Author Topic: EL AL  (Read 664660 times)

Offline m65

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: EL AL
« Reply #2460 on: April 10, 2022, 03:33:56 PM »
whats up with LY14?

Offline Jacob88

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: April 11, 2022, 02:23:15 PM »
https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/airlines/el-al/el-al-new-ceo-just-one-year-heres-advice/

Agreed on the Matmid, airline alliance,  website suggestions.
I think though that they need to addresses the lack of customer service asap. I know that this is a larger issue not only with other airlines but with other industries right now- but the inability to reach anyone on phone for the last while, and then asking people to reach out via Whatsapp and then having automated messages tell people to call a 1800 number instead- that you call that tells customers to use the app...like whos in charge there? How is that acceptable?

In the context of the airline industry itself, it hard not to compare El Al to other airlines, but the reality is that all these American and EU airlines are wayyyy bigger and service markets much bigger than El Al does. It doest have the economic scale that these airlines do have, and with open skies a few years ago, and now with the middle eastern airlines coming in with daily flights with cheaper connection options, its gonna be alot of harder for the airline to pull it together.

Lastly, the departures counter at TLV is an issue, as other airlines have faster security and counter check-ins then LY does. The LY line snakes and snakes and snakes.Its time consuming and forsure a consideration when flying out of TLV. They used to be a bit more efficient with a drop-off counter if you had checked in already and just needed to drop of the baggage, or if i recall, you could even drop it off 24 hours prior to your flight (as noted here: https://www.elal.com/en/PassengersInfo/Useful-Info/Pages/Pre-Flight-Service.aspx ).

Offline tavster

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 65
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP
« Reply #2462 on: April 11, 2022, 06:32:46 PM »
..you could even drop it off 24 hours prior to your flight (as noted here: https://www.elal.com/en/PassengersInfo/Useful-Info/Pages/Pre-Flight-Service.aspx ).
This exists. You can drop the bags at Terminal 1 the day before, for all LY flights to North America and a few additional destinations like CDG and LHR. IINM it's only for Israeli passport holders.

The LY head of marketing told me that additional drop off stations will be added throughout the country over the coming months - we'll see if that happens

Offline Sammy82

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: April 11, 2022, 09:27:39 PM »
This exists. You can drop the bags at Terminal 1 the day before, for all LY flights to North America and a few additional destinations like CDG and LHR. IINM it's only for Israeli passport holders.

The LY head of marketing told me that additional drop off stations will be added throughout the country over the coming months - we'll see if that happens
IIRC there used to be a drop off place in Yerushalayim (going back ~20 years)

Offline tavster

• View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: April 11, 2022, 09:35:20 PM »
IIRC there used to be a drop off place in Yerushalayim (going back ~20 years)
I remember that clearly ~30 years ago..not sure when it stopped

Offline yochai

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: April 11, 2022, 10:54:39 PM »
I remember that clearly ~30 years ago..not sure when it stopped
There used to, but it wasn’t an LY service. It was a third party authorized by Ben Gurion airport that worked for all airlines.

Offline Jacob88

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: April 12, 2022, 10:13:01 AM »

Does it?
I havent seen it mentioned anywhere? The link i posted was outdated.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 12:03:53 PM by Jacob88 »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2467 on: April 12, 2022, 10:14:30 AM »
TLV-EWR 13:30 departure going to become 06:30 departure.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yochai

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: April 12, 2022, 11:15:51 AM »
TLV-EWR 13:30 departure going to become 06:30 departure.
When?

Offline tavster

• View Profile

Offline Jacob88

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: April 12, 2022, 06:08:21 PM »
https://www.timesofisrael.com/consumer-watchdog-orders-el-al-to-address-numerous-customer-complaints/

It was a bad situation as i noted in the above post. You call the 1800 they tell you to use Whatsapp, Whatsapp tells you to call the 1800  >:(. I know that people are getting through now though.....

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #2471 on: April 18, 2022, 08:58:15 PM »
https://www.globes.co.il/news/article.aspx?did=1001409382

Interview with CEO of the Matmid program. Towards the end there's an indication that they are in talks to join OneWorld (though based on the language used it might be an editorial observation rather than information from within).
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2472 on: April 18, 2022, 09:11:56 PM »

Interview with CEO of the Matmid program. Towards the end there's an indication that they are in talks to join OneWorld (though based on the language used it might be an editorial observation rather than information from within).
Zzzzzz
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline moe8555

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #2473 on: April 19, 2022, 06:30:57 AM »
In today's Passport News article, they once again claimed to be debuting a refreshed program this year that will include more perks for those with status.  For my redemptions, Qantas or pure cashback is definitely a way better strategy (but admittedly, those Matmid redemption sales and birthday offers they used to have before covid were quite good at times).

Offline moe8555

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #2474 on: April 19, 2022, 06:32:34 AM »
Not referring to this.

Any updates?  And do you know what will happen to those of us grandfathered into the invite-only US Bank card they briefly offered last year?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2475 on: April 19, 2022, 09:11:55 AM »
Any updates?  And do you know what will happen to those of us grandfathered into the invite-only US Bank card they briefly offered last year?
I doubt they can offer a card with another bank anytime soon. But with a new FFP they can relaunch that card.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: April 19, 2022, 09:13:05 AM »
In today's Passport News article, they once again claimed to be debuting a refreshed program this year that will include more perks for those with status.  For my redemptions, Qantas or pure cashback is definitely a way better strategy (but admittedly, those Matmid redemption sales and birthday offers they used to have before covid were quite good at times).
Based on my early conversations with Ronen, I'm expecting an evolution, not a revolution of Matmid.

Offline Jacob88

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: April 19, 2022, 01:18:38 PM »
"A time for spring renewal: El Al's first female CEO"

https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/article-704254

"Look what happened in the last month. With the increase in demand for flights to the United States, El Al added to its global reservation system a second daily flight to Newark. Thousands of tickets were sold at reasonable fares, and United Airlines, with its twice-daily flights to Newark airport, was understandably concerned. But then something happened – those afternoon El Al flights to Newark were canceled.

The reason for the cancellation was not because of weather issues, nor because the planes were being used on another route, nor because of a lack of pilots. The reason was that someone high up at El Al never bothered to get permission from the airport authority at Newark airport for El Al to operate a second flight."

Offline moe8555

• View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: April 20, 2022, 05:12:06 AM »
The reason for the cancellation was not because of weather issues, nor because the planes were being used on another route, nor because of a lack of pilots. The reason was that someone high up at El Al never bothered to get permission from the airport authority at Newark airport for El Al to operate a second flight."

Wow... that's truly shocking in the worst sense of the word.

Offline tavster

• View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: April 23, 2022, 03:38:59 PM »

Hamatmidim reacts to the interviews, and also raises the list of questions which Globes didn't ask:
Google translated

- Why are so many regular passengers upset and angry about the changes taking place at the club and the deteriorating conditions that are taking place at El Al (given that many of them are members of other aviation clubs)?

- What is the club's upgrade policy and why is there a feeling asked about greatly reducing the upgrade options?

- What is the availability of bonus tickets on flights and has there been a decrease in the amount allocated in recent years?

- Why does the King David Lounge at Ben Gurion Airport not improve and remain a mediocre lounge and even inferior to many international lounges?

- Why are the components associated with the hard product - kit, pillows, blankets, etc. - are relatively inferior in an international comparison and why does the company not improve them?

- Why does El Al not directly compete with US routes and offer (at least in all the cases I have examined, hundreds of such cases over a long period of time) tickets at significantly higher prices on average from other companies offering flights to these routes (especially when it comes to stopover flights)?

- Does El Al intend to make significant alliances with partner airlines in a way that will bridge even slightly the gap between the major airlines?

- Does El Al intend to improve its flight schedule in any way that will bridge, even slightly, the lack of flights on Saturdays and holidays?

- Why is the frequency of El Al's flights on many routes to Europe low and does the company not know the importance of creating aviation continuity even at the expense of filling the planes?

https://hamatmidim.wordpress.com/2022/04/23/%d7%aa%d7%92%d7%95%d7%91%d7%94-%d7%9c%d7%a8%d7%90%d7%99%d7%95%d7%9f-%d7%a2%d7%9d-%d7%a8%d7%95%d7%a0%d7%9f-%d7%92%d7%9c%d7%a4%d7%a8%d7%99%d7%9f-%d7%9e%d7%a0%d7%9b%d7%9c-%d7%94%d7%a0%d7%95%d7%a1/