, to the spacious room and bathroom, to the Blaise Mautin toiletries, to the departure gift of a bottle of the hotel's perfume, to the excellent location of the hotel right at the Opera transit hub and within walking distance of the Louvre, Tuilieries gardens, and Champs Elysses (and the excellent Chabad house there), etc, etc, etc.
I don't understand what's not to love about that hotel!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2011, 02:05:47 AM »
+1
I personally think that alot of people get blinded by "free" way too often.

Every time I look into using points, its all about a cost-benefit analysis: how many points, which are actually worth x amount etc, and it seems some people just throw them around like water, not realizing that they are actual currency.

That being said, if one wants to use money for a certain hotel room or flight, as long as they realize they are spending, guzunta heit.

Really now?  Here I thought you should always use points without looking at the value.

Miles are free.

Free?
Miles are a currency just like cash is a currency.  Perhaps not quite as liquid and well-defined, but plenty of other currencies have similar characteristics.  There's a simple cost/benefit analysis that must be done every time.

Offline chuchem

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2011, 03:25:58 AM »
Yes, the park hyatt paris was very nice, but again you are getting blinded by the word "free" you are all excited about free parfum, free champagne, free breakfast, free internet. While its nice to have, this is not going to make my paris experience. I slept there and went sightseeing most of the day. It was nice to have a 5* place to sleep at night.
In the maldives you will spend 24 hours at the resort.

You are going to a medium resort, with medium overwater villas and medium island. As well as the shlep to get there. I dont think picking a hotel in the maldives should be made on the few freebies you might get. Sell the suite nights for 300+ dollars and pick a real nice resort. I will tell them to give u a free parfum to make you happy ;-)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2011, 10:11:21 AM »
Yes, the park hyatt paris was very nice, but again you are getting blinded by the word "free" you are all excited about free parfum, free champagne, free breakfast, free internet. While its nice to have, this is not going to make my paris experience. I slept there and went sightseeing most of the day. It was nice to have a 5* place to sleep at night.
In the maldives you will spend 24 hours at the resort.

You are going to a medium resort, with medium overwater villas and medium island. As well as the shlep to get there. I dont think picking a hotel in the maldives should be made on the few freebies you might get. Sell the suite nights for 300+ dollars and pick a real nice resort. I will tell them to give u a free parfum to make you happy ;-)
Where exactly are you seeing that the resort is subpar?
The pictures look phenomenal and most reviews are glowing.
Other bloggers have called it one of the top Maldivian resorts.
FT'ers that have stayed there are raving about the place.

There's a reason the place is able to charge over $1,000 a night and I don't believe its as "subpar" as you claim it is.

Offline chuchem

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2011, 07:25:32 PM »
Where exactly are you seeing that the resort is subpar?
The pictures look phenomenal and most reviews are glowing.
Other bloggers have called it one of the top Maldivian resorts.
FT'ers that have stayed there are raving about the place.

There's a reason the place is able to charge over $1,000 a night and I don't believe its as "subpar" as you claim it is.

I just dont think this island is special at all.  On TR almost every 5 star resort has great feedback, as the maldives are so nice, almost nobody is unhappy. I looked at almost every 5 star hotel before booking, I checked out pictures of the villas. Its nice but nothing special.
I am just saying, if you shlep around the world to get to the maldives and spend alot of miles and money on it, dont get blinded by free and brands

Offline YOSEF

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2011, 11:51:55 PM »
Dan, if you look at my previous post, and the quote that I was referring to/quoted, I did change the word from "you", to "people"; you seem to take what I said as a personal assessment of you, and I never intended it as such.

I personally don't really do the whole hotel thing, so I can't really voice an opinion on this particular issue, but like I said, it seems a lot of people (yes, even on DDF) don't view points as a currency.

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2011, 11:20:38 AM »
PH Paris? What can I say.  We loved it as did many many others that I have sent there.  Most said it was the highlight of their trip.

From the top-notch service without the French attitude, to the intoxicating smell of the place, to the complementary $$$$$ bottle of kosher champagne, to the downright impressive breakfast spreads (breads, juices, pastries, jams, yogurts, fruits, varieties of cheeses, etc), to the seemingly always empty spa facilities, to the spacious room and bathroom, to the Blaise Mautin toiletries, to the departure gift of a bottle of the hotel's perfume, to the excellent location of the hotel right at the Opera transit hub and within walking distance of the Louvre, Tuilieries gardens, and Champs Elysses (and the excellent Chabad house there), etc, etc, etc.
I don't understand what's not to love about that hotel!
dan do u only get those things by being a diamons member of hyatt or just because it is a ph

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2011, 12:16:24 PM »
Confirmed: Regular Category 6 rates!!!
You can start making reservations for the hotel on 04/01/11.
22K points per night.
A great value for points usage or free Hyatt Visa nights!

If only SPG would have such reasonable rates for their $1,000/night properties like in Bora Bora or the Maldives!

« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 01:00:11 PM by Dan »

Offline chuchem

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2011, 02:27:35 PM »
When I wanted to go in June regular rooms were going for 600 Dollars, so its a good way of redeeming points, but Sudney and Paris are even more expensive. Considering the high cost to get there, the high costs being there, I dont thinks its such a "mezie" Once again, even if you get a overwater villa as diamond, there are much better places out there.
But for someone that has plenty of points or the free nights and anyway wants to go, its a good way to get the maldives costs a little lower. Before your vacation even starts you will pay 1000 Dollars for transfer for 2 people. Everything else is also expensive, the costs of their "trips" are priced double as high as most resorts.
Another big minus: most resorts you will reach in 30 min with a seaplane transfer, this one you have to take a one hour internal maldives flight and then another 1,5 hour boatride. This will cost you more then half day off your vacation when coming and going

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2011, 05:15:44 PM »
Now on hyatt.com:
http://maldives.hadahaa.park.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/

They will not accept diamond suite upgrade certs.  If this hotel won't upgrade diamonds to the water villa I can't see myself ever staying here...we'll just have to wait and see.

04/19:
Park Villa: $1,040+tax=$1,189
22K/$1,189=5.945 cents per point

Park Pool Villa: $1,240+
Park Water Villa: $1,390+

Offline ceejay

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2011, 06:25:23 PM »
Can you use 33k pts to get a suite?